FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Does anyone have Tryout Key codes for SmartKey locks

<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:37 am

Does anyone have Tryout Key codes for SmartKey locks

Does any one have a listing of the smart key try out key codes, I came across some cheap blanks in a bulk lot for KW and figured if I could come across them I would cut them to have on hand. Has anyone use locktechs device on these locks they are easy to open with force and a bear to open by picking for such a cheap lock I have tried the lishi tool on them and had better success but still not perfect for some reason the landlord in our office building placed these cheap locks on the second floor The last one I ended up destroying and replacing just to open quickly when a therapist locked herself out .
<<

Kezo

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:02 am

Re: Does anyone have Tryout Key codes for SmartKey locks

I pm'd you the list.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:49 pm

Thank you for the assistance, Love this grp of people on here. Always helpful Wish I had more time to be involved on here but work keeps me busy busy
<<

barbarian

Post Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:36 pm

So just a bit curious here. Does anybody know the logic used to choose the 32 key set ?

I read somewhere that you can try the 32 key set and find one that almost opens the lock, then you can choose 7 or 8 keys based on that one from the 32 key set. This would greatly cut down on the number of keys you had to try in order to get the correct one.

I understand the logic that goes into making the full 243 key set.

Has anyone bothered to cut a full set of 243 ?
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:09 pm

good question I too would like to know, only reason I was gonna do it is because I got cheap keys just burning a hole in my desk.

***I want to try one of those Locktech boroscopes also If any one finds a good deal on one let me know, ,ay try and find a cheaper scope on ali express or something and build, 345 is good amount just to toy with for a day, Think it could be interesting to play with, or even modify to use on high security locks even also to maybe set angles etc on like medeco etc.
<<

malfunctionjunction

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:22 am

There is a simple optical scope by Lockmasters for $270, but that's still high. I'd been seriously considering the $345 camera tool but I'm hesitant now that I read Kwikset is supposed to be coming out with smartkey locks in the Schlage C keyway (SC1). I'm curious if they'll be similarly vulnerable, and if there will be an upgraded tool that does both or an additional key blade tip or something else. Hate to throw down $350 just to be annoyed a few months down the road.

There's also a thread on reddit (with a youtube video) of someone who makes one of these cameras using the replacement key blade tip from the manufacturer and a $5 ebay camera. Rather have the real thing, but maybe that's just me being foolish. You could probably make your own key blade tip for it as well, if you were really looking to save money and be crafty. All depends on how much time you want to invest in it and how durable/presentable you want it to be.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Locksmith/comm ... y_decoder/
<<

barbarian

Post Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:19 am

So after some research..

I am certain the 32 key set was created by a locksmith posting as ufd538. I found the thread on the other site where he details the development and use of the keys way back in 2007. He found through experiments that a “2” cut worked on depths 1, 2, and 3. Also that a “5” depth worked on depths 4, 5 and 6. So the 32 key set is just a progression of those two cuts. He also stated that sometimes the wafers were bent by using the 32 key set. Apparently the locks are designed with loose tolerances on the wafers inside to enable customers to use worn or slightly off cut keys without difficulty.

243 key set.

If you look at the depths on the Kwikset you can see there is .023 or twenty three thousandths of an inch between depths. So to make the 243 key set you just split the difference in a 1 cut (.329) and a 2 cut (.306) so let’s call it .318 or for our purposes depth “A”. Also split the difference in a 3 cut (.283) and a 4 cut (.260) and let’s make that .272 and call it “B” cut. Last we can split a 5 cut (.237) and a 6 cut (.214) to get .226 and we will call that depth “C”.

Now we have three depths to cut A, B, and C. The “A” cut should work on depths 1 and 2. The “B” cut on 3 and 4, and the “C” cut on depths 5 and 6. Create a progression list with those three cuts and you have 243 keys. With any luck the wafers wouldn’t be bent by using these keys with the cuts only being wrong by .012 of an inch. If anyone wants a detailed guide to creating such a list I can post it.

The original Kwikset lock had macs 4. Also a rule of only two adjacent cuts of the same depth. This means you won’t see keys cut with depth 1 next to depth 6. Also you won’t see three in a row of the same depth.

