FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

"The Ultimate Lock"

<<

UltimateOwnage

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: "The Ultimate Lock"

the lockpickkid wrote:Striking similarities, is this the same guy??

Lord, please forgive me, I apologize....GIT-Er-DONe!!!

I was a radio personality for 107.5 The Eagle, thats me at a remote live on air...the other guy is Sham Wow. and please..no autographs.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:54 pm

UltimateOwnage wrote:Okay....you have us here, but I have to ask. If the criminal is first aware of where to drill.

Meaning that you are going to break into the house. Do you think they would of known to drill here? I'm afraid not.

The average guy wouldn't know where to drill, but all it takes is for someone to get their hands on one and have a quick look. "Alright, so I need to push this button out, but it's on the other side of the door... hmm, a drill should do the trick". Not hard to figure out, but yes, you do still have a point.

It is also true what you say about picking, but the lock isn't in any way bump resistant. Spool pins don't do anything in that respect, and like I said earlier, your lock has a very common key profile which bump keys are readily available for (and have been for a long time). This is simple to fix, either get a restricted key profile to make obtaining bump keys more difficult, or better yet, incorporate anti-bump drivers.

As it stands, the lock doesn't need to be picked. All someone needs to do is bump it clockwise and drill the button out... and because bump keys are so easy to use, there is no need for a plug spinner. Just relock it and bump again counter clockwise, and the lock is open.

If you made it bump proof in the true sense, and decently pick resistant (regardless of being deadbolted or not), aswell as incorporating a hardplate to prevent the drill bypass kokomo demonstrated... you would have one HELL of a lock. As for forced entry, I have no problems with it whatsoever other than the whole "guy knocks door and barges in when you open it a little" thing. If you had something good and strong to prevent this type of entry aswell, you'll easily have the safest residential deadbolt on the market. :mrgreen:
<<

GutterClown

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:04 am

UltimateOwnage wrote:Okay....you have us here, but I have to ask. If the criminal is first aware of where to drill.

Meaning that you are going to break into the house. Do you think they would of known to drill here? I'm afraid not.

I hate to reiterate this point again, so some others have already, but here goes.

You claim "when criminals see the Ultimate Lock, they'll move on to someone else"
Here you are claiming that criminals have a knowledge of your locks, and fear encountering one.
Yet, you also show a complete installation video of your lock, in which myself and KokomoLock have both, independently of eachother, devised the exact same method to bypass your security.

the "criminals" you speak of are using youtube. They are using it to learn the bumpkey methods your locks were designed to combat.
Kick-ins are a problem, yes. And your lock does a very, very good job of stopping this. I commend you on creating a commercially available product that has some of the same features that locksmiths would have to personally do to each and every door uniquely (ie: off-set long screws)

But the main objection that I personally, and this community, have with Ultimate Lock are the claims of pick-proof and bump-proof, and do not highlight the fact that the security is in the deadlocking feature, not the key cylinder.
Your lock provides no extra security over any other nightlatch or deadbolt on the market, when the occupant is not home.

Yes, I agree with you that 99.9% of criminal activities in the residential environment do not involve lock manipulation. But your videos suggest Medeco or BiLock level security from a manipulation perspective, which is not the case.
<<

UltimateOwnage

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:35 am

Is Drilling part of bumping/picking a lock? If the feature is engaged then the claim is true. When we state that it keeps vagrants out, it does. When you are home and have the feature engaged, the door CANNOT be open UNLESS you power drill (apparently) your way in.

Now, you are inside and you hear a "power drill" through your door:

A. stand there with a cup of tea ready to invite the assailant in
B. gather your family, plug in a DVD and tell them you love them because we all about to die
C. Dial 911 and tell them that there is about to be a dead dude in your door step could they come pick up the body.

Again, I have to stand on the premises that the element of surprise, in which ALL home invasions occur is stripped away. Giving you control of the situation rather than being a victim.

I know if I hear a drill going in my door, I'm not about to finish watching the Texas get smashed on by Arizona on the one yard line (can you believe that crap?)

I'm going to get my family to safety, call 911 and then shoot the dumb ass for drilling a whole in my door. Those doors are expensive...so I'll wait til he actually enters (state law) then shoot...plus it won't be another hole in my door.

Did I mention also that I'm humble by what you all have shown me. And also how pissed I am about the Texans? Any ways, remove the drilling part aside, how does our lock stand with the rest?

You mention that the six pen is nice, but nothing special. Okay granted. But the anti bump feature, when engaged ( criminals/home invaders do not have drills) How dose the product rate?
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:49 am

You mention that the six pen is nice, but nothing special. Okay granted. But the anti bump feature, when engaged ( criminals/home invaders do not have drills) How dose the product rate?

I think the product rates well. As stated, people are not picking locks to gain entry, smash and grab is what they know. After playing with your deadbolt, I think it would be very difficult to kick in the door regardless of the deadlock feature. Most deadbolts you buy at the chain stores come with a 1/2 inch or so strike plate screw. Yours comes with 3.5 inch screws, a drill bit, and a stike plate that is idiot proof with the 30 degree angles molded into the strike plate. My problem was the pop a lock video, people see that and think that is the top 1% of the lock pickers in the nation and it can't be picked. I would add more security pins and some sort of anti-drill plate for the deadlock button. As it stands for an anti home invasion device it is great.
<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:20 am

Most standard locks only offer 4-pin bump protection. With six high security pins, it makes picking the Ultimate Lock virtually impossible.

The Ultimate Lock has 6-pin tumblers, and three of the six tumbler sets are bump-pin arrangements. That is what makes it so difficult to pick or bump the Ultimate Lock.

That is from the Ultimate lock site. Correct me if I am wrong but every deadbolt I have seen has 5-pins and not 4 as stated on the site. If the lock is so pick resistant to be "virtually impossible" then why the misleading information? Also you state 6 HIGH SECURITY PINS. Why does the video only show 3?

I still don't see what makes your lock any better in terms of manipulation resistance then any other med security cylinder. I have more security pins in my American 5200.
<<

UltimateOwnage

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:29 am

KokomoLock wrote:

I think the product rates well. As stated, people are not picking locks to gain entry, smash and grab is what they know. After playing with your deadbolt, I think it would be very difficult to kick in the door regardless of the deadlock feature. Most deadbolts you buy at the chain stores come with a 1/2 inch or so strike plate screw. Yours comes with 3.5 inch screws, a drill bit, and a stike plate that is idiot proof with the 30 degree angles molded into the strike plate. My problem was the pop a lock video, people see that and think that is the top 1% of the lock pickers in the nation and it can't be picked. I would add more security pins and some sort of anti-drill plate for the deadlock button. As it stands for an anti home invasion device it is great.

Because of you, in which I'd like to talk further we will be discussing on how to meet these requirements. (holding head down tail between the legs)

call me at my office today at 713.266.1400 ask for Alex
<<

UltimateOwnage

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:50 am

Just got out of a meeting, apparently what you have figured out is how Law Enforcement get in in case of an emergency.

I'm going to have to ask you to make the video private.

Please call me ASAP. It was engineer this way. (just learning this)
<<

UltimateOwnage

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:58 am

Capt. Ron Daniels inventor and creator as a professional to another wants to personally thank you for you show of respect.

You guys are awesome.

(he has a steel drill plate on his-he was aware of this- it was or is intel only known to locksmiths and police.)

Good job guys.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:32 pm

:lol: You walked right into the middle of our conversation on how to do this bypass, and threw out a public challenge. GutterClown warned you about it, you hit him with ad hype, did it anyway. Then you tried to pitch us using that pop-a-lock video we were laughing at! :lol:

If this was previous knowledge, then someone should have told you before they set you loose with the authority to go around double dareing people to throw everything they have at it to show proof of it's vulnerabilities.
<<

UltimateOwnage

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:44 pm

Agreed. Komo is talking to our creator and inventor of the Lock. Its suppose to be secret. He is a police officer and I do market and sales. :twisted:
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Tooly, it's embarassing! He had to come back and say that it was something they already knew, and knowbody told him about it, otherwise, what's he to say, yes our lock isn't as good as we said it was, we put a lot of hype into nothing?? I don't think he realized that when we set out to defeat something, we do it, also, I don't think he really thought KokomoLock would actually film it, he was quick to threat, but now he has to back peddle.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:53 pm

Ok. That's enough piling on.

The guy admits it was a fuck-up, he got publicly spanked and humiliated for it. Now, let's help him by giving some helpful advice in fixing the fatal flaws.

Also, I'd like to say that I'm proud of you guys. You walked it like you talked it. You took on a challenge and proved yourselves by overcoming that challenge.

Kokomolock, let me say that you are a great asset to this site and I appreciate your contribution to the knowledge pool.

Very well done.
(woohoo)
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:00 pm

The 6 pin cylinder really needs serrated spools and serrated drivers, all 6 posititions. Also as mentioned before, a restricted key profile would be a lot better security, helps keep bump key use to a very minimum. Also the locks need to be shrouded against the drill bit bypass, steel plating with carbide or ball bearings to prevent drilling.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Kokomo lock, you're my hero :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Bumping