FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lock pick Vendor that deals with Dealers?

<<

FireSpeed

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:46 pm

Lock pick Vendor that deals with Dealers?

Another weird question that I was not sure where to put in the board :)

I am a local Enabler (Because yes, you always need that upgrade) of firearms and misc supplies to local LEO/MIL/Civ. And have had requests for small carry kits of useful tools, I wanted to get a few and see how they sold but finding vendors to work with is definitely difficult. I hope it's not too much to ask for any leads you guys can provide.

TIA!
<<

Random

Familiar Face

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:00 pm

Re: Lock pick Vendor that deals with Dealers?

I would advise you to first contact our site supporting dealers at the top of the screen and see if the have dealer pricing. And welcome to the forum
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:59 am

Failing Randoms suggestion I think Southern Specialties might the people to get hold of. If it's for first responders they seem to be a company that would be keen in supporting them and you may be able to swing a good deal if you approach them in the right way for the right reasons.

Curious but have you considered offering courses for NDE not that most bother with that as an axe, boots or battering rams seem to be the preferred method. I suppose there may be situations where a less destructive method is desirable.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

norwoodgolf

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:30 am

SerePick might be a good option.

http://www.serepick.com/products/index.html
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:12 pm

Just about ANY manufacturer will do dealer sales. The differences are in how big of a dealer discount they offer, and how big of a minimum order will you have to place in order to qualify for that discount. Many will also have recurring annual minimums you'll have to maintain (usually lower than the initial order) in order to KEEP dealer pricing. If you fail to maintain the annual minimum you may have to re-buy at the higher initial minimum all over again in order to get set up as a dealer all over again.

It's just a matter of researching the contact info and contact person at each pick manufacturer and calling them to find out those details.

The better manufacturers won't compete directly with their dealers by undercutting you with low clearance or holiday sales on a regular basis that offer your dealer discount to the general public on a temporary basis. Leaving you stuck with inventory you can't move for a while unless you sell it below your own cost. Some manufacturers will do that to you.
<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:46 am

So I looked into this a few months ago and the problem I ran into is most of them wanted a minimum order of $500-1000 which I am not ready to invest that much in with my current business as I do mostly outdoor supplies and knives. I found a lot of cheaper stuff on some wholesale sites and I deal those, I mean no name cheap as they get 5-10 dollar sets, but that is what my customers are wanting to pay.
http://www.youtube.com/wolfspring

What you call intelligence, I call common sense.
<<

Random

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:42 am

WolfSpring wrote:So I looked into this a few months ago and the problem I ran into is most of them wanted a minimum order of $500-1000 which I am not ready to invest that much in with my current business as I do mostly outdoor supplies and knives. I found a lot of cheaper stuff on some wholesale sites and I deal those, I mean no name cheap as they get 5-10 dollar sets, but that is what my customers are wanting to pay.

Its tough to sell some one a $45 kit when the've ever picked a lock before. My first kit was $10
<<

FireSpeed

Post Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:54 am

WolfSpring wrote:So I looked into this a few months ago and the problem I ran into is most of them wanted a minimum order of $500-1000 which I am not ready to invest that much in with my current business as I do mostly outdoor supplies and knives. I found a lot of cheaper stuff on some wholesale sites and I deal those, I mean no name cheap as they get 5-10 dollar sets, but that is what my customers are wanting to pay.

This was exactly my worries. Some places are open to having "smaller dealers" and others fear it like the devil and yet they still sell direct to customers doing onsie twosies.

I'm going to contact the places everyone suggested and see if they would be willing to work out some sort of small discount so I can profit and give them a continued revenue stream.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:08 pm

FireSpeed wrote:This was exactly my worries. Some places are open to having "smaller dealers" and others fear it like the devil and yet they still sell direct to customers doing onsie twosies.

I'm going to contact the places everyone suggested and see if they would be willing to work out some sort of small discount so I can profit and give them a continued revenue stream.

Yep, doesn't hurt to ask. That's how I got started with carrying different lines of picks, just making a lot of phone calls until I found a couple of manufacturers who would deal with me directly, with favorable terms. Also found one wholesale middle-man that let me pick up a couple other brands as well. The margins weren't as good through the wholesaler, but it let me deal in much smaller quantities and still add more variety.

Probably the easiest manufacturer I ever worked with directly was Southern Specialties. As I understand it, the owner Richard has turned over the day to day operations to his daughter now, since the last time I placed an order. I haven't worked with her directly yet but I've heard she takes after her dad in that regard, everything still going smoothly.
<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:12 am

Random wrote:

Its tough to sell some one a $45 kit when they've ever picked a lock before. My first kit was $10

I sell a lot of $2 credit card pick sets, they are straight crap but they sell and i can use it to pick a lock right in front of a customer, I tell them they need to be sanded a little and they are flimsy but in the right hands they will work in a pinch. I get them for $2 and sell them for 5. If you go here:

http://www.wholesalecentral.com/

you can search lock pick and find cheap china mart crap, it's a start, they suck, but they will sell as said no one wants to pay $45 for a decent set when they are starting. Even I bought the cheapest possible Southord 5 piece set with book at the time was $12 and I picked everything with that set up to medeco biaxials. Now I only pick as necessity as I've taken on way to many hobbies and responsibilities.
http://www.youtube.com/wolfspring

What you call intelligence, I call common sense.

Return to The Hangout