FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Key Data for Multacc Real Estate Lock Box Keys

<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:45 pm

Re: Key Data for Multacc Real Estate Lock Box Keys

Thank you Gordon I just got one with no key or combo so I'm on the hunt for keys combo LoL
Even Duct tape can't fix stupid But it can muffle the sound ! ;-)
Jim
<<

just1pick+open

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:33 pm

Gordon, thanks for the time and effort ....this is why I love keypicking ... :hbg:
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:25 pm

My new Old Lock will be looking for keys and combo for it lol

Jim
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:33 pm

Still looking for keys.. Just thought this may help others with this lock. United States Patent info on Lock With Photos . If not to be posted please remove and sorry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:11 pm

spuds wrote:United States Patent info on Lock With Photos . If not to be posted please remove and sorry.

As far as I know, patent info is public domain. Thanks for posting.
<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Gordon,
I got several of the locks that were new but without keys. I took a couple apart and they were the same wheel numbers and in the same order so I set out to make a key or two.
I charted each wheel to see what the true wheel numbers would be. I then made a chart of good wheel combos and what the working key cuts would be.
I picked a simple one to start. A key with a straight cut down the center ( a # 4 cut out of 7) would work with a valid wheel combo.
I made one by hand out of aluminum stock because it was easy to work with. I filed and scraped the blank until I had a working key. It was rough but it does work. I then set out to make a more secure key with different cut at every position. Again working in aluminum, I was able to make a key that would work but it too was rough due to the hand work.
I made some brass blanks but found that I can not work them by hand. I need to use a drill press with a X-Y table or some type of milling machine. I have not yet been able to find anything to use. I hope that good machining will produce a better key with smoother cuts.
Thanks for you write ups on these locks. I thing they are very clever. I understand from Realtors that used them that they would gum up and be hard to operate and many sales people carried a can of silicone to lube the locks. I think the cost of the locks and the high maintenance led them to be replaced.
Thanks again.....
Steve
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:45 pm

@ escapenrv Let us know how you make out with this keep us posted please !
Jim
<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:10 am

Need keys

I have 5 or so of these locks, new and never used. I will trade or buy one or more keys for them.
I hand made 2 keys from aluminum. One is a bitting like 33333 and it works in my locks. The other is a varied bitting. I decoded the wheels in my locks to see what were valid key codes and then scraped the groove in an aluminum blank that I made. These were so much work and time needed to make that I did not make anymore or try to make one in brass.
I would like to get a key or two so I can demo the lock to others. I will trade the others if anyone is interested.
Send me an email...that is the fastest way to reach me.
Thanks
Steve Garrett
<<

Vatorfxr

Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:43 am

If anyone else needs keys for these locks drop me a PM.
<<

BFGpicker

Post Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:27 pm

Vatorfxr - joined up so I could reach out to you for some help with my Multacc Lock - I'm fascinated by this lock and would like to decode and create a key and decipher the combinations. Seems like I just need to work thru the hasp combo - there are a few vids on how to do that - it's not as easy for me as it looks for everyone else but I'll stick with it and figure it out. Worst case I can open up the back and see what the wheel true gates are and I'll be fine. I'm excited to decipher the film punches to get a working front combination. BUT - I'm not sure how to derive the bitting on the operator Key? I'll try to PM you again if I can figure that out....doesn't bode well for figuring out the lock if I can figure out the messaging function... :)
<<

prevariikation

Post Fri May 19, 2023 4:10 pm

I've made an OpenSCAD file which can generate MultAcc keys with arbitrary bittings, based on Gordon's bitting data and SgrA*'s prior work. You can generate either solid models or a split model that allows you to glue a strip of metal into the head for reinforcement. If you know the order of the different types of code wheels for your box, you can lookup the combination for a specific bitting (or vice versa) on my site https://prevarikation.com/locks/multacc/#combination-lookup.

I've 3D printed some different bittings and 4 out of the 5 work, so it's worth a shot if you're without a key. Known working bittings include 44444, 17171, 53665.

ImageImage
Previous

Return to Kool Keys