FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Official Secret Santa Christmas Exchange!

<<

jimylongs

Familiar Face

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:43 pm

Re: Official Secret Santa Christmas Exchange!

I received it earlier this week, but after the holiday I finally go to be home to check it out. A nice shiny set of Bogotas and freaking awesome lock with "alien technology" in it. I'm pretty excited because this was the first time seeing a lock like this in real life. It took me over an hour to pick and the false sets were ridiculous but I ended up getting lucky!!!

IMG_5616.JPG

IMG_5618.JPG

By far the deepest false set I've ever dealt with.

IMG_5624.JPG

Picked!!! Super Stoked!!!

IMG_5625.JPG

After gutting it, it was a pretty good bugger to put back together but I got it and then tried the key. It works extremely smooth.

IMG_5627.JPG

Love shiny bogotas!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:08 pm

LocksportSouth wrote:No problem at all! Glad you like it :D. I started seeing people's gift packages turn up on here and am like... shit.... I really didn't get enough stuff T_T But I hoped the Ruko would be a good pick :)

It was a fun pick :) I will fulfil your request for a picking video soon.

Something I was a little confused with was that there was no bar in the bottom of the keyway? The key would suggest that but I dont feel anything when I put my pick in there. I have yet to gut it but im quite sure, you seem to know more than me any good ideas?
A wise man once told me I was a unique person. Just like everyone else. Korver15 Channel
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:31 am

Aw man, some great goodies guys :) I've really enjoyed this whole thing so far!
Sending out a gift, anticipating one for me, and seeing what others have gotten.

Package I sent out is yet to arrive, as is the package I'm waiting for.
But my tree stays up long after Christmas... so no worries there.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:50 pm

Anarchy_won wrote:Just got my Package :D pic's will be posted tonight.

Anticipation is still rising. Idk if I can take it anymore :akimbo:
A wise man once told me I was a unique person. Just like everyone else. Korver15 Channel
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Korver15 wrote:
Anarchy_won wrote:Just got my Package :D pic's will be posted tonight.

Anticipation is still rising. Idk if I can take it anymore :akimbo:

my camera has a dead battery so here is a quick cellphone photo :P

I have not picked any of them yet, but I have gave that S&G about a hour of my time so far.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:12 pm

SCORE! Someone's been a very good boy :yep:
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Anarchy_won wrote: I have not picked any of them yet, but I have gave that S&G about a hour of my time so far.

:D ya I forgot to put any labeling on it. :/ hopefully you will still like it ;)
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:47 pm

Korver15 wrote:
Anarchy_won wrote: I have not picked any of them yet, but I have gave that S&G about a hour of my time so far.

:D ya I forgot to put any labeling on it. :/ hopefully you will still like it ;)

hell yeah :-) all those locks were on my list of locks to get :-D
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:32 am

So, a big box turned up on my doorstep today. Being a frequent recipient of big boxes, I paid little heed and was just about to ravage the sellotape when a little return-lable logo caught my eye... (Classy return lable, btw!):

I recognise that Avatar!
Looks like my Secret Santa has arrived, thanks to the most excellent Oldfast!

As promised, here it is under a tree :D. The Xmas tree is sadly gone, but I did find a tree of some kind!
That's a hella big box :D. Let's take a look!

Inside in the warm and dry. Labels covered for security, but that was some postage mate! Apologies - if there's one load of people getting their Xmas bonus this year, it's the post office, that's for sure!

Free newspaper - score! :D

Ah-hah! I spy a box! What could it be?

Aww! Look at all those bows!...

... And that adorable doodle! It's either Santa, or Oldfast with an Xmas hat on :D
Tis the season indeed! Dayum, I need to take some lessons from this packaging for next year, hehe.

I KNOW WHAT IT IS I KNOW WHAT IT IS OMG OMG

How awesome is that?? As far as I can remember I spoke of being interested in safe dial manipulation only on a different forum aaaages ago so mad props to Oldfast for finding that one! It's very very cool and something I probably wouldn't have gotten around to buying for myself for a while, but something that I really wanted to have a crack at - now I have it, there's no excuse not to start learning!

Sweeeet :drool:

I made the mistake of screwing this in, then had to dismantle the lock block to try and figure out how to remove it, whoops! I may have also gotten distracted spinning the dial around and trying to figure out how the thing actually works :D

Lovely solid display stand - now I just have to figure out how to mount it!

Couldn't resist :mrgreen: . I still don't have much of an idea actually -how- it works from a mechanical standpoint, but I'll learn!

And that's my Christmas taken care of! Thank you, THANK YOU again to Oldfast for this awesome, awesome gift - I really appreciate it mate, and I look forward to many frustrating hours trying to manipulate it in the near future :).
<<

Oldfast

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:51 am

:spinning: So glad it made it safely! Look at that gash along the whole side of the box in your
first photo?! They tried! I had that fucker wrapped up like a damn yoke inside an egg. HA!

And yeah, I'll admit it... the shipping cost blew my mind. I feel really blessed to have some
extra cash to be able to do it though. Sometimes the spirit of X-mas is measured in $'s. lol

LocksportSouth wrote:....when a little return-lable logo caught my eye... (Classy return lable, btw!)...
Vistaprint :D The folks there are very helpful to a computer-illiterate person such as myself.
I even managed to make some Oldfast bumperstickers and some Oldfast coffee mugs. lol
Yes.... I'm full of myself. haha

Looking at your pictures it occurs to me a couple things I forgot to include in the rush to get this in the post!
A CHANGE KEY :slam: I have a handful of em' and meant to throw one in. I also meant to trade out that new
style dial ring bearing for the old type they use to use. Nothing wrong with these newer ones really... what I
don't care for is that it brings the dial out away from the ring a little farther than I would like. However, they
do allow the dial to spin REALLY smooth. So not a huge deal I guess.

Give me a few and I'll send you a vid on the mount/stand.
Not much to it really, but some tips that should help some.

This has been really fun. Merry Christmas my friend!! I cannot even begin to fathom just how many hours
of joy (and frustration) I have received from spinning. It is my release from the world. My 'flow'. May it open
a whole new world of fun for you as well I hope! You may or may not like it. But at least now you can find out.
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:34 pm

Me too! Yeah, they tried, but nothing was getting past your awesome packaging. Great job on that!

It seems every hobby or interest I've been in - Overclocking, Amps/Dacs, Herpetology, Lock collecting - there a vast, VAST number more people in online communities in the US as well as all the 'good stuff'. Thinking I should just move there and save on postage :D.

Vistaprint! Gotta love em. I had a load of business cards, T shirts and stuff made on there once. Really good prices for what you get, IMO :).

Ah haha, no worries, I was thinking to myself "How am I gonna change the combo?" - the area under where the change key goes looks pretty simple, maybe I'll be able to set it by hand, or make one. If not I'll have a look around. I guess ideally I need someone else to change the combo for me so I don't know what it is when picking, heh. Oh and yeah, the dial does spin smoothly on the ring (though it's obviously not fitted yet), feels nice :).

Got the video, but it's set as private :). Your instructions helped a lot though, I'll try and give that a shot in the new few days!

Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to try something new! I look forward to the journey and seeing where it takes me! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours, and thank you again! :)
<<

LockButcher

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:13 pm

Got my box! Love it. A bunch of Master Locks I didn't have in my Master Lock collection. Been wanting a vline and puck for a while! And a great starter Medeco which I needed. And some nice Peterson picks. I've never had a black handle before because I always bought the factory seconds during the sale. Haha!

WP_20160104_002.jpg

WP_20160104_005.jpg

A big thank you to Pmaxey for hooking me up with some awesome locks and another huge thank you to HT4 for not disposing of these in the manner you commonly do and forwarding them out to me!! Haha And last but not least Collin for setting this whole thing up! What an awesome way to move some locks around to folks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:03 am

Apologies go out to macgng who I ended up randomly bumping into the KP chatroom a few days ago; I said I would get these up way earlier. :S

Besides the following two points—

1. holy crap it’s like nearly 3kg of metal…
2. you sent me an Illinois Duo!?!?!?

—I’ll let the pics do the talkin’:

The entire haul… far out! (Yup, ofc I broke the pick gun’s needle almost immediately. Oh, and also ofc our fantastic new Australian Border Force decided to open and rummage through the package.)

A 4-pin Medeco of some kind, probably for a cabinet? This is the only one I’ve been able to pick so far (funnily enough, via raking/raking+final touch with a hook)

A US Mail padlock, with a little plastic-covered cut-out that notes the number of times it’s been opened; currently still stands at 0235.

Another US Mail padlock — lever based? I have no experience picking lever systems, so this’ll be the first lever lock in my collection.

My very first BEST padlock. The IC system via the control key is very cool indeed.

The BEST’s keyway. This is new to me, and has been frustrating me so far. I need deeper hooks at 15 or 18 thousands I think.

o.0 Wow. Way cool. These look like something that’d be used for vending machines? From first glances, it looks like tensioning is going to be the sore point?

Aaaand, this Illinois Duo. I’m gonna have to refer to HT4’s recent video to pick this gorgeous lock.

Keys for the Duo.

All-in-all, I’m frankly still stunned. macgng, I owe you one mate. Thank-you very much. (:
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:24 pm

:D looks like customs didn't take any goodies out for themselves :P ... glad you like it.
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

Oldfast

Post Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:10 pm

Two packages traveled over 4,700 miles from Hungary!

lockpickfan is my Secret Santa!! I was excited when I found out he got my name.
His wide array of slayed locks have always impressed & inspired me... HERE.
And I was hoping to receive some locks that I'm completely unfamiliar with.

And I was not disappointed! I know absolutely nothing about a single one of these... and I love it!!

Thank's SO much for your time in putting these together and getting them to me!! I know shipping
became kind of a pain (due to a mistake on my part). This slew of locks will undoubtedly provide
some new learning and challenges for me. And thanks again to Korver for orchestrating all this.
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements