FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

BOB - Bug-out-Bag

Forum rules
SURVIVE!
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:28 am

Re: BOB - Bug-out-Bag

i agree with what you said for natural disasters and all. I think the original topic was created if in fact a world altering event did take place, worldwide uprising, govt. collapse all that. And while you are right, the vast majority of people, eventually, will be fucked. I'd rather do what I can, fight, try to survive, than just accept that I'm going to die and sit and wait for it.

Granted, I don't have kids that I have to worry about, which I can definitely see your point of view about.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

El Abogado

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:50 am

[quote="HallisChalmers"][color=#BFFF00]So what do you do for communications? Any thought given to that aspect? I wouldn't count on the cellular systems to handle the load.

Consequently, you should have some type of small AM/FM & shortwave receiver to find out what's going on - and a communications plan to stay in touch with family or others in your group.

My BOB has a Yaesu VX-6, which is a multi band FM transmitter and a thousand channel scanner from AM to 1200mhz. Ad a solar charger and you're good to go.
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:42 pm

chriswingate wrote:i agree with what you said for natural disasters and all. I think the original topic was created if in fact a world altering event did take place, worldwide uprising, govt. collapse all that. And while you are right, the vast majority of people, eventually, will be fucked. I'd rather do what I can, fight, try to survive, than just accept that I'm going to die and sit and wait for it.

Granted, I don't have kids that I have to worry about, which I can definitely see your point of view about.

Alrighty, Now it's a bit clearer. I wasn't sure why the topic of a BOB came up and why some items suggested for the bag were not considered worthy of inclusion by some because they weren't tactical enough. Don't get me wrong, i think it's a fantastic idea if you were aware that you might need to skin out in a hurry.

Now this has my juices flowing and the questions just keep coming, But that might be a whole new thread....

i think anyone put in that sort of situation would try and escape to a safer area, kids or not, The only one's that wouldn't leave would be the ones who can't due to illness - old age etc. There wouldn't be to many that would just sit back and take it on the chin.

It's great that you are prepared for such a thing, but i hope that you'll never need to use it mate.
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:09 am

xeo wrote:
sandman wrote:keep all your gun cleanning equipment in a seperat smaller bag, that fits inside your main bag.

keep all your navigation equipment in a seperate smaller bag, that fits insider your main bag.

keep all your first aid equipment in a seperate smaller bag, that fits inside your manin bag.

keep all your ammo, inside a seperate smaller bag, that fits inside your main bag

Right now my bag breaks down into 3 subcompartments, one is food/eatingsupplies, one is ammo/guncleaning, the other is medical. There is also another smaller MOLLE pouch containing a compass and other small shit.

All of my stuff is in seperate bags in my main bag as well. As far as the gun cleaning stuff just get you a can of CLP, a handkerchief, and a boresnake for each caliber. it's easier than carrying all kinds of solvents, lubricants, and rods. All that crap is just more weight and will spill.... Just a suggestion. :)

Speaking of spilling....does anyone know why Hoppes solvent will NOT seal back when you close the bottle (the plastic ones, not the old school glass bottles)...Unless it's a brand new bottle (sealed) or right side up they alway leak, spill....however you wanna say it.........Has anyone else experienced this issue??
<<

geardog32

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:31 am

I didn't read the whole thread but I don't think anyone mentioned a survival manual. I have done first aid/cpr training and been dumped off in the woods before but I often forget things and question things. You can download this manual and bind it and its pretty small and extremely valuable. It also has some suggestions on what should be in a survival kit.

http://doomguide.com/download.html

I think my plan would be somewhere along the lines of grab my bag and get the hell out of the city. Too many people who cant be trusted, to many chemical contaminants, and a finite amount of supplies(try hunting for game on main street)
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:22 am

I was looking over this thread and there are some great ideas here. If you don’t mind my rambling, I’d like to toss in a few ideas of my own. Sorry if I accidentally go over any ground that's already been covered by anyone.

