FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Ruko Assa 2 padlock key questions

<<

SofortBo

Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:05 am

Ruko Assa 2 padlock key questions

Hello
This is my first post, so please forgive me if i'm in the wrong section.

I have just bought a Ruko Assa 2 padlock w/o any keys. It was rather cheap so i figured i would be fun to make my own key.
I have picked it two times and i was extremely difficult both times. My question is, where can i buy an uncut key for this particular lock? To your knowledge, is it possible to make a key on the basis of the picked lock? I mean, if it's picked and the core is taken out, you should be able to figure out the cut, right?

Take all advice!
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:14 am

Re: Ruko Assa 2 padlock key questions

Hi, and wellcome to KeyPicking.
Assa and Ruko have very many keyways/blank profiles. It could be hard to find the exact blank.
But your keyway looks like the most common Yale keyway (Y1), so depending on length you could possibly use U-5D(JMA)/UL050(Silca) or U-6D/UL054.
Assas have tight tolerances, you may need the exact blank. And you have to cut/file very precicely.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:14 am

Looks like the JMA AS-KK7 Key Blank.

Equivalents:
Orion: A35KK
Errebi: AA91
C Birch: AS74
Silca: ASS109

As you're in Denmark, I'd suggest calling around some local locksmiths, see if they can supply you with some blanks. Assa blanks are heavy steel, so have a good quality round file.

Yes, you can create a key with this being picked, but it's not something I'd recommend to a novice. But saying that, it would be fun and you'd learn a whole lot in the process. Once picked, look down the hole where the shackle goes and you'll see a screw. Remove that, and the core will drop out.

Once done, remove the clip off the back of the core and slid out the plug using a plug folllower (rolled up business card will do the trick). You just need the plug and all it's key pins for the key creation.

Now insert the blank key into the plug, and the key pins will all be visible. Use the longest one to press down hard on the key blank in each of the key pin positions. You now have marks on the key blank giving the correct spacings. Mark them with a permanent pen.

Now progressively file down in those spacings until the key pins are exactly flush with the surface of the plug. You will then have a correct key.

Reassemble, pat yourself on the back, and have a nice day :smile:

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:52 pm

MrAnyBody said it best but if I may add: make sure to shave down the hills of the key once you are done or you wont be able to insert/remove the key. You will notice exactly what I am talking about once you get into it.

There are videos out there showing exactly what MrAnyBody said. I know BosnianBill has one about doing just that.

I personally enjoy this process every much.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:13 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:MrAnyBody said it best but if I may add: make sure to shave down the hills of the key once you are done or you wont be able to insert/remove the key. You will notice exactly what I am talking about once you get into it.

There are videos out there showing exactly what MrAnyBody said. I know BosnianBill has one about doing just that.

I personally enjoy this process every much.

Indeed, I forgot to mention it. Important addition, Papa. Many thanks for that.

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

Norseman

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:35 am

If it's not to late.. Go for the right blank for your RU1 keyway.
JMA RU-1D or U-5D as an 2'nd option..

As you'r from Denmark I don't think you'll have any problem of inding a blank for it.

Return to Key Making