FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My Humble Collection

<<

youluckyfox

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:46 pm

My Humble Collection

Here's what I've got. I originally bought the Monteverde--Invincia Stealth (all black) to help improve my handwriting and aid me in notetaking with shorthand. Naturally having heavy hands, it helped me to learn how to write with my whole arm rather than just moving my fingers. This eventually helped me in welding, as it is important to be able to weld more than 3 inches at a time. I grew to enjoy using black ink for certain portions of my shorthand and blue or red for others, so I bought a second Invincia. It is decent for writing, I just have to wipe the nib before capping it or it gets ink all over the section. Anyway, I'll be getting another some time from now, hopefully with a better flow and a much finer point (even with VVF I am not quite satisfied with Moneverde.) Also, I haven't used them for awhile and they need a thorough cleaning. I love this sub-forum, hope it will get attention! Tutorials, reviews, or guides on how to pick out and appraise pens would be well received on my part. Any recommendations on ink, bytheway? I've been favoring Noodlers, so far.

<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: My Humble Collection

Just did this so you have an idea of how fine the Pilot Vanishing Point can get! It is really smooth for how fine it is! $150 is a pretty good price for the 18k nib too! Also, it has a little push button mechanism that makes it great for every day use! No need to unscrew a cap and then find a place to put it.

Oh and it is supposed to say "Monteverde" but I forgot the line through the T.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

youluckyfox

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:03 am

NICE! :cool:
Does the Vanishing Point get scratchy? As in, does the nib have a good capillary flow that keeps it from scratching on the paper at such a fine point? As I said in chat, I'm definitely liking the Vanishing Point!
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:23 am

Mine is just wet enough to never have a problem with skipping but is also dry enough to not feather all over the place on bad paper. It is pretty much right in the middle, which is perfect. I actually went to a pen shop to go get it though as I really wanted to write with it first! When a pen is that fine and is above $100 I really want to go test it out before buying it. It is hard not to buy everything in the shop though... The place I went had a Visconti Homo Sapiens for $450... I was so close to buying it but had to really stop myself!
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Cool pens YLF :)

I had a Pilot MR, and I had very very good experience. I can vouch for the Pilots I've tried so far. I prefer wet writers but the Pilot was quite right for me as well.

As I found the wetness of the pen greatly depends on the Ink used as well. For one I love the colour of Rohrer scabiosa, but somehow the writing experience throws me off. All the strongly acidic inks are problematic for me.
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning

Return to The Inkwell