FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Drilling Cylinders to gain entry

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:05 am

Drilling Cylinders to gain entry

I guess, never mind. Thanks.
Last edited by the lockpickkid on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Drilling Cylinders to gain entry

I let alot of this crap alone, but a drilling tutorial? No, that is something that needs to be discussed in a trade forum, not the open forum of a hobbiests site. I love the whole free exchange of ideas, but drilling crosses a line of accountability that exceeds the need for discussion. What's next, a tutorial to show how to buzz off a shrouded padlock with and angle grinder? Get a drill, a couple sharp bits and make it happen. I thought you were a locksmith? Line it up straight, and drill.

-Tooly
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Sorry lockpickkid , Tooly hit the nail on the head , or at least that
type of info should be restricted to stringent vetting . :roll:
Open Sez Me !
<<

pinhead1304

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:28 pm

i completely disagree i mean if we can have stuff about shimming, using comb picks or pick guns and (epg's) then why not drilling,
i think it's a good idea.
A zealous locksmith died of late,

And did arrive at heaven gate,

He stood without and would not knock,

Because he meant to pick the lock.
<<

barbarian

Post Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:20 pm

A guide tool of some sort makes your life easier.

http://www.hpcworld.com/Tools/t_ce6000.htm
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:57 pm

Sorry lockpickkid, I didn't mean to sound so hateful. Barbarian has the right post. Helpful instead of rage dump.
pinhead1304 wrote:i completely disagree i mean if we can have stuff about shimming, using comb picks or pick guns and (epg's) then why not drilling,
i think it's a good idea.

Shimming, comb picks, pick guns, epg's, none of them 100 percent of the time render the cylinder useless. I just want to keep it light, no plug pullers, no modified hand drill wafer lock snappers. The problem is if it is ok to discuss drilling a kwickset in detail, then it is ok to discuss drill points for high security locks as well. An under the door tools is non destructive and clever. It requires skill to use like 99 percent of the tools we discuss. Tutorials for where to use a pry bar to snap loose a cam lock, or where to drill different locks. It has it's place, but it's just PM material to me, not tutorial.

-Toolymcgee
<<

barbarian

Post Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:41 pm

Look on page two of the National Locksmith sample download.

http://ftp.thenationallocksmith.com/pdf ... N_09_2.pdf
<<

happykill

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:24 am

I remember the first padlock I drilled into. Was completely ceased up and there was simply no picking to it. The lock had been on a fence gate for a number of years so I wasn't worried about it as far as ruining it goes.

I had never dug into a lock with a drill before and I decided to make my way through the center of the plug. Needless to say when the bit cought the first keypin I nearly broke my wrist lol.

Call it a mess of all sorts of things, inexperiance, improper tools, bad planning. May not be the prettiest way to remove a lock but sometimes there's really no other choice. We all prefer to pick em, but it's good to know other methods of removal :twisted:
-------------------------------
Known Some Call Is Air Am
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:27 am

Unless you come across alot of the primus or locks with sidebar id save your money on the cyclinder eater .$250 is alot of money...unless your one of those scammers that drill every lock and charge to replace...a simple drill jig and bit will do you fine..one standard and one for tulip handles..Every once in a great while you will run across a lock that it broke, jacked, clogged..ran across one like this the other day...but was already open...customer must have put a whole jar of graphite in the lock and could figure out why the key wouldnt work..Ill do 2 to 3 a year that ill have to drill...heres a good site for the usa guys here...they only require you to fax papers and license in if your buying bump keys so no worries for the hobbie guys. http://www.lockpicks.com/destructiveentry.aspx
Anyways it also looks professional and your bits dont walk all over or take off and damage stuff
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:15 am

If you had to do it that would be the way to go for sure!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

rickthepick

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:38 am

lever mortise and safe drilling, i can give some good tips on that if anyone wants to hear them. You cant pick everything.

110 detainers are pretty much unpickable, in fact the drill is my weapon of choice out on the job with these locks, a simple well aimed 8mm hole and a bit of wire, your in. Anf a fully functioning lock aftyerwards if done correctly.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 am

Rick - Drilling cylinders is a topic for the password protected BPDE section - and that's for trusted invited members, law enforcement, military and pro locksmiths.

If you are a bonafide licensed professional locky - contact me via PM and I'll let you know what's required for entry.
<<

dgtlcrack

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:44 am

Or buy HPC's cylinder eater with the extra attachments.. insert cylinder eater, drill through tiny hole, turn. open.
*- Digital Crack -*
"You want my knowledge, my answers, well you're going to get it the way I give it to you: with a grain of salt, logic, and nearly sarcastic common sense.... unless you are willing to pay, then I'll shut the hell up and you can be the boss"
<<

dgtlcrack

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:47 am

that was a joke, but seriously you are a locksmith and a lock picker, you know where the sheer line is right? you know where the sidebars are right?
what else do you need? a pirate map of how to walk to the door?
*- Digital Crack -*
"You want my knowledge, my answers, well you're going to get it the way I give it to you: with a grain of salt, logic, and nearly sarcastic common sense.... unless you are willing to pay, then I'll shut the hell up and you can be the boss"
<<

eeze

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:56 am

dgtlcrack wrote:that was a joke, but seriously you are a locksmith and a lock picker, you know where the sheer line is right? you know where the sidebars are right?
what else do you need? a pirate map of how to walk to the door?

very well said , its not quantum physics just use common sense and you can work out for your self where to drill.
Next

Return to Bypassing