For lockpicks, I think you have the right idea, keep the kit small, but in my opinion, bypass tools are even more useful than picks out in the real world. In addition to the picks I'd pack a couple of pieces of strong steel wire and some plastic or mica latch shims. They hardly weigh anything and take up very little space. Maybe also the small size EOD Pry Bar if you have room.

I think your hammer might be a little bit impractical in this situation, but if it’s something you really want, consider a Stiletto TiBar (12”or 16”). It’s much lighter to carry than a steel hammer, has a hammering face, a pry bar on the end and a mean claw on the back as a weapon or forced entry tool. If the high price tag dissuades you, look at a Stanley FatMax Xtreme FUBAR instead. It’s similar to the TiBar, but steel instead of titanium, and much, much cheaper. I’d prepare it in advance with an angle grinder by chopping off the smaller spike on the back (look at a pic, you’ll see what I mean) and you basically have a small version of a Halligan bar for forced entry. Plus, it’s a mean looking weapon. Unfortunately it’s still heavy like a hammer, but it’s much cooler. The FUBAR is available in 4 or 5 variants depending on what size you want.

Consider that for about the same weight as the hammer, you could pack a good entrenching tool and a camp saw instead. Both would be very handy for building longer-term shelters, traps and water gathering systems. If you get the right kind of shovel, something like a Spetsnaz shovel from Cold Steel, it’ll also be about as good of a weapon as any hammer. Split zombie skulls like a champ!

You have the water purification pills covered, but you might want to pack a few coffee filters, folded up really small and tucked away. They won't filter out biological elements, but if you can't find totally clear water, pre-filtering it before purifying can make it more palatable and boost your morale.
In the event you find a good water source, you'll want some collapsible water containers to take full advantage of it and carry as much with you as is practical. Some of the ones available out there are very compact when empty.
I'd add a metal canteen cup or small camp pot for boiling water and cooking. You can pack stuff inside it so it won’t take up a lot of room in your bag. You don't want to rely on purification tablets exclusively. You'll run out eventually.

If you're going to carry a second handgun that's a different caliber than your primary weapon, I'd suggest a 22lr for the second one, preferably suppressed. You can carry a LOT more ammo that way, and you can hunt and defend yourself without as much unwanted attention.
As suggested by someone else above, take the bare minimum of gun cleaning supplies:
some CLP, a t-shirt (cut it up for patches, or use it as an extra layer of clothing in a pinch), a toothbrush and a Boresnake.

For your knife sharpener, I’d take an Eze-Lap diamond hone. Non clogging, very fast, and can put a very nice edge on things. Available in many sizes.

First aid: add a couple of military surplus trauma bandages.
Pack some Immodium or other Diarrhea medication.Your food/water quality won't be ideal, so diarrhea is a big risk and the subsequent dehydration is a killer in a survival situation.
Remember your Excedrin contains aspirin, a blood thinner. Be aware of that in case of injury.
Some chapstick can make things more comfortable for you as well. It's good for more than just lips, and is available with some SPF.

A lightweight waterproof hooded poncho can make life a lot more comfortable. Something like a US military surplus one. It’ll keep you dry, keep the wind off you and you can use it as a blanket at night. It can also help to camouflage you or your gear in a hurry.

A small signal mirror could be handy. If you want to remain in hiding and don't need it for signaling, it'll give you an unbreakable mirror for personal hygiene.

You mentioned you have some extra room in your backpack. Consider taking a small duffel bag folded up in that space. In the type of scenario you’re talking about, you will be scavenging to survive. If you get lucky and find someplace with a lot of stuff you need, you want to be able to carry as much of it away as you can. It can also be stuffed with grass or something to use as a pillow at night.

Don't rely on just one method of starting fires. In addition to your magnesium starter (I assume yours has a ferrocerium rod for making sparks to ignite the magnesium), also carry a lighter, or perhaps a "Spark-Light" fire starter, which is a little flint striker in a plastic box with some tinder. Make sure you carry at least one of your firestarters on your person in case you’re separated from your bag. You should also learn, AND PRACTICE, an improvised method of starting fires. My favorite is the bow drill method. There are a couple tricks to getting it right and you'll be better off if you've learned those tricks before you are in a tight spot where you need it to survive.

