FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

"The Ultimate Lock"

<<

UltimateOwnage

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:52 am

Re: "The Ultimate Lock"

If you invited them in, it wouldn't be a home invasion. You're looking at this the wrong way; you clearly have no understanding of how a criminal thinks (which is why the majority of security companies fail to see weaknesses in their products before they hit the market). They're actually more likely to knock the door than they are to start kicking at it... after all you could be sitting in your bedroom with a loaded gun at arms length, and by the time they find you, you'll be lying in wait for them to walk in front of the door!

No, get real. Your first reaction is going to be: What the hell was that? By that time they are already in your house and on your family. Play hero and everybody dies.

Now the rest of your comment is true to par, a chain? I'm going to have to think that one over, it could work. But securing it to the 'frame of the house...and to the door to withstand a similar amount of force...

I like where you are going with this. I'll put it on the table and see what I can have come up
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:53 am

"Compared to all the other locks out there, what rate would our lock stand for?"

Well, it really is just another lock, compared to a Medeco, or a Primus, well your lock rates a 5 out of 10.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

UltimateOwnage

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:17 am

Ouch. And the punishment won't stop.

A rating of a five from you Cowboy is actually high, I'd think honestly. Its better than a four and higher than a one so I can't complain.

Thanks.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:24 am

This lock could get a better rating honestly, your company should really consider doing some more research, it would pay off in the end. You guys really need to look at some of the little flaws for the bypass, there is really no reason that this could't be one of the greatest locks. I know your pitching the product, it's your job to be a salesman, but this forum has tore it all apart, I hope you walk away from this with the information that we have given you and put it to use on improving the product. Seems as though your still calling it a great lock, still trying to say that a burglar or such can't gain entry. Come back after the upgrades and let us check it out then, as it is now, you have a good concept and the start of a great lock, but I don't think your there yet. Also, your irritating, Kokomo lock, is not "Komo" as you say it, and don't refer to me as "the cowboy guy" Thanks.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

UltimateOwnage

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 am

I have Cowboy, and the trick that Komo showed, its purposely created like this for the sole reason that when emergency agencies needs to gain entry, they can.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:58 am

UltimateOwnage wrote:I have Cowboy, and the trick that Komo showed, its purposely created like this for the sole reason that when emergency agencies needs to gain entry, they can.

What did I say about the name thing? Suddenly the term "Don't feed the trolls" is becoming more and more clear to me.

(Wanker)
<<

UltimateOwnage

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:17 am

but...you are a cowboy....I mean look at your avitar. You called me the Sham Wow guy...I didn't go off and hump my mommies leg or anything.

My your delicate.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:19 am

UltimateOwnage wrote:Now the rest of your comment is true to par, a chain? I'm going to have to think that one over, it could work. But securing it to the 'frame of the house...and to the door to withstand a similar amount of force...

I like where you are going with this. I'll put it on the table and see what I can have come up

That's what I'm talking about, same idea as the good old fashioned chain but with the strength really needed. The strength of your lock delivers, so you can definately do this.
<<

UltimateOwnage

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:32 am

Solomon wrote:
UltimateOwnage wrote:Now the rest of your comment is true to par, a chain? I'm going to have to think that one over, it could work. But securing it to the 'frame of the house...and to the door to withstand a similar amount of force...

That's what I'm talking about, same idea as the good old fashioned chain but with the strength really needed. The strength of your lock delivers, so you can definately do this.

Waiting the for the designer and engineer to go over some specs on the idea
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:36 am

UltimateOwnage wrote:Waiting the for the designer and engineer to go over some specs on the idea

Cool. Doesn't have to be complicated; I'm not sure what they're called but these are far stronger than the chains... something along those lines with the offset screws for added strength would be sufficient, I'd say.

Any of you other guys have thoughts on this?
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:02 pm

Solomon wrote:
UltimateOwnage wrote:Waiting the for the designer and engineer to go over some specs on the idea

Cool. Doesn't have to be complicated; I'm not sure what they're called but these are far stronger than the chains... something along those lines with the offset screws for added strength would be sufficient, I'd say.

Any of you other guys have thoughts on this?

Yes Solomon, if they could incorporate this onto the lock, providing that on the locks side it was permanently attached and the door frame part was very secured very very well, I think that this would be a great feature, it would allow the door to be cracked to communicate with whoever is knocking at the door, but would keep a rush style attack down to a minimum. The chain style would work as well but the design that you show is the more modern heavy duty design that would be the best I think.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:37 pm

The residential lock has a 2 ton rating, but it's not a UL stamp, BHMA certified, and I can't find an ANSI rating for it either. Just says it was endorsed by law enforcement and government officials. Who decided it was a 4000lb lock. You?
<<

GutterClown

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:52 pm

UltimateOwnage wrote:Minus the whole "drill" episode the Ultimate Lock is the best lock out there. No other lock utilizes the frame and door like ours does. No other product can claim to be kick resistant and bump proof ( drill a hole is NOT bumping) like our lock.

Wrong or right?

Every night-latch in the world with an internal locking snib is Bump-proof and pick-proof in the same regard as your lock.

I do not know of any off-the-shelf locks that have strike designed like yours with the off-set screws, but the Lockwood 001 Deadlatchs that I fit have three 3 inch screws, which can be offset when installing.
I've seen these kicked in, and it's the door or the frame that gives away before the lock or strike.
<<

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:58 pm

GutterClown wrote:and it's the door or the frame that gives away before the lock or strike.

My thoughts entirely. i mean you could make the ultimate of ultimate lock constructed of indestructable material X but if you havn't got the damn door and fame then what the hell is the point. i mean in the UK probably 70% of doors are PVC and i'm telling you it would not take much to put one through, your foot would probably go through the middle of the door anyway. but if you smashed it bang on the fitting i'm pretty sure the frame would go.

I do not doubt for one second this lock is as strong as bull seeman but if you aint got the door you aint got a product.

Like having a fireguard made out of chocolate.

Lew
<<

UltimateOwnage

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:39 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:The residential lock has a 2 ton rating, but it's not a UL stamp, BHMA certified, and I can't find an ANSI rating for it either. Just says it was endorsed by law enforcement and government officials. Who decided it was a 4000lb lock. You?

I would have to pull that information out. But when the patent was going through, one of our investors ran it there test that register the force applied before it gave.

We felt that showing officers "banging" on the door with 40, 50 and 70 lbs rams was good enough in showing that our locks can withstand 'any' over the top pressure.

Good question, I should advertise that.

I do not know of any off-the-shelf locks that have strike designed like yours with the off-set screws, but the Lockwood 001 Deadlatchs that I fit have three 3 inch screws, which can be offset when installing.

I like that statement, thank you.

Ya'll should send me your info and location so when I have install orders I can send referrals...if you'd like.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Bumping