FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Home shop upgrade

<<

socaldevin

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Home shop upgrade

Just got a couple "new" upgrades for my home workshop. I've been using this little guy for about year. Bought it off my boss for below retail
image.jpg

Just picked these two up for $800. The 1200 came with the basic set of cards and two cutters.
image.jpg

The rytan just got a complete factory rebuild and update. An additional $485 but well worth it I feel.
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:18 pm

Re: Home shop upgrade

I have that same speedex, great machine & mine has already burned through one motor. One mistake I made with my first Speedex was in not lubricating the cutter shaft. Mine burned out both bushings & the cutter shaft after just a few months.
That Rytan looks sweeet too
<<

socaldevin

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:39 am

I've cut maybe 30 keys on the keedex. I just got it because I needed something to make dups here and there. The price wasn't bad due to the cutter missing a few teeth from an apprentice we had not locking the carriage down while driving around. I have an extra motor for it that my sister picked up for me because she knows I like stuff like that. It came off some beauty industry tool.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:43 am

Very nice! A local locksmith had a 1200 with all the cards and a few cutters for 800 bucks but I couldn't afford it :/
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:45 am

Just last week I traded an HPC automatic duplicator for a 1200 with a full set of cards. He said he had only cut 30 keys with it. It's nice to have some equipment at home for emergencies, plus I will be taking on side work that does not conflict with or comeet with my job.

Return to Key Making