FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Key Storage Idea

<<

edsmiley

Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin
Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Key Storage Idea

Hey Guys,

As a side-effect of collecting locks, I have become a collector of keys. I'll buy some lots and they will either come with extra keys or come with locks without keys. In my quest to find a key to match up to a lock, I often get a bunch of them in a lot. So I have been putting the neat ones aside in a box.

So, now I am starting to get enough that I need some way to store them. So I came up with the idea of using the sports card holders for storing the keys in a binder. I have two different types (our family are coupon clippers :smile:), one is 9 pocket and the other is 6 pocket. From what I have found, the 9 pocket ones are good for single keys and the 6 are good for multiple keys because they have deeper pockets.

Here are some pics that I snapped to give you an idea:

9 pocket, 2 pages

photo 1-11.JPG

6 pocket, 1 page

photo 2-11.JPG

Although I don't speak from experience, I think it would be best to store the binder upright and mark it!! I have been using the 1 inch binders because anything bigger can get quite heavy quickly and gets a bit harder to handle.

I have not sorted out a way to organize them yet, I figure I would just go with major brands (Yale, Corbin, etc) and then misc (like ones I will only ever get 1 key).

Thanks!
Ed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: Key Storage Idea

lol nice... makes me wanna dig out my pokemon cards
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:39 am

Re: Key Storage Idea

Pretty cool idea.

I just keep mine on large rings. I'm not very imaginative.

Return to Kool Keys