FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Schlage Everest D145 Keyblanks

<<

crashplan

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:06 pm

Schlage Everest D145 Keyblanks

My business has Schlage cylinders with a D145 keyway. The keys are Schlage Everest Primus with a sidebar biting, but I realized today that the cylinders are only Schlage Everest, sneaky. I want to add a master key system, but for that, I need keyblanks. I was wondering, how difficult is it to get just the Everest D145 keyblanks, as I found out several months ago, getting the equivalent Everest Primus blanks was close to impossible. Is the entire D keyway series restricted, or is it just the Primus keys?

Thank you.

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong area, this just seemed to fit the best.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:08 pm

Re: Schlage Everest D145 Keyblanks

D series is a restricted Everest keyway too. you probably can't get those blanks.
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:59 am

I know for the B123 we had to have our customer issue a letter to a Schlage dealer that we were authorized to purchase but only on their behalf. Schlage has been trying to go more and more towards servicing the end user .vs the locksmith wherever they can. I don't know about the D145 though. I asked our dealer about blanks once for someone and there is no wriggle room, not even a single blank. The blanks get engraved with the dealers number from the factory.
<<

crashplan

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:37 pm

Thank you.

What do you mean that there is no wiggle room, but that Schlage is trying to move towards servicing the end user? Does it mean that the Schlage dealer I go to will be able to order the Everest key blanks for me, but that they will be required to cut them for me before I can have them?
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:00 pm

No, it means that Schlage is trying to bypass the dealer as much as possible. You will have to get locks and keys for Primus and Everest directly from them. BEST is trying to do the same thing.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:32 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:No, it means that Schlage is trying to bypass the dealer as much as possible. You will have to get locks and keys for Primus and Everest directly from them. BEST is trying to do the same thing.

Gordon

Actually Best has recently started to go with a small amount of distributors. I guess they finally realized that having your product out of reach of most people reduces your business.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:50 am

Riyame wrote:
GWiens2001 wrote:No, it means that Schlage is trying to bypass the dealer as much as possible. You will have to get locks and keys for Primus and Everest directly from them. BEST is trying to do the same thing.

Gordon

Actually Best has recently started to go with a small amount of distributors. I guess they finally realized that having your product out of reach of most people reduces your