FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

A Kids Book On Locks, But Good Info

Forum rules
DO NOT POST ACTUAL ARTICLES OR OTHER MATERIALS THAT ARE COPYRIGHTED!
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:48 pm

A Kids Book On Locks, But Good Info

Saying this from the start - I have no connection in any way to the authors, publishers, sellers or anyone else related to this book.

This book is from a kit I got my son a year or so ago. Was thumbing through it yesterday, and thought it might be a good thing for beginners to check into just to see how a variety of locks work. No heavy details, just a 30,000 foot view.

The book is entitled "Lock It Up!", by Paul Beck, and is published by SmartLab. It is bundled with the Double-Security Safe Kit.

It is cartoony, only about 24 pages long, and written for children to understand. It lightly covers warded locks, lever locks, pin tumbler locks and combination locks. It also gives a quick history of locks, some light information on the difference between a fire safe and a burglar safe, even information on some of the security features on United States currency.

It even gives a basic overview of picking pin tumbler locks (though they needed an editor who knows that what is listed as "Tension Wrenches" are actually picks).

Not going to post any more pics, since it is copyrighted material. Just enough here to let you know that this book might be a decent gift for kids or adults to get an overview on how locks work.

Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement, but want to give credit to the author and publisher, as well as a way to find it, since I have added pics from inside the book.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:07 pm

Re: A Kids Book On Locks, But Good Info

I read every word that you showed and I didn't even have to use my fingers to follow along. To heck with the copyright reg, post more :razz:
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:34 pm

That's pretty cool. I've never seen anything even remotely like that before for kids. Nice review.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:30 pm

Just ordered it :D thanks! i think my nephew will like it!
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

RJ Robert James

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:38 pm

In the bottom photo it states "tension wrenches" and has arrows pointing to the picks, and also shows what looks like a bypass tool which is referred to as a "feeler tool"

Return to Book & CD/DVD Reviews