FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Micrometric Precision Key Machine

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Re: Micrometric Precision Key Machine

Or maybe they reinstalled the bushing without aligning the holes. Sucks for me but either way a little drop of oil around the shaft by the bushing will do the exact same job.

As you can see I assembled everything just as it was and tried my best to align the guide V with the cutter and wasnt sure how to do it correctly. Is the V guider and cutter have to be perfectly aligned? or the the cutter have to be a tiny fraction back?

I had another idea. Since this machine doesnt come with a wire wheel. I thought drill a hole into the shaft end and tap it then take a mandrel and die it then screw it into the shaft. How well do you think this would work? Logically the tap and die would be the right way that when the machine is one, it would not loosen it. Any thoughts
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:Or maybe they reinstalled the bushing without aligning the holes. Sucks for me but either way a little drop of oil around the shaft by the bushing will do the exact same job

And Hey, if it doesn't, you can always get an 008 cutter shaft & bushings
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:58 pm

Yea thats what I was thinking should it not work the parts are readily available online but if it does work it would be pretty cool.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:Yea thats what I was thinking should it not work the parts are readily available online but if it does work it would be pretty cool.

OR next time you change the belt you could just drill those holes yourself
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:28 am

Im bring this back up as I have finally got around to using this machine. Wow cutting a key for the first time in my life was so filled with emotions of happiness lol. Thanks to Gordon (see why here: http://youtu.be/ZNwclUOT9cA) and Jeff (decoding a key code) I was able to cut this key by code and it worked out wonderfully. The blade felt like it was having a hard time cutting the brass so I am settled that its dull and a new one will be purchased in the future but for now its great.

I also made a copy of a key impressioning for Jeff just because I wanted to play around with someone and had those blanks out.

Since I live in an apartment and no not have a work place :(((( I did this on my kitchen table then realized I had shaving all over the table, floor and seats so I started to think of someway to block all of that like a shield of sorts but possible integrating it with the machine. Something like a flip top thing.

Also feel free to share your first key cutting experience :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:35 am

I recall my first key-cutting experience, just the first in a long line of disappointing my old man. He knew his first key was a few thousands too low, and in an effort to save time (big mistake) he told me to put a piece of paper under the key to be traced, in order to raise the cuts on the cut key a little bit. Of course I, being the screw-up I am, put the paper under each cut key, further lowering the cuts on All the finished keys, which made it so none of them worked in his newly rekeyed lock cylinders. Lots of yelling ensued and I had one more example of my mean old man not properly explaining things so I could understand them--Clearly My Fault (being sarcastic)
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:47 pm

Ouch Jones. Yes I agree proper training or explaining is very important but if not then the next best lesson is from the mistakes we make :)

I have this rush feeling like I did when I picked my first lock and impressioned my first key, that I gotta run home and cut cut more keys.... I must cut keyssss lol
<<

DCT

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:42 pm

I'm glad to see you got it going Papa Gleb!!!
Congrats on your first key cutting experience!
Do nothing which is of no use. -Miyamoto Musashi
<<

MrWizard

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:16 pm

That is good to hear you got that machine operating.
It is exciting having your first working machine.
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
Kurt Vonnegut
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:27 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:Ouch Jones. Yes I agree proper training or explaining is very important but if not then the next best lesson is from the mistakes we make :)

I have this rush feeling like I did when I picked my first lock and impressioned my first key, that I gotta run home and cut cut more keys.... I must cut keyssss lol

Did You calibrate your machine and make a 3rd generation key to check everything is working correctly?
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Thank you gents. Was a bit of a journey lol.

Jones very lost at what your saying. All I did was eye it then made an adjustment as I started to cut the keys.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Gleb, don't worry about him...he's been banned.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:25 pm

jeffmoss26 wrote:Gleb, don't worry about him...he's been banned.

:lol:
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

MrWizard

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:04 pm

:hammering:
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
Kurt Vonnegut
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor