FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

'Kool' Custom Car Key I Made

<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:25 pm

'Kool' Custom Car Key I Made

It's a little long - I am going to make a smaller one in the coming days.
After forcing an ignition over on an older car I thought of this idea. I'm not the only one though, as there are guides on making these. I copied my car key onto a blank and then basically cut the head off of it. I then used a hacksaw to cut into the center of the screwdriver (that I had already ground down) to make room for the key.
I put it together and then used metal epoxy to strengthen it. It works great - it doesn't get in the way of the shifter and the epoxy isn't visible when it's placed into the ignition. I drive a 2003 P71 Crown Victoria (yes, I'm THAT jerk, driving around in an ex-police car), and I think I'll love using this key.. until some cop ends up standing on my neck after going thru a ride-check with it.
As for the inconvenience of carry this around - I don't. I had an ignition change a while back so my car uses 2 keys. I lock the key in the glove box.
Thanks for lookin'!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Re: 'Kool' Custom Car Key I Made

Haha nice work! I saw a post somewhere on the internet about this a while ago and I've always wanted to try :P
<<

LockManipulator

Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Old thread, but I wanted to post that I just did this too finally! Good to show friends for laughs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:11 pm

Can not see the purpose it this - fixing a key blade to screwdriver and not a good idea posting your car keys - use a bit of common sense
<<

Kezo

Familiar Face

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:29 am

10ringo10 wrote:Can not see the purpose it this - fixing a key blade to screwdriver and not a good idea posting your car keys - use a bit of common sense

12442112?
<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:07 pm

You're right - I should use common sense. In my stupidity I posted a picture of my car key. Living in a city with a population of 525,000 I should know there is likely someone who will track me down. I'm guessing he'll use a hpc blitz to cut the key (he obviously has access to keys and equipment) and put in all this effort for a car worth 500 bucks.

And the point is to make it look like the ignition was forced over. It's a gimmick.

Return to Kool Keys