FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

L0ckcr4ck3r's Cutaways

<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 am

Re: L0ckcr4ck3r's Cutaways

Seems nobody has asked this, but how do you deal with the occasional burrs inside the body of the padlock?

And I might suggest asking some place to wire EDM those key tags, just add your own texts to it as needed :)
<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:43 pm

I try and avoid burs as much as i can, I'll rough the pockets on the padlock body first, then cut the chamfer which leaves a clean cut through the chrome plating and then run the finishing pass on the side walls. any burs that maybe there are removed with 1200 Grit on the end of a tooth pick.

For the Cores and cylinder housing, i use a brand new micro end mill for every lock.. they are only 5 bucks each but i count it as a consumable... If i try and use it on a second core, you start to get burs. The Chromium is so hard, it puts nicks in the carbide after the very first pass... these nicks then appear as tiny lines in the side walls... just budget in the cost of a couple of carbide micro mills for each cutaway. IF you look on the photo of the Left side of the euro housing, you will see a kind of layering mark in the side walls. this is down to the nicks created by the chrome plate in the end mill. You can only do so much, or id be using maybe 5 end mills per lock for a mirror finish!

For sure wire EDM would be the best bet for cutting my logo... hell, even a punch would work. As it stands i mill them using a 0.60mm end mill and a 40,000 RPM air turbine. The rounded edges happen when i polish the dog tags. IF was making more of them id out source the logo work but at these numbers i'll save the money and do it "in house".
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:40 pm

l0ckcr4ck3r wrote:I try and avoid burs as much as i can, I'll rough the pockets on the padlock body first, then cut the chamfer which leaves a clean cut through the chrome plating and then run the finishing pass on the side walls. any burs that maybe there are removed with 1200 Grit on the end of a tooth pick.

For the Cores and cylinder housing, i use a brand new micro end mill for every lock.. they are only 5 bucks each but i count it as a consumable... If i try and use it on a second core, you start to get burs. The Chromium is so hard, it puts nicks in the carbide after the very first pass... these nicks then appear as tiny lines in the side walls... just budget in the cost of a couple of carbide micro mills for each cutaway. IF you look on the photo of the Left side of the euro housing, you will see a kind of layering mark in the side walls. this is down to the nicks created by the chrome plate in the end mill. You can only do so much, or id be using maybe 5 end mills per lock for a mirror finish!

For sure wire EDM would be the best bet for cutting my logo... hell, even a punch would work. As it stands i mill them using a 0.60mm end mill and a 40,000 RPM air turbine. The rounded edges happen when i polish the dog tags. IF was making more of them id out source the logo work but at these numbers i'll save the money and do it "in house".

l0ckcr4ck3r You can send me all the locks with nicks and burs you have i Won"t mind LoL
Even Duct tape can't fix stupid But it can muffle the sound ! ;-)
Jim
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:05 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:his stuff works smoothly and beautifully, and nothing falls out. Have a fair number of his cutaways.

Gordon

Totally second that. I've never seen a cutaway better. Beautiful things.

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:19 pm

Well, the MTL in this thread is now safely in my collection. The workmanship is everything you would expect from a L0ckcr4ck3r cutaway. It may seem impossible, but this lock is even better in person than in the pictures. The attention to detail, not to mention the artistry in the layout of the cuts, is outstanding.

Excuse me - I gotta go get some tissues. :mrgreen:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:35 am

Nice. I'm hoping to get mine as fast as yours Gordon :padlock2:
Jim
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:41 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:Well, the MTL in this thread is now safely in my collection. The workmanship is everything you would expect from a L0ckcr4ck3r cutaway. It may seem impossible, but this lock is even better in person than in the pictures. The attention to detail, not to mention the artistry in the layout of the cuts, is outstanding.

Excuse me - I gotta go get some tissues. :mrgreen:

Gordon

LOL, you lucky SOB.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Deadlock

Post Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:52 am

Recently saw L0ckcr4ck3r mentioned in a vid that has nothing to do with locks at all! :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ngNtK9tKME

For those that might find this sort of thing boring, (heheh...) you won't have to wait too long. First mention is at 1:13.
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:30 pm

Deadlock wrote:Recently saw L0ckcr4ck3r mentioned in a vid that has nothing to do with locks at all! :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ngNtK9tKME

For those that might find this sort of thing boring, (heheh...) you won't have to wait too long. First mention is at 1:13.

L0ckcr4ck3r He's famous all over the net lol
Jim
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:07 pm

l0ckcr4ck3r wrote:Been thinking how to cut this one for about a year... finished it today!

Please PM if you would like one of these.. I'm gunna run a small batch in 2 or 3 weeks time. Have to crowd fund it though, these padlocks cost too much for me to bankroll!

Mul-T-Lock G55 Protector with MT5+ core...

Start by cutting outer pin stacks and adding a tiny alignment slot on the back, keeps all the windows lined up but still lets the stacks move up and down....

next cuts, core and housing...

Padlock Body....

Reassemble the core and housing, 0.8mm x 3.2mm dowel pins added to stop outer pin stacks rotating... about 1/4 the size of an inner key pin!!!

Job Done!!!
Rear window shows the padlock mech and 10 main pin stacks

Front window shows how the 5 sliders and the "Alpha Pin" work...

Can't wait to get it. :sfic:
Jim
<<

g_kinz

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:06 am

that thing is a work of ART. its BEAUTIFUL!!!!
<<

HT4

Post Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:49 pm

WOW!!! Those MT5 pins are incredible. Awesome work!
Check out my "LockPickingLawyer" YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ/videos
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:49 am

Thanks bro got it today great job!
Jim
<<

ratlock

Familiar Face

Post Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:44 pm

A big fan of L0ckcr4ck3r's work. Here is another great example of his work, I was lucky enough to have engineered by him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:26 pm

ratlock wrote:A big fan of L0ckcr4ck3r's work. Here is another great example of his work, I was lucky enough to have engineered by him.

:shock: Ok, that is nice! Another thing to add to the list lol.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
PreviousNext

Return to Cut-aways