FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Shave of the day/night

<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:08 am

Re: Shave of the day/night

Thanks for the dates info. I'll clean them and look better for it. Will post pictures of the bottom so everyone can see them.

I have a brush but I usually apply the cream with my fingers, and massage it a few seconds until it turns white again. Will use it for my first shave with the old razor though.

Cheers :)
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:46 pm

Things are getting awfully thick around here :gosplit:

And Josephus.... You said that you'd become "somewhat obsessive over this new hobby"

As I scrolled down I thought "holy shit! I guess so!" At first I thought that photo was from
inside your home!? Ha!!!! THEN I realized it was Maggard's storefront. Good laugh though.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Tue May 10, 2016 4:03 pm

I remembered to take a shave pic today (post shave) I was using astra platinum blades and as always had a great shave :hbg:

(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 10, 2016 5:54 pm

I think I'd have to start with a weed wacker.

me.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue May 10, 2016 9:59 pm

WestCoastPicks wrote:I think I'd have to start with a weed wacker.

me.jpg

Pfft, nah. A straight razor would cut through that better than a weedwacker. Heck, I have a 1930s double edge razor that would cut through that easily enough.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 10, 2016 10:07 pm

Riyame wrote:

me.jpg

Pfft, nah. A straight razor would cut through that better than a weedwacker. Heck, I have a 1930s double edge razor that would cut through that easily enough.

I'm sure it would lol.

My problem is I have real sensative skin, If I shave, I break out in a rash. Then I get ingrown hairs like mad. So I don't shave.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue May 10, 2016 10:13 pm

WestCoastPicks wrote:
Riyame wrote:

me.jpg

I'm sure it would lol.

My problem is I have real sensative skin, If I shave, I break out in a rash. Then I get ingrown hairs like mad. So I don't shave.

Anarchy_won had pretty much the same problem I think.

<<

Anarchy_won

Post Wed May 11, 2016 10:33 am

WestCoastPicks wrote:
Riyame wrote:

me.jpg

I'm sure it would lol.

I am in the same boat, even with a DE razor and carefully selected soaps I can only shave 2 times a week.
but with a cartridge I could only shave once a week and I always had BAD ingrown hairs.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

nine4t4

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 11, 2016 11:54 am

Riyame, I have the exact same set-up in my bathroom!!! My GF shaves her legs the same way you do!!!

REAL dumb MEN USE A STRAIGHT RAZOR!!!!

Serious now! The soap, cup and brush is a nice way to put the world on hold for a while. It's very zen. There is nothing other than shaving and you get to be totally in the momment.

I went down that road a few years ago to the point of actually using a straight razor on my own face. While you can use a straight razor on your own face, it's extremely tricky when the hand and the head are connected to the same body. I'm a knife guy so it was more about preparing a razor than actually being a daily routine. The zen like peace I attained while sharpening the razor was completely undone when I used it. The safety razor and soap gave way to convenience. Now, I don't even use foam, just water and a disposable.

This could be the way to get rid of those hipsters beards. They'll start shaving off the beards just to be condescending to those that are under the thumb of the disposable razor cartels!!! Something new to pontificate!!!
JOB: (n.) a series of tasks that aren't enjoyable, but are done in return for money. see Prostitution
A LIVING: (n.) A means of enjoying ones existence that also provides financial compensation. see Freedom
<<

Riyame

Post Wed May 11, 2016 2:59 pm

LOL ^

Hipster you say? Lets get them started! ~gets some stuff out, takes a picture, adds a filter~

Previous

Return to That was a close shave