FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Does pickbuster work to stop Key Bumping?

<<

pickmonger2

Post Mon May 11, 2020 6:24 pm

Does pickbuster work to stop Key Bumping?

Does Picbuster work.?

It's a liquid that is squeezed into the lock and when it dries it makes the pins tacky.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:25 pm

Re: Does pickbuster work to stop Key Bumping?

Sounds like a fantastic way to screw up your lock and have to replace it.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

madsamurai

Post Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:41 pm

I've put these Ilco Bump Halt pins in a few locks and they seem to do a really good job with bump and rake resistance. There's two sizes, so make sure you get the right ones for the lock you're modifying.

I agree with Gordon, anything sticky on the pins is going to end badly...
<<

Even-flo

Post Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:32 pm

madsamurai Help! I need to open the same safe you wrote about. Stack On mechanical 3 wheel. How do you know which wheel your working with and how do you park on a certain wheel? This one has been kicking my ass since Dec. 26 2021. Everyday I've been trying to use your formula but just not smart enough to put 2&2 together to make 4. Please help!
<<

Visitor

Post Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:34 am

At least for a time, when Barry and co ran around thinking they had invented bumping and were spreading it like wildfire, some locks sold with claims of bump resistance just had pickbuster or similar applied. As you can imagine it didn't do the locks much good, certainly any I fitted wore out or just jammed up in less than 6 months with all the dust etc that accumulated inside.The biggest joke being pretty much anything you could spray into the lock actually washed the stuff away household sink or oven cleaners being a good example.
That said, I've never been to a burglary where the criminal has bumped their way in, back when it was the flavor of the month I did a few attempted break ins where the hammering had woke the owner or where they had tried but hadn't got in but left the key (often snapped in the lock) or serious marks on the lock.
Bumping really isn't a real concern, at least amongst my catchment area, it's too much effort compared to just breaking things or rushing someone already in or just unlocking the door after coming home. All they want is car keys these days.

Return to Lock Bumping