FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

CyberKey

<<

Logan

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:36 pm

CyberKey

My roommate and rival pack-rat gave me this odd little key the other day. From what I've gathered from a very quick google search the CyberKey is a rechargeable "Cellular" key that holds an encrypted password that tells the lock to open. They can also be set up so it takes multiple keys to open the lock and the lock logs the keys present. Sadly we couldn't find a matching lock anywhere his piles of computer hardware and miscellaneous treasures so I sadly do not have a matching cylinder to play with.
"My only definite plan is that in the future I'm definitely just using this screwdriver for screwing in screws" -The Doctor

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:43 pm

Re: CyberKey

As I recall it's made by Videx. I've read a few articles on them. I believe they have one or two exploits that have been documented.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:59 am

Looks very similar to the Medeco XT

medeco.xt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

vienessewaltzer

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:10 am

Yeah depending on the encryption algorithm they use, they could brute force the key with a microcontroller. That's how I would go at it at least. It would be fun to play around with that, but I'm guessing these are relatively expensive devices to obtain (medeco in particular)?
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:37 am

Never seen one, thanks for the share

:agree: on the medeco look a like key :ugeek:
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:32 pm

vienessewaltzer wrote:Yeah depending on the encryption algorithm they use, they could brute force the key with a microcontroller. That's how I would go at it at least. It would be fun to play around with that, but I'm guessing these are relatively expensive devices to obtain (medeco in particular)?

Medeco Nexgen XTs are usually only bought by large companies because of the price. We have a few at the shop that I have been able to play around with that are pretty cool. Only downside to the locks is that you have to charge the key.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:17 pm

next gen xt .jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

PSS

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:28 am

Theres a guy called Rick thats got a video of a magnetic bump attack on the videx locks.
For a £300 lock you would hope they would have thought of this whej designing...
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:24 am

PSS wrote:Theres a guy called Rick thats got a video of a magnetic bump attack on the videx locks.
For a £300 lock you would hope they would have thought of this whej designing...

I think this is the one you mean:

As an aside, Rick's ("Rick the Pick") blog is cool. Lots of interesting stuff. He blogs about his experiences as a working locksmith.
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:16 am

Thanks for linking to Ricks blog. I read it earlier, but he stopped blogging for months and I forgot all about it.
He has not been on forums lately, but obviously he is still in business...
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:10 am

Ricks blog is a great link, where is he? Im thinking england since the locks are lever and euro? or did I jump back here before looking far enough.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:39 am

rai wrote:Ricks blog is a great link, where is he? Im thinking england since the locks are lever and euro? or did I jump back here before looking far enough.

Somewhere in the UK. The uPVC doors, profile cylinders, currency reference and lever locks suggest that much. Also the local locksmith directory he blogs about has .co.uk domain.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:00 am

Yeah, reading the blog, there are references to staffs police, Im thinking thats british for staffordshire cops
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:38 pm

I think Rick is in Wolverhampton , west midlands UK
Open Sez Me !
<<

rickthepick

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:36 am