FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Uncuff cuff links / hand cuff key

<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:14 am

Re: Uncuff cuff links / hand cuff key

Ya just tighten them till the hands turn blue and they can't manipulate them. :hammering:
<<

verz

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:17 pm

MBI wrote:Now, the tool I keep seeing for sale that I find kind of useless is the handcuff shim. Most of the ones I've run across are so thick they won't function well until you reshape the tip a little bit, and even then, they will not work on double locked cuffs. So unless you've been cuffed by a lazy Dominatrix, an untrained security guard or someone else equally useless, then yes, your cuffs will be double locked, behind your back. And your shim won't be good for much.

This is what I always think.

The only reason I could see using a shim is if a improvised key broke off in the lock making it unusable and they were not double locked while they were on a person you could shim them, I guess? What a scenario.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm

As I read your post, it all came rushing back into my brain. Of course you don't need the peg to get OUT.... DERF!

MBI wrote:
elbowmacaroni wrote:However, I do see one not so small problem with them. They don't have a peg for double locking cuffs, which since it seems that most cuffs in use these days are double locking and anyone with any sense is going to double lock them, they are kind of pointless other than being a novelty.

Cool nonetheless.

-Elbow :akimbo:

I'm not so sure it's a major disadvantage not having the double locking peg on the cufflinks. Most people who apply handcuffs will usually have a proper key, if not a giant oversized key/pen to make it easier when applying the double lock.

Since these cufflinks were made for someone to covertly slip OUT of the handcuffs, the double locking peg isn't necessary. To unlock double locked cuffs, you only have to insert the regular key tip, turn it one way to undo the double lock, then turn it the other way to release the pawl and unlock the shackle.

I suppose there could be less common brands of cuffs that require that peg to undo the double lock, but off the top of my head I can't recall ever running across a pair in the field that worked that way.

Now, the tool I keep seeing for sale that I find kind of useless is the handcuff shim. Most of the ones I've run across are so thick they won't function well until you reshape the tip a little bit, and even then, they will not work on double locked cuffs. So unless you've been cuffed by a lazy Dominatrix, an untrained security guard or someone else equally useless, then yes, your cuffs will be double locked, behind your back. And your shim won't be good for much.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
Previous

Return to UK Lockpickers