FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Another material to make padlock shims

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Another material to make padlock shims

I was messing around yesterday and found something to make shims out of that may last a little longer than soda can metal!
Take an old 9 volt battery and peel the outside metal off, make sure you don't cut into the sealed part of the battery, and dispose of contents as you deem necessary, take a good pair of scissors or tin snips and fashion shims as you normally would. These work on most of my locks but they may be too thick to work on all locks as this material is a lot heavier.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

quaiboi

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:52 am

Re: Another material to make padlock shims

i came across a video......and they said that u could use floppy discs....(the metal part).....i'm not sure how to make it....but i came across a video on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br4FbEC1 ... re=related
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:32 am

yep, you can take the metal slider off of the floppy disk, that metal should be easy to work with and cut, I have never tried using one of those, but have heard of it a few times. Thanks for your input.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

quaiboi

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:09 am

yeah....that thing is kind of new.....the most common thing for shims are aluminum cans....and usually they suck......havent tried the floppy disc though....
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:15 pm

I just find that aluminum cans are so soft, you can't ever make a real good shim out of them, let alone one that will make it for more than one lock!

Return to Bypassing