FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Unknown keys

<<

PhoneMan

I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:30 pm

Unknown keys

ok, these aren't anything cool, but I didn't know where else to post this.
I got these 3 keys in a box of random keys someone was going to pitch. They are unusual National wafer lock keys, with no numbers whatsoever.
Any ideas if they are for anything in particular, or just common wafer keys?
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: Unknown keys

Yes, they're for National wafer locks. I'd have to get out my keyrings to be sure but those keys look like the standard bitting and keyway used on their electrical panel locks.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Have similar keys for the lock that came on the garage door when we bought the house. The lock is still there, but disconnected inside when I installed an automatic garage door opener. Not exactly the toughest lock, but my son is upset that I won't let him pick it since it is not used. Don't want him seen picking locks, especially on a garage door out in front of the neighborhood. ;-)

He does not realize his picking ability is far beyond that simple wafer lock. :-D

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:41 am

OOH I think I know what those are for! They look like keys used for the NEC NEAX 2400 PBX cabinets...at least the blank is the same.
Someone had me trying to find that blank for a bike rack or car carrier and I was never able to find it.

Save one for me.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

PhoneMan

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:53 am

Ok, so they are common keys! I'll put one on my keyring for the really common stuff. And Jeff, you'll get one too!
<<

dmasters

Familiar Face

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:10 pm

Precut for electrical panels. Electrical supply houses, [url deleted, it has an exploit that will infect unpatched systems visiting the link], or an IN29 will pass the keyway just need to trim the tip. I've got 50 techs that somehow lose these regularly... Bastards :D
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:47 pm

I am curious if it will fit a Square D breaker panel. I have a couple keys for them, one is an original Yale stamped SR251. The keyway is different and the key is longer though.
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:07 pm

Jeff all the Square D panels I service use a different key than that. I've got keys for Cutler Hammer, Westinghouse,Siemens and Square D, none of them like that. Mark
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Yeah, all of my breaker panel keys are D8786 (OEM) /N1069B (Ilco) / RO13

Return to Kool Keys