I'd double how much paracord you're carrying and take 100' instead.

Carry several large clear garbage bags. Clear, not black. They have many, many uses from ponchos, shelters, waterproofing your gear, keeping gear and yourself afloat in water, making several different types of solar stills, etc. You can fold them up really small and they take up very little room when you pack them.

And lastly, “The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has a few things to say on the subject of towels.
A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value - you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand-to- hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.
More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with.”

Ok, maybe you don’t want to pack a towel, but an oversized bandana (or keffiyeh, shemagh, etc… pick a name you like) can be very handy.

Here are a couple links where you can get some of the survival gear I mentioned.

http://www.countycomm.com/whatsnew.html

http://bepreparedtosurvive.com/SurvivalProducts.htm
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Fucking murderous response. Thanks MBI =]

I'll be acquiring a signal mirror for sure and a large water cantine to replace my flask.

As far as bypass tools added to my discreet entry kit... no way. I don't care for bypassing, I'd rather pick it open. And if I encounter a super high security lock such that I can't open... I'll resort to destructive entry or even destroying the whole door systematically with my hammer or kukri.

Interesting hammer alternative however I just have to have the hammer... its pretty much final. It's a psychological requirement that I am packing a hammer.

My knife sharpener is actually very compact and extremely useful. It has both carbide and ceramic sharpeners, and a pointed awl-style sharpener for hitting serrations on a knife. I picked it up at Dicks for like $5

Big-ups for plugging HHGTYG =] I've considered a towel, but uhm... maybe a small one.. .maybe.

Coffee filters, excellent idea. I'll be adding those.

As far as using a silenced .22 with low recoil rounds... the plan is to not use the firearm unless absolutely necessary, and at that point, I don't care about how much noise I'm making and I want to kill the target... a .22 isn't guaranteed to kill a man, even emptying a whole clip into them. The higher caliber JHP rounds I'm packing will for sure drop someone in one center of mass shot... and a headshot would be 100% fatal. I've heard of an incident where it was stated that a .22 round bounced off the skull of a man or other animals. Theres no way in hell a higher caliber that can kill elephants and large bears will do that

I've actually done lots more tweaking since my last post here to my bag... its shaping up to be pretty clean and efficient. I'll post an updated list soon.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

cool-arrow

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:43 am

What you need is a BOV, I have given lots of thought to my Bug-Out-Bags. I have one for each situation and my EDC bag. I use to research this stuff for a hobby and buy all kinds of crazy gear. I also did a lot of backpacking all over AZ when I was younger and still do. I mostly do overlanding and expedition trips now and believe BOV is the way to go in AZ for our terrain if you are looking to leave the country or state. The best advice run a real life scenario and see what works and what doesn’t work based on your BOL. See what you actually use and don’t use or what items have more than one use. I wouldn’t rely on batteries unless you had a way to recharge them. For me I have come to the conclusion its BOV or Bug-In

“CROVEL”Instead of a Hammer get this it will probably even replace your lockpicks and Ghurki. Way more uses and less weight over all.
http://news.cnet.com/the-crovel-a-crowb ... 369-1.html

-Water purification most important in AZ since almost all of our water is provided from Colorado. You should probably ditch the tablets and get 2% tincture of iodine same thing as tablets but lasts longer and can be used for cuts. You can also increase the dose of purification based on the water you are drinking and the amount wasting very little resources. Since you are in AZ I would also invest in a MSR filter that works with a Nalgene bottle. The MSR water filter can be used to back flow clean water and clean the filter preventing clogging or you can go with a Lifesaver if you want the best water filtration. A Nalgene water bottle is a must it is nearly indestructible and can be used for measuring out purification doses easily.

http://www.lifesaversystems.com/
http://www.rei.com/product/767564/msr-h ... ter-filter

-Pack I know you like your backpack but I would probably ditch that bag for the amount of gear and weight you are carrying. I have done a lot of backpacking and it will amaze you what a good quality pack will do. You should look into backpacking bags that have a frame. They take advantage of your full bodies carrying capacity allowing for items to be carried above your shoulders and more room for storage. Also get use to carrying the weight most people never exercise their hip flexor unless they are into backpacking. There are so many bags to choose from its mostly about cost when it comes to picking the best I like NorthFace personally.

