FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Anti- Bump???

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Anti- Bump???

I found this link in a post originatted by Jaakko Fagerlund, seems in the UK there is a company that lays claim to coming up with a solution to squirt into locks that will make the lock bump proof, I have no idea how this would work without gumming up the lock, I bet these people are making millions of dollars, anybody in the U.K. know of the credibility of this company or it's product? I just thought I would pass this on because the art of bump proofing locks has been an interest of mine for a while now.

http://www.pickbuster.co.uk
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

barbarian

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Re: Anti- Bump???

The stuff must be gummy.

I bet it would grab dirt and crud.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:51 pm

that's exactly what I was thinking, there is no way that it wouldn't gum up a lock, I would bet that people are going to start replacing locks or tearing them down after this stuff finds it's way around to peoples homes. People are just so scared of there houses being bumped into that I think this will be a hot item until it starts screwing locks up. We will just have to wait and see.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:14 pm

you guys have to look at this site, they attack locksport saying that we teach people how to bump locks, they even site LP101 as a place to view to back up there story. Total crap.
<<

GutterClown

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:22 am

Yeah I've seen this stuff. It's not so bad, basically just fills the pin chambers with liquid.

Flushing the lock out with electrical contact cleaner (isopropyl alcohol) should eliminate the barrier of security this offers.

I'm not sure about the consistency or long-term reliability, but if it does fail, it gives more lockies more business, so more fool the morons for using it rather than getting advice from a trained professional.

They all end up paying one way or another.

Also, it must be noted that this won't work outside europe, or in padlocks.
Euro locks are mounted upside down, with the pins at 6'oclock and the back of the key at 12'olock.

Silly euro's.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:27 pm

well it makes a little more sense now, you say it fills up the pin chambers, It might work around here 9 out of 10 people have there kwiksets mounted upside down!!
Last edited by the lockpickkid on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:14 pm

Anyone else notice the bumping animation has each whole pin stack bumping down into the book instead of just the driver pins. :roll:
<<

Pederson

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:29 pm

Your right it has to be a jip it may work for a wile or it will fail and give you a false sence of security when it does nothing. Also, nice eye tooly I didn't notice it because I didnt watch that animation. If it really worked why would their animations be wrong??
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:48 pm

Pederson wrote:Also, nice eye tooly I didn't notice it because I didnt watch that animation. If it really worked why would their animations be wrong??

I think I must have seen this site before in a thread hyperlink at LP101. If they are trashing 101, then that seems logical. The stuff seems a little expensive for what I would assume is some kind of grease. The grammar on that page is also pretty bad. Someone should tell these jerks a pin tumbler lock doesn't use a barrel key.

Ex:
"Unfortunately Bump keys; Hammers and even training aids are available for a very small outlay."

"It is possible to purchase bump keys from many sites as well as learning how to make the keys. Most countries have a pin tumbler lock of some shape and these are all bumpable. Garage locks. Bullet locks (shutters) Front doors Backdoors some Padlocks, Rim latches (Night latches). Conservatories even some sheds."

Even our conservatories are at risk?! It's more serious than I thought... better buy the 5 lock pack :lol:
<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:57 pm

the animation is totally inaccurate. it shows the top and bottom pins going over the sheer line, that doesn't happen when bumping. In fact the only time i believe that happens at all is when u use comb picks. and i wouldn't put this stuff in a master lock much less my lock on my front door. even if this stuff stops bumping which I doubt it actually does. I won't stop someone from picking the lock or throwing a rock threw the window. all in all a waste of money.
<<

GutterClown

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Come on people, the animation is wrong for a reason.

If they show an accurate representation of bumping and how it works, they would be ridiculed for basically teaching their audience how to bump.

Also, the key moves vertically in the profile, which you know is impossible.
This is just a basic mock-up of how it works, to show an audience who will never need to know how bumping really works.

The product isn't useless. Try filling your lock with a fine oil, like sewing machine oil, and bumping it. The product works as advertised.
It's a barrier that is overcome with the right knowledge, but so is every other security barrier lock manufactures have given you.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:00 pm

Yes, it's not intended to be accurate. It's just supposed to be scary enough so you'll buy the stuff. I don't know why they mentioned the minimal movement method. Seems like an unnecessary detail, but who cares since you can get a billion google hits for bump key. It's just fun to pick apart.

One more... :ugeek: The so called information portraid in the animation is woefully inaccurate as the bump key used in said animation is not in fact a bump key at all. :lol:

the lockpickkid wrote:well it makes a little more sense now, you say it fills up the pin chambers, It might work around here 9 out of 10 people have there kwiksets mounted upside down!!

The snap on kwikset caps probably wouldn't hold thin oil. A domestic version of this product is in the new line of master lock door hardware that has their bump stop technology employed. It can be mounted upright. Looks like white lithium grease. There might be a bump stop pin in there too, but I haven't even gone to the trouble of dropping drivers to check.

-Tooly

Return to Lock Bumping