FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Adelle Star Lock Keys

<<

Maliphus Locksport

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:45 am

Adelle Star Lock Keys

Here are some old Scandinavian Star Lock Keys one actually opens the lock in the background i have some old locks and figured i would share these keys :)

<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:55 am

Re: Adelle Star Lock Keys

I think that's the most of that type of key I've seen in one place before.
<<

Maliphus Locksport

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Oh really? Yea i have 2 more also lol all in great shape and funny part is the one star lock open for sure i havent played with the other one very much i dont think i have the matching key for it though. The super thin keys im not sure what they are for. Maybe the skinny keys open the skinnier keyway star lock I just have been so worried about anything inside breaking i havent wanted to really do much until i have the extra time to do it right. (magnifier glass check out inside etc.

I asked and found out i also have a Eagle six pin lock and a couple other really cool old locks ill have to throw in the old locks forums and show off i suppose :)

But that lock on the Left in the photos it works like a champ smooth as a baby's bottom my uncle found it long ago he drove Road Grader and would make roads over railroad tracks and all over and would find lots of stuff and my cousin gave these to me to collect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:18 pm

You can run a feeler gauge down the inside edge of either side of the shackle. Then manipulate the discs one at a time, starting with the deepest one, until the feeler gauge slides further down, showing that that disc is correctly aligned. Move to the next disc outward. wash, rinse, repeat. When you have all the discs lined up, the shackle can be removed.

Now, you can put a thin flat piece of steel (or any other metal) in the keyway, and turn the discs back to 'lock' the lock so the key can fit into the lock.

OK, now you can put a piece of metal the size of the keyway in and impression the lock until you can see the discs have all turned to allow the shackle to pass. Now you have a key.

That is how I made the key for the first Star Scandinavian Jail Lock I ever got. Then I learned to read the bottom of the lock. Much simpler.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Maliphus Locksport

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:01 pm

haha awesome impressioning huh I had not really thought about it much to be honest at least not at this point i also have couple other locks i need to make keys for someday (doubt it will be anytime soon) but i didnt think about it that way thanks for that explanation makes much more sense except for the last part about reading the bottom of the lock and making life easier.... lol

See I believe you helped me Identify some of these locks in Lockpicking 101 or at least helped me know not to mess with the Patina...

This Mamoth Corbin 6 pin is just Epic i mean its almost the size of my hand lol and weighs enough to be used as a weapon and the shackle is just immense and it literally opens insanely smooth i have not picked it i plan on making a youtube video sometime but its my baby :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:29 pm

Here are a couple pics of the one for which I made the key. Still have it!

It was the first of my "Do NOT drop this lock on your foot" collection. :mrgreen:

and the key...

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Robotnik

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:26 am

Maliphus - that massive Corbin is awesome; is it a master ring padlock, or does it use a standard cylinder?
<<

Maliphus Locksport

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:17 am

So Here Is a picture of my Key Bidding and my lock and it unlocked and inside of it... But no Dots....

And this other lock I dont understand why it doesnt have a rod inside sticking out like this other one it has an indent instead O.o ... so instead of a post for the key to slide over it has a small circle indent for the nose to go into instead? maybe newer or different years? different makers because they are hand made? They are different size they have different key sizes and the shackles feel different also when you pull on them too...

But still no Dots

And lastly any ideas what these other keys might be for?

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:25 am

IIRC, those other keys are for Climax padlocks. Will check for sure.

As for the lack of dots, think those Star locks are a fair bit smaller than the one I have. Have not seen one that is flattened on the front and back like yours. Wonder if they are copies, rather than originals. Or perhaps the newer models don't use the dots. Here are the dots on mine...

With the shackle removed and the key turned to the locked position, you can see the discs in place.

Gordon
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:38 am

Yup. Climax padlock.

Gordon
<<

Maliphus Locksport

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:22 pm

Oh ok and i wondered that as well if they were replicas but the area i live in here in washington state has tons of railroad and old jails and a couple little towns and school houses and jails that no longer exist etc so it makes perfect sense he could have found these and he was not a man to buy something like these things but he might have found replicas or later models also ...

mine are 3 1/2 inch and the other one is 4 1/2 inch tall one looks identical to yours and when i depress the shackle it almost feels like its spring loaded on the one i have key for that i can open and it kinda bounces back and the shackle is super snug fit for most part i actually have to pull the shackle out a little when putting it back in to lock the key as well.

The skinnier taller 4.5 inch one is well lets just say a bit loose ;) there is slop both directions when jiggling the shackle and the inside looks slightly different and now that you have linked the picture im thinking the second one is a climax padlock because the keyway has lightning bolt pattern to allow the flat key to turn like in your picture and its way narrow... and inside there is a depression at the end of the keyway/cylinder and looking at the climax key in your picture it looks like its made to go into a depression. not to mention the locks had climax keys on the keyring also (which dont fit into the lock they are too long toothed bidding) its definitely meant for a smaller key that can be put in either direction or dual sided key im guessing.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Your flatter one does not look like a Climax to me. The keyway of a Climax looks like this...

Gordon
<<

Maliphus Locksport

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Hum ill have to get a light and see if i can get some good picks of inside the keyway its partially whats making me think its so much different because from the other ones ive seen its different

Return to Kool Keys