Gun cleaning, just like in the field you will want to maintain your weapon get a small OTIS gun cleaning kit they are just as good as a full sized kit.
http://www.otisgun.com/pc_product_detai ... AD5A3A8C23

Life Gear Lantern probably the best all in one lantern ever made solar/crank powered weather radio etc. Its small compact and is multi use. It can also charge batteries by crank and solar power.
First Aid keep it simple get an improved IFAK kit it comes with everything you need. Also throw in a tube of super glue for deep cuts and maybe some Israeli bandages.

Fire Arm Your gun choice is your own but I would consider weight and reliability and the round. What will be the most common round available. 9mm is the most common round in the world and used by US military forces and NATO. 40 is very common among LE. Decide what be easier to obtain in the future if you run out. I would also go for a small 22l fold up survival rifle for some small game hunting.

Breathing I would get a 3M filter the N grade medical one that is a ½ mask used by bio teams.

Eye Wear get the Wiley X Brick model they have a removable insert that makes them into sand goggles and they are ANSI rated and shatter resistant. They also look cool like regular sunglasses and come in different lenses. They are very durable and come with everything.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:59 pm

I actually don't live in Arizona. I live in Rhode Island ;)

The bag is final, I want it to look discreet, like I'm just carrying a normal school backpack. I don't want to be a walking merchandise rack.

Thanks for the suggestion on the breathing filter, I'll be grabbing one of those.

Interesting idea with the super glue, never thought of that, I'll be adding that.

Iodine vs water purification tabs, also interesting. Thanks

That Crovel is too big and would provide redundant utility as I will be carrying a kukri knife, a lightweight 20 oz. hammer, a small pocket knife and very strong
pliars.

The guns are final as well.. so is the cleaning kit. Firearms don't require super excessive mirror detail cleaning to fire and be reliable, especially a revolver which has far less components than a semi-auto. You literally just need to swab the barrel and chambers and you're done. I have enough ammo to kill a lot of people or animals and if I used it all, then the overall situation would be far more dangerous than I had in mind. ___LOTS___ of people own revolvers and have .357 magnum rounds... .357 magnum is probably as common if not more common than a 9mm luger round. The plus with the revolver is it fires two types of ammo, .357 magnum and .38 special of which I carry both types. a .38 special round through some small game would sure make a mess, but like I said, I'm not looking to live in the woods. I happen to live right on the ocean so I have a small fishing kit with rigs, hooks, weighted sinkers, and a spool of fishing line. I could easily catch some fish and start a small fire. My food source is basically infinite.

I'll be performing a mix of rural and urban discreet tactical evasion and scavenging. I'm not looking to travel large distances as I live on an island, which would be downright impossible to leave, the only two exits are a bridge which is basically suicide if you attempt it... and running close to the main highways, also very dangerous and you risk detection by armed forces/etc. The plan is to stay local and disappear, I know the area here very well.

So overall.. my bag is custom tailored towards this local area and its resources and terrain. The main goals are stealth, evasion, discretion and keeping a very very very low profile if I had to mingle with other people.. it would appear to them that I'm just another helpless individual carrying a school backpack. There would be no signs as to what I'm truly carrying or what my intention is. That's very key, someone walking around in full tactical camo with a large backpack packed to high hell with shit is going to be the target for a mugging or theft.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

cool-arrow

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:16 pm

xeo wrote:I actually don't live in Arizona. I live in Rhode Island ;)

That changes everything and puts more things into perspective. I think your setup is great especially if you are staying urban. Location plays a big part into what goes into a BOB. I like to look at recent failed countires such as Argentina and Zimbabwe. I imagine things will end up like that first in the US.
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:21 pm

I happen to like all the ideas from most of the posts on this page. I see this topic as a list of great suggestions and ideas rather than "the perfect kit".
It obviously is going to differ from person to person based on individual preferences and of course on location. Being in Minnesota, I will have a different kit from someone that is in California or Florida. Now someone out in Bumfuck, MN will have a different kit from someone in Minneapolis or "Suburbia".

This topic has become a great reference though for someone to put together their own BOB of their own specific needs. Keep the suggestions coming.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:34 pm

I like reading the scenarios that people put together the BOB for, If you have as a model, say beirut in the late seventies, you would need enough stuff to figure out where the people who you can side with are, and how to get there and what approach to meeting them you need, that would be travel a few very dangerous miles, and eat sleep for a day or three, depending more on the battle,political situation than any realistic estimate of how long it would take to travel those few miles unopposed. (some days the shelling is worse than other days, nighttime and religious holidays could also effect the ability to travel, either making it easier or harder.

then there is the longer term scenario, the masters of this one were those japanese soldiers who where left on islands after wwII and survived for decades in the jungles, avoiding the local people. they had it down to the basics, water, seeds, hunting and snaring, fishing, etc.
No spare batteries for the cell phone for these guys.

Bug Out implies that where you are is going to burn down soon, if its an embassy in libya, you may have a secondary place nearby but all the enemy are nearby too. so getting through to that place is going to be difficult at night and impossible in daytime.
Bug Out is travel, from point a to point b through the alligator swamp, you need cell phone to learn conditions you cannot see from friends, papers for checkpoints, small amounts of money, not large amounts, one will get you food the other will get you robbed. you may need some vehicle, a bike or a truck, whatever blends in and gives passage, a private car will be dealt with badly at a checkpoint, while a larger truck associated with some part of the functioning power elite would be the better vehicle. the bike is of course for infiltrating around checkpoints and such. all security lines manned by troops will have gaps at times, such as change of guard, etc. If you can make the local power lines go out, the darkness would help a bit, (darkness also helps those with light enhancing weapons sites, so the time to take advantage of sudden darkness is immediatly before anyones eyes adjust.

Scenarios for this also are affected by density of population, percent of population that is enemy/hostile etc. So of course countryside has one view of the problem, and people in cities have another. In the big one, people in cities will just be dead of course, because cities burn like the forests they are made from, and this creates a firestorm, winds created by the heat bring in more oxygen, and oxygen is not avail able for breathing even in the deep underground areas of the city.

but if its not a nuke, if its the politicians deciding to crash the national currency because they need the attention the idiots from the press will give them for this. then the enemy is your neighbor, fearing that he has more food stored than you and is therefore afraid of a raid, until the day his food runs out and he starts thinking about that problem from the other side.

The real lesson seems to be, do what chechens or syrians would do, associate with a powerful group, but try not to be one of the fighters, work out a way to be with those who benefit from the fighters from behind the lines of conflict.
Survival will ultimatly not be enjoyed by the rugged individual who takes the hard road, alone. It will be enjoyed by those in the protected societies that are evolving to exploit the local political situation and work the emerging economy, the black market in guns will only work for the early years, ultimatly you need to middleman food or even some luxury goods, in the worst of times, there are still people who are interested in luxury goods. few countries are like cambodia where it was universally bad for everyone, most countries will have areas of low threat and easy living. Also in a macho society, the talkers and braggers will rule the relative peace, but when the shit is really in the fan, many of these will be seen to not live up to the boasting. Boasting and ruling are things that are done during relative peace, when its a war day, everyone is on their own and the 'authority' that may be found in the rear has no pull at all
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:38 am

So it has been a while and I think its time to necrobump this thread with some new relevant information. I have been tweaking the contents of my bag for quite a while, and done several iterations over the years after seeing countless survival movies, envisioning scenarios, tossing around ideas for the perfect tools, realizing things I had in my bag were useless, finding ways to drop weight, etc.

Take a look at the list, and if you're the survival type then please feel free to comment. I am open to all kinds of suggestions that have a logical reasoning behind them.

The biggest weight change I made was ditching 1 of my firearms and ammo leaving me with only a 7-shot revolver. Having two guns is nice, but not necessary. I'll likely carry the 2nd gun in another duffel bag for as long as I can before I need to stash it somewhere.

New Bag Contents:
- Smith & Wesson 686+ revolver in a Galco shoulder holster containing two loaded speedloaders. Total of 7*3=21 shots can be fired quickly before needing to access the bag for reload (will be removed from bag and equipped on person)
- 100 rounds of .357 magnum
- Husky electrical pliars with cutter (snipping, pulling, prying)
- Carhartt full head mask (winter/fall)
- Construction gloves
- Very light/thin balaclava (summer/spring)
- 3M reusable earplugs (firing a gun indoors is LOUD, can be used to sleep, etc)
- Bushnell binoculars (absolutely key)
- (2) construction unsharpened construction style pencils
- (15) Cyalume yellow glowsticks/snaplights (better than "milspec" formula)
- Compass (no brainer)
- Whistle (signaling)
- Swedish firesteel for starting fires
- Ozark trail stainless compact spoon/fork/knife
- 15 feet of plastic coated steel braided cable (hanging things, multipurpose utility)
- (5) steel high load bearing caribiners (mostly everything that requires quick access can be caribinered to the bag or my person making the system modular and giving me the flexibility to reconfigure what tools i need quickly available)
- 7 strand paracord
- 4Sevens Quark aa2 Tactical flashlight
- Basic medical kit with bandaids, gauze, wipes
- Coffee filters (crude water filtering)
- Triple strength antibacterial cream
- 6 sticks of cherry chapstick (this stuff is gold, trust me)
- Flouride toothpaste/toothbrush (the flouride is necessary as it stays in your mouth and prevents cavities)
- A pack of biowipes
- Small compact roll of toilet paper
- Bug repelant
- Large bottle of Excedrin migraine with caffeine (pure gold)
- 8 cans of solid white tuna in oil (can be rationed to 8 days of food, very long expiration date, oil is slower to digest than water and makes you feel more full. the empty cans can be used to cook or made into something else)
- Bottle of hoppes gun solvent
- Gun cleaning pads (multipurpose)
- Compact gun cleaning kit (everything fits into a small metal red tube about 5 inches long and 1 inch in diameter, very light)
- Silicone impregnated gun cleaning cloth
- Smiths compact knife sharpener (diamond and carbide)
- Gerber Large infrantry knife with leg strap (will be removed from bag and attached to leg)
- 40oz solid food grade steel thermus with water tight cap
- A roll of high tensile strength fishing wire (multipurpose)
- (20) AA batteries (flashlight, provides 10 flashlight refills)
- 3 basic dust/allergen breathing masks
- Waterproof map of the entire state and surrounding states
- A large tarp for creating a rain cover
- And last but most definitely not least... my lock picking case. I could write a novel about how invaluable these tools and the lockpicking skill would be in a survival situation but I'm sure you all know already. Discreet entry and being able to gain access to resources without making noise is beyond priceless. You'll be an asset to any group you choose to join because of this skill alone, and that will offer you some guarantee of protection.

Fully packed with the items removed that will be on my person and the thermus filled with water the bag is very managable in weight (I haven't weighted it). Definitely able to haul this indefinitely and there is still some room inside the bag to put other items.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

shadowlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:32 pm

guns, knives, and other weapons of violence in your pack indicate that you may find yourself in some kind of a fight. I would include some quick-clot. It's what i carried back in the day. If you or a buddy get hurt, just slap some of that stuff on there to stop the bleeding and finish the fight or escape and evade.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:52 pm

shadowlock wrote:guns, knives, and other weapons of violence in your pack indicate that you may find yourself in some kind of a fight. I would include some quick-clot. It's what i carried back in the day. If you or a buddy get hurt, just slap some of that stuff on there to stop the bleeding and finish the fight or escape and evade.

Any particular brand?

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
PreviousNext

Return to Survival