FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

"Bug-Out-Bags" who has picks and keys in theirs?

Forum rules
SURVIVE!
<<

gnarus8429

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Re: "Bug-Out-Bags" who has picks and keys in theirs?

Yep always have a simple set in the bag (bogota, hook, diamond). I use street sweeper bristle and don't bend it. Cover them in light oil and seal them up in heat shrink tubing. They pack extremely flat and would be very easy to conceal if need be. I have some special keys too that would come in handy for some unique locations. A cuff key / shims is always good idea and some kevlar cord for easily cutting flex cuffs is nice too. The water key is a damn good idea. I'm going to have to get one of those.
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
-Albert Einstein
<<

easy-e

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:55 pm

gnarus8429 wrote:The water key is a damn good idea. I'm going to have to get one of those.

The homeless people near our work have these keys and fill up their water bottles from the side of our building. Someone thought it would be a brilliant idea to put nice brass locks on the spouts so they just unscrewed the whole thing and took them. The spouts are proprietary and cost about 20 bucks each to replace and I had to order them online. It's not a big deal until you need to hook up a hose and find out you can't. Definitely a good idea to have a key. Almost every commercial building I've worked in has had them.

I know people online don't post about the "special keys" but is there a resource somewhere for info about these?

I always have my backpack on me with basic hand tools (screwdrivers, adjustable wrench, pliers, knives, hatchet, kevlar string, DMT mini knife sharpeners), my laptop, extra cables, pads of paper, black gaffers tape, lockpicks, and a collapsible baton. I love my backpack but I have too much weight in it and it's starting to fall apart already. I'm looking at getting a quality day or 3-day pack with molle webbing on the outside but I don't want to stand out too much. At least military style packs are starting to become more popular.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:43 pm

The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

gnarus8429

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:42 pm

The best packs I have found are maxpedition. I have had mine for a.couple of years now and it has held up to serious abuse.
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
-Albert Einstein
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:50 pm

gnarus8429 wrote:The best packs I have found are maxpedition. I have had mine for a.couple of years now and it has held up to serious abuse.

I 2nd maxpedition. I have the vulture 2. It is virtually indestructible. Superior quality. Extremely well made.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:05 am

I'm late to come to the party, but fixed wing aircraft (I don't know about helicopters) of the small variety are much easier to start with a key but I have started cessna , piper, and zlin aircraft without a key . You just need to know how the systems work. Any bush pilot could do it.
Medium aircraft (small multi engine or larger single engine aircraft) only need key for entry, if you know how to get the plane started you don't need the key.
Large aircraft (jets or turbine powered propellers) will have a means of access without keys and will not need the keys for operation. You'd still need a pilot with experience on the type of plane to get anywhere safely.
Previous

Return to Survival