FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

"The Ultimate Lock"

<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: "The Ultimate Lock"

Another point to look at is the main bolt mortised in the door. To drill for the deadlock button you have to drill through the bolt, maybe a hardened pin or bearing in there would do it ?????
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:11 pm

KokomoLock has a good point. Put a steel ball bearing inside that part of the bolt where the drill point is. It would take forever and a day to drill through it, nobody would succeed in doing it, they would give up. If this was put into place, this lock would be much much better, also the discussion of putting a high security cylinder in it, is a good idea, but nobody has said anything about the issue of cost, you go to putting a high security cylinder in something, you have just raised the cost of the product considerably. But as UltimateOwnage has hit on, can you really put a price on your families safety?? I would fork out as much money as possible if I had to worry about my families safety, as it is, we live out in the country and we don't have to worry about these issues as much as somebody living in a city.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:17 pm

I think 99 is a much better price. I payed about that for the pushbutton lock on my door(because my wife loses keys). I hate it cause anyone with the combo can get in.... so I added 3 more locks so she would be safe at night(one of her friends broke in at night to suprise her once... they wont do it twice lol)

But agin... i dont have anything wroth stealing lol so its all good... I am more concerned about when she is home.

I would pay 99 for it if I could put whatever cylinder I want in it. I believe it was mentioned before that you could.
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:33 am

UltimateOwnage wrote:you know. Not at one point have I not been professional, respectful along accepted that yes, you all have shown that not only our my locks penetrable, but damn near anything is.

You say you haven't been unprofessional - but from the beginning, you came on to this forum and proceeded to try and recruit members into being commissioned sales flaks for your company. You showed me and the rest of the members a total lack of respect - bordering on contempt.

What did you think, you'd come in here, talk bullshit and look down your nose at the rednecks and lock geeks and impress us with your witty banter? Wave the promise of a few bills in our faces and we would climb on for the ride?

Although that may be your SOP when cruising for male hookers, that won't work on this forum.

I was going to let you slide - but once you start making queer remarks about members, well you've pissed me off. This fixation you have with gay cowboys must be something you picked up from your alcoholic uncle and his "special" late night pony rides he gave you every Friday night.

For a guy that holds a microphone like he's swallowing a big black cock, you shouldn't be throwing stones, ok, dickhead?

As far as doing some "serious digging" to look up your resume, WTF are you talking about? It's called "Googlestalking" dimwit. Just type in someone's name and bingo. Shit pops up. Happens all the time. Shit, you're the 4th & 5th entry down. http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=alex+maddox

As far as meeting you for a beer - no thanks, I'll pass on the offer. You can cruise someone else.

Instead of being a member in good standing - with a pool of locksmiths, lockpickers and hobbyists ready, willing and able to share their combined decades-worth of technical expertise to help you create a product that would be respected in the home security market - you come in here, with a chip on your shoulder, talking smack and pissing in everyone's cheerios.

Brilliant sales strategy Mr. Global Marketing/Sales Manager! Be sure and push those talking points to the sales slime at your next staff meeting.

Be sure and tell them how you singlehandedly managed to turn a golden opportunity to market your product and instead - turned your brand name into a fucking joke.

When internet lock geeks dressed in their flannel pajamas and cowboy hats start ripping the shit out of your "Ultimate" product on fucking YouTube - you'll be the "Ultimate" alright...the "Ultimate" fucking joke.

Have a nice day!
:)
<<

GutterClown

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:06 am

I'm siding with HallisChalmers here.

Smiley, you have a unique method of chatting with people, which I personally find quite enjoyable to watch. It's neither funny nor offensive, just interesting to see the things you say. No offense intended.

But some people can't take that, which is what we have here. You are not yourself here on this forum, you are the sole representative of a company, I expect you to act like one.
Suggesting visits for beers and hunting may go well in person, but not via text-based messages. Attitude and emphasis is not conveyed into printed word.

But then I do have to flip the coin and see the comments that thelockpickkid has posted in replies to "the sales guy, pitching his product". He's doing his job, he's not a locksmith or an engineer.
Some of the comments made towards you have been off the wall, but none of them have been overtly insulting or offensive without provocation.
You've repeatedly slammed Pop-A-Lock and insulted the personality of UltimateOwnage, even referencing him to the ShamWOW guy.

I do not take sides in this manner, but before you start throwing stones claiming 'unprofessional', examine your own glass house.
<<

UltimateOwnage

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:45 am

I appreciate that, thank you. And you are right, focus is sales. Now as for as recruiting, it was made clear that the participants on this site are NOT allowed to endorse rather offer opinions to the best of their capabilities.

The offer stands to anyone that would want to retail. Being a fairly new company, any branded is acceptable.

There is nothing stopping any of your clients going to HL Flake and purchasing the lock at $125 and then reselling at ($179 plus the cost of install)

The reason I pointed this out is that several Locksmiths are doing that. I just offered the same.

The lock does sell. It can resist being kicked in. With the night lock out feature engaged it does deter bad guys from using the traditional method of bumping and picking a lock.

I'm a little confused on the "ball bearing" concept. How would that mount?
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:19 am

Several lock companies have ball bearings in the drill points to prevent the drill attacks, there are ways to manufacture locking bolts where you could put the ball bearing into the inside of the bolt itself, it might have to be done during the MFG process.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

GutterClown

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:14 pm

UltimateOwnage wrote:I'm a little confused on the "ball bearing" concept. How would that mount?

Please see this
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:30 pm

keeping it short and sweet

when the drill bit goes into the ball bearing, the bearing spins with the bit. Now the drill bit cannot go deeper into the ball bearing... or deeper into whatever it is cutting into.
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

UltimateOwnage

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:44 pm

GutterClown wrote:
UltimateOwnage wrote:I'm a little confused on the "ball bearing" concept. How would that mount?

Please see this

nice
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:00 pm

Ultimate Lock Picked Version 2.0

Video edited to remove all traces of the drill point.

<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:20 pm

GutterClown wrote:I'm siding with HallisChalmers here.

Smiley, you have a unique method of chatting with people, which I personally find quite enjoyable to watch. It's neither funny nor offensive, just interesting to see the things you say. No offense intended.

But some people can't take that, which is what we have here. You are not yourself here on this forum, you are the sole representative of a company, I expect you to act like one.
Suggesting visits for beers and hunting may go well in person, but not via text-based messages. Attitude and emphasis is not conveyed into printed word.

But then I do have to flip the coin and see the comments that thelockpickkid has posted in replies to "the sales guy, pitching his product". He's doing his job, he's not a locksmith or an engineer.
Some of the comments made towards you have been off the wall, but none of them have been overtly insulting or offensive without provocation.
You've repeatedly slammed Pop-A-Lock and insulted the personality of UltimateOwnage, even referencing him to the ShamWOW guy.

I do not take sides in this manner, but before you start throwing stones claiming 'unprofessional', examine your own glass house.

Gutterclown, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you but you are the last person that should be calling another member rude. You have been very rude to me several times since I've joined the site. Even comparing me to, "a child that uses a tool wrong and hurts themselves". You have been rude and insulting to me on more than one occasion. LIke I said, I'm not picking a fight with you. I'm just bringing it to your attention. As far as I'm concerned we should all be friends here. There is no reason to try and insult another member on purpose. I would have rather you say, "Riff thats just a stupid question", rather than some of the things that you posted in replies to some of my admittedly noob questions.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Ok, that's it.

This is enough.

Because of this idiot "UltimateOwnage aka Smiley", we now find ourselves pointing fingers at one another, eating our own.

I'm not going to let this progress any further and infect this site with a bunch of bickering and backbiting amongst ourselves.

Effective immediately, Ultimate Ownage is banned - permanently. I'll be damned if I lift one finger to help this guy out - or associate myself in anyway with his product or company.

By the same token, I'm not going to let KeyPicking's members be Ultimate Lock's unpaid research and development stooges. In the professional business world, if you have a product and someone points out a flaw in said product, you stomp on your ego, perk up your ears and listen. Listen hard. And then be damn grateful someone is taking the time to point out a legitimate shortcoming in your product and is trying to help you.

I went so far as to put up a poll to let you guys decide this guy's fate. That was a HUGE mistake. I instantly opened up a can of worms that has escalated into sniping warfare amongst ourselves. Ok, I was wrong, and I fucked up.

And I'm going to fix it.

I want this site to be a learning ground for new guys getting into locksport. A site where experienced guys go out of their way to help the new guys. If we joke around and kid ourselves - that's cool. I don't want us to be a bunch of pretentious assholes.

Unfortunately, we have some folks here that never seem to extend a welcoming hand to others. Instead, they are content to point out other people's flaws and preach professionalism - when in fact they come across as just the opposite. We all know who those people are.

I've banned one guy and I have no reservations about banning others. It just gets easier and easier.

I'm not going to accept any further negativity and sniping from anyone. I don't have to. I pay the bills - so I make the rules.

This is my house - so wipe your feet before you come in.

And let's move on.

'nuff said.

Previous

Return to Lock Bumping