When you look at the key progressions you will see keys like AAAAB and so on. Keep in mind this example will work on a lock that is set to 12114 or 21123. So a key with three "A" cuts in a row doesn't violate macs.

There is also a depth 7 on the Kwikset, but I believe it is only used on construction keying.

Not sure if I should post the lists, but I doubt any bad guys would go to the trouble to cut 200+ keys and carry them around.

<<

Kezo

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:24 pm

barbarian wrote:So after some research..

I am certain the 32 key set was created by a locksmith posting as ufd538. I found the thread on the other site where he details the development and use of the keys way back in 2007. He found through experiments that a “2” cut worked on depths 1, 2, and 3. Also that a “5” depth worked on depths 4, 5 and 6. So the 32 key set is just a progression of those two cuts. He also stated that sometimes the wafers were bent by using the 32 key set. Apparently the locks are designed with loose tolerances on the wafers inside to enable customers to use worn or slightly off cut keys without difficulty.

I used to have the 32 key set years ago. I've lost it since and don't have the bitting list for it anymore. I'm glad I had it when the SmartKey first came out, but did not like it because it will bend the wafers. The 243 key set works much better.

barbarian wrote:Not sure if I should post the lists, but I doubt any bad guys would go to the trouble to cut 200+ keys and carry them around.

I was also debating this. That's why I only send it over PM's for now. But I don't really care how everyone else shares it. ;)
Last edited by Kezo on Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:24 am

The closer I look at these locktech videos the more it looks like this cheap skybasic microscope on amazon, I am gonna buy a mirror key for kwikset, buy the microscope that appears to have the same functionality same software as the locktech for wireless viewing , and 3d print a new nose on it to hold the mirror key for a fraction of the cost. I just placed an order for both. will mock up a design in fusion 360 when it arrives

The other option would be to use these great cheap wireless 1080p otoscopes they sell that are 3.5mm as well with led on tip. But since this device looks like the same product I am gonna give this one a try
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

malfunctionjunction

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:19 am

Good eye spotting that camera!

Do you need the light on the key blade? I think that replacement key is for the optical scope that has the light source in the scope, vs. the Locktech camera that has the light source inside of the lock by placing it on the key blade.

https://shop.accureader.com/LT-Kwikset- ... Y-only.htm
4x the cost and still need to power it.

This is super intriguing though, definitely keep us updated, I might actually go this route if it works out, it sounds like it would be just as good/solid as the real deal.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:57 pm

The keys will both do the job I was gonna evaluate the current LEDs and see if they are removable or just wire a new one to on of the exsisting spots, will know more when usps delivers the products to me to evaluate , but I like little projects like this, the locktech looks like they maybe hired this place to make or something the lights the software etc is all the same as this cheap microscope. the switches etc, The remainder of the product can all be mocked up in fusion360 and printed on the PRUSA 3D printer in an abs or PETG I am confident I cna make this work just the same and if not Ill have fun in the process for sure, gonna wait on cutting 200 something keys I think until I finish this project

malfunctionjunction wrote:Good eye spotting that camera!

Do you need the light on the key blade? I think that replacement key is for the optical scope that has the light source in the scope, vs. the Locktech camera that has the light source inside of the lock by placing it on the key blade.

https://shop.accureader.com/LT-Kwikset- ... Y-only.htm
4x the cost and still need to power it.

This is super intriguing though, definitely keep us updated, I might actually go this route if it works out, it sounds like it would be just as good/solid as the real deal.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:33 pm

Supplies came so I have a weekend project
Need to find a small led to place inside I’ll desoilder the led ring add my own led so no glares etc looks good so far looks just like lock tech product
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:31 am

Did a quick mock up hopefully it prints ok havent used printer in about 6 months time, ordered led to add to internal tomorrow. In This mock up rather than use bolts or screws I am trying to use press fit 3d printed pegs not sure if it will work or not, if doesnt then I will slice it and have it clamp together via bolts but doesnt really have to be that strong
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:37 am

Homemade Lock Tech Smartkey tool- 3d printed

Fits first time printing just awaiting a charge and LED arrives today
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:48 pm

Looks ok till i stick in lock then can’t see anything gonna have to wait for led which is now delayed till tomorrow
Next

Return to Bypassing