FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Uncuff cuff links / hand cuff key

<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:58 pm

Uncuff cuff links / hand cuff key

SPARROWS UNCUFF LINK

PRE-ORDER: SHIPPING EARLY DECEMBER

This SPARROWS designed pair of cuff links has a little secret. A hand cuff key has been built into the design. This concealed hand cuff key will to open almost all Standard Hand cuffs. It’s also designed to hold you French Cuffs closed. A must have for any international SPY or the average citizen looking for some styling carbon fiber inlaid cuff links that happen to open Hand cuffs.

*WARNING: The use of this product under some circumstances may result in you being shot.*

Don’t Break the LAW

PRE-ORDER PRICE £38 - REGULAR £44
THIS ITEM IS PATENT PENDING
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

PickForge

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Uncuff cuff links / hand cuff key

Those look amazing. Might have to order a pair
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Err , if you've been cuffed , how easy would it be to remove a cufflink and use one to open the cuffs ? in the uk i think they use the solid type with no chain or flexability ,
so movement would be hampered surely .
Can't wait for the VIDEO
Open Sez Me !
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Dang, those are pretty cool. Sharp looking too.

Although if you if you wanted them to be truly covert I think having a keyhole and the name of a lockpick company emblazoned on them isn't exactly subtle. ;)

I might still have to order a pair for the collection though, just for their uniqueness.
<<

Alaphablue

The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!
The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:35 pm

Now I have to buy a suit
<<

MixedMotives

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:56 pm

this for the bankers and people that work on wallstreet?
<<

Josh66

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Damn - I would buy that, I guess I'd have to buy some nicer clothes too, lol!

When will they be on the Sparrows site?

Nevermind - I see it.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:00 pm

MBI wrote:
Although if you if you wanted them to be truly covert I think having a keyhole and the name of a lockpick company emblazoned on them isn't exactly subtle. ;)

hahaha =) i don't own a shirt like that...never have..ive never worn a suit either...you guys think this is more of a novelty item?
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:32 pm

awol70 wrote:i don't own a shirt like that...never have..ive never worn a suit either...you guys think this is more of a novelty item?

Yeah but they are a cool novelty item. :smile:

Cuff links are intended for shirts which have buttonholes on both sides of the sleeve but no buttons i.e. French cuff shirts. Most people that wear suits don't wear French cuff shirts but rather business shirts with buttons (at least in the corporates that I have worked for). So I'd say those cuff links are definitely for the polished white-collar criminal, the nabbed embezzling CEO, the corrupt strip mall lawyer (à la Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad) or the penny stock broker that just worked a pump and dump scheme but has been caught and needs to escape and flee to a non-extradition country :smile:
Last edited by piotr on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:55 am

Hey pickforge,
Your gonna need them at the next wedding you go to that turns in an ad hoc hocky match, when the cops come, and as for the rigid link handcuffs behind your back, you actually would need a cooperative co-conspirator and set each other free.
They might also come in handy for your diplomatic career when the cops break up the noisy embassy soiree

I have actually made sterling finger rings with a hidden and very small handcuff key just long enough to enter the keyway and open it, the key is hinged and swings under the top of the ring. That was a long time ago, when I was doing jewelry manufacture.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:27 pm

Now , that i would like to see RAI !
Open Sez Me !
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:33 am

It is refreshing to see some originality, I like em....
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:02 am

I looked at the shomertec site where they have ripoffs of bogota and found a zipper pull that hides a plastic handcuff key. In states that have winter, zipper pulls are common for almost half the year.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:57 pm

piotr wrote:
awol70 wrote:i don't own a shirt like that...never have..ive never worn a suit either...you guys think this is more of a novelty item?

Yeah but they are a cool novelty item. :smile:

Cuff links are intended for shirts which have buttonholes on both sides of the sleeve but no buttons i.e. French cuff shirts. Most people that wear suits don't wear French cuff shirts but rather business shirts with buttons (at least in the corporates that I have worked for). So I'd say those cuff links are definitely for the polished white-collar criminal, the nabbed embezzling CEO, the corrupt strip mall lawyer (à la Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad) or the penny stock broker that just worked a pump and dump scheme but has been caught and needs to escape and flee to a non-extradition country :smile:

You're mostly correct in the assessment of who doesn't wear French cuff shirts... it's really too bad that they've fallen from style as cufflinks can be pretty damn sharp. Then again, it seems that most guys don't even know that their belt should match their shoes anymore, and don't even wear a pocket silk when wearing a sportscoat or suit jacket either! What is wrong with people anymore? It's like the old saying "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have."

That said, those are seriously BACON! However, I do see one not so small problem with them. They don't have a peg for double locking cuffs, which since it seems that most cuffs in use these days are double locking and anyone with any sense is going to double lock them, they are kind of pointless other than being a novelty.

Also, why the hell would there be a pickset called "The Tuxedo" and it NOT come with those? I mean french cuffs are standard fare in a tux ensemble. Just sayin' eh.

Cool nonetheless.

-Elbow :akimbo:
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:11 am

elbowmacaroni wrote:However, I do see one not so small problem with them. They don't have a peg for double locking cuffs, which since it seems that most cuffs in use these days are double locking and anyone with any sense is going to double lock them, they are kind of pointless other than being a novelty.

Cool nonetheless.

-Elbow :akimbo:

I'm not so sure it's a major disadvantage not having the double locking peg on the cufflinks. Most people who apply handcuffs will usually have a proper key, if not a giant oversized key/pen to make it easier when applying the double lock.

Since these cufflinks were made for someone to covertly slip OUT of the handcuffs, the double locking peg isn't necessary. To unlock double locked cuffs, you only have to insert the regular key tip, turn it one way to undo the double lock, then turn it the other way to release the pawl and unlock the shackle.

I suppose there could be less common brands of cuffs that require that peg to undo the double lock, but off the top of my head I can't recall ever running across a pair in the field that worked that way.

Now, the tool I keep seeing for sale that I find kind of useless is the handcuff shim. Most of the ones I've run across are so thick they won't function well until you reshape the tip a little bit, and even then, they will not work on double locked cuffs. So unless you've been cuffed by a lazy Dominatrix, an untrained security guard or someone else equally useless, then yes, your cuffs will be double locked, behind your back. And your shim won't be good for much.
Next

Return to UK Lockpickers