FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

COOL KEYS

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: COOL KEYS

Been doing some research on the keys for the Winfield lock. My memory of there being three places for the locking bar is correct, but looking at the drawings more closely, there are only two positions the wafers can be in in order to open the lock. Yes, only two depths for the keys. My apologies for the misdirection.

The wafers in this lock are unsprung, so are more sliders than normal sprung wafers. Of each if the three positions in which the locking bar can bind a wafer, only two are possible in any keyed wafer position. This can be seen in this excerpt from Graham Pulford's book.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:36 am

Re: COOL KEYS

After taking measurements the key depths are correct but gordon you are correct buddy about the 3rd cut present on the key that is not shown on the key software !
so apologies not accepted as you are correct ...the overall size of the blank from side to side is 0.299 the 1st depth cut.
2nd depth cut is correct at 0.237...but no mention of this cut between both zero cuts ...now i ask myself this is this :???: 3rd cut present on all winfield keys and is it needed.
THIRD CUT = C : BETWEEN THE ZERO CUTS PRESENT :soldier:

pic to follow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Previous

Return to Kool Keys