FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

"The Ultimate Lock"

<<

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:32 pm

"The Ultimate Lock"

Something i came accross ealier.

"You may be under the impression that your house is secure with the front and back doors locked, but think again. Lock bumping can make a mockery of your standard pin and tumbler locks.
Most locks in a residential neighborhood can be quickly and easily bypassed without a noise by using a bump key. And pin and tumbler locks simply have no defense against this type of attack. Our locking system is so old and out-of-date. It was originated during the civil war.
Bump keys were originally discovered during the 1970's by a small circle of locksmiths in Denmark. It was only a matter of time before the practice of lock bumping would reach America and other countries with the introduction of the internet.
There is a resolution to protect yourself and your family against lock bumping. The bump proof locks are now available. All you need to do is replace your old pin tumbler locks with new high security locks. Lock bumping keys pose a real danger to the security of most front door locks. Making a bump key is child's play and they can be manufactured very quickly. In just a few seconds, the lock is turned and the safety and security of your premises has been compromised for thieves and intruders. A bump proof lock does not need to be an expensive purchase since any local locksmith can turn a regular lock into a bump proof lock for a small fee. To stop bump key violations and lock picking tools you should try a new device that is on the market.
There are bump keys that will open all locks. A bump key is like a normal key filed down to the very lowest level in all channels. Such a key will open any pin tumbler lock in a few seconds thus allowing the burglar entrance into your home. Remember than security and cost are not synonymous terms. Indeed, the cheap lock is quite often more secure to a tooled key than its high dollar cousin.
The reason for this is that such devices cost more precisely because they are both sturdier and more finely tooled. If your main concern is bump key prevention, you are better off with the cheap lock.
Particularly if reinforced with preventative measures, a tooled key will probably just break in the lock. This then results in the home becoming completely inaccessible until a visit from a locksmith."

That's one of the worst explanations of a bump key i've ever heard.

That's basically telling people to panic their ass off.

There are bump keys that will open all locks. A bump key is like a normal key filed down to the very lowest level in all channels. Such a key will open any pin tumbler lock in a few seconds thus allowing the burglar entrance into your home.

I don't think so.

Lew
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:54 pm

Re: "The Ultimate Lock"

lol what a crock!
run out and panic everyone!
nice example lew....knowledge is power =)
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:13 pm

awol70 wrote:lol what a crock!
run out and panic everyone!
nice example lew....knowledge is power =)

.....but it's on YouTube :o

Everything on YouTube is absolutely true...nobody would lie...and if they did, well it was something minor and most likely done with good intentions...

You know...fake...but accurate.
<<

happykill

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:26 pm

Im a 28 yr old guy and I do believe I giggled out loud after watching that :?
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:19 pm

OMG! PANIC!
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:22 pm

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mrgreen: :geek:
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:30 am

Hey guy's,

Did anyone else notice that the door's that were being kicked in the clip's were all open fronted with windows close to the door's, and the one's fitted with the ultimate lock were either in an enclosed hall or had no windows and some sort of additional security features like roller doors on garages and heavier security screen doors fitted?, oh, and the comment about the slain kid's, why not top the clip off by putting the fear of god in everybody. Not nice at all.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=OvmUapsyfE8
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

Rytanfan93

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:32 pm

HIGH SECURITY 6-PIN ANTI-BUMP KEY LOCK
Most standard locks only offer 4-pin bump protection. Be protected from lock picking attempts with six high security pins that make picking the ULTIMATE LOCK virtually impossible. (HAHA)
"Release the hounds"
<<

m0ose

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:25 am

I can still just go through the window...

I guess though having proof of a forced entry is enough to have insurance cover most of your losses, but still, either way you lose your stuff. My view is having a good lock will help keep the smarter ones out, but no lock will keep the crackheads out.
<<

morrowind107

Familiar Face

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:11 am

hahahaha!
All hail the hypnotoad!
<<

GutterClown

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:30 am

This isn't anything new. Standard PR.

Being in the security world, you get your eyes opened to so many things that make it all seem pointless.

The main reason to have deadbolts fitted in australia is proof of entry. If you just ring an insurance company and say "I got my stuff stolen, but there's no signs of entry" they'll deny your claim.
In most cases, they require 'deadlocks' fitted so your furniture can't be just picked up and moved out.

I can understand the sales guys, they're just highlighting real aspects of residential security, like anyone who's making a dollar out of it would.

These things just keep paranoid people feeling secure. Little old ladies that remember the good old days when people respected eachother and no one had any problems and all was good in the world.
The news shows break ins every night (what, one or two? out of how many million homes? the lottery has better odds than that)

Heck I don't even lock my house up. If someone wants to get it, they either have the knowledge to bypass any security I install, or they'll force they're way in. The problem goes back to what I did to piss them off enough that they want to bust in, not what measures of security I install.

I make a living off people's paranoia, I've got no problems with that. But everyone exploits some flaw in the human persona, why shouldn't I.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:09 am

This is hilarious. Some guy is posting replies on lockpicking related videos on YT about how people can't break into this. You can't exactly install it after you leave the house, so it's only effective while you're still inside. A burglar isn't gonna walk up your driveway and start kicking your door in, where do people even get this idea from? If someone knows you're away, and they want in, they're gonna go round the back where they have some cover and break a window. So, the ultimate lock is zero use when you're away from the house because:

a) There are numerous other points of entry which draw far less attention, and
b) It can't be fitted after you leave the house anyway so even if they were of the door busting persuasion... well, you get the idea.

It is good in some respects, after all if you pick/bump the lock or slip the latch then the ultimate lock prevents the door from actually opening. Of course if your burglar prefers surreptitious entry, why do you need something which can withstand a battering ram? An extra bolt on the door would be more than enough, and costs very little. If your burglar is heavy handed, they're gonna break a window long before they try kicking your door down.

These things are expensive as hell, almost $250 each... if you live in the kind of area where people do go around kicking doors open randomly, chances are you're not gonna be able to afford one of these. Not to mention if you could, they'd just get pissed off and break the window instead. Of course if they did that you could escape quickly through the front d... whoops. At any rate, I can definately see drug dealers buying these. I remember watching one of those cop shows a long time ago where they were doing a drug raid, and it took them ages to bust the door down... this was long before the ultimate lock though, I believe it was called "a big metal bar". The ultimate lock offers more than twice the protection of this high tech device, so I'm sure they'd be happy to pay for it.

The quote which makes the whole video: "Today, security is very important for the security of our families." :lol:

With marketing like this, how could they go wrong? The YT comments are just as good. "Just yesterday a mexican restaurant down the road from where i live almost got broken into, but they told me they had this lock and nothing was taken. haha! i was shocked that this lock could be so strong! the door had significant damage, the door had marks all over it but the lock was perfectly intact. truly an amazing product. i'm going to order 5 of these right now. :)"

I'm laughing my ass off right now. How the hell does the manager get in every morning? This is PR at its very worst, I can't believe people actually buy this crap. The barrier isn't able to be removed from the outside, therefore it can't be fitted from there either... if this were possible, then it could be bypassed by someone other than the rightful owner just as easily. As you can probably see, it's not much of a security measure in my eyes... personally, I'd be more concerned about someone trying to break in while I was away, and the ultimate lock does nothing for me if I'm not in the house.

If someone breaks in while I'm sleeping, that's a different story. But then of course the alarm is gonna go nuts and wake me up. After all, if they're the door busting type, I don't need to worry about them bypassing my alarm beforehand. And if that doesn't scare them off, the sound of a shotgun being racked will sure as hell do the trick. Ultimate lock, mossberg... hmm. I know which I prefer. :mrgreen:
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:13 am

WOW, I ordered two of them!! Nobody can kick a hole in a cheap ass doublewide trailer with 6 inch hollow walls!! Let alone the cheap ass hollow doors, what a superior product!!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:42 pm

I've seen something similar to that before that went from the inside door knob to the floor. I agree that if someone wants in they are going to get in. For example, a pharmacy in my town got robbed the other day (for the 3rd time) and they cut through the wall to get in. I dont think they should be showing the police not being able to get through the front door with that ram device though. (ordering one now LOL) That could cause safety issues with the officers.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:02 pm

This one is even better. Quote "The following video presents pop-a-lock's top 1% of pickers in the nation to try and get into the lock through lock picking methods."

http://www.youtube.com/user/millenniumlock?feature=pyv&ad=3864065441&kw=ultimate%20lock&gclid=CJmxg5zUrp0CFSANDQodRBlXig#p/u/0/JH87oD_zkhk
Last edited by KokomoLock on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Next

Return to Lock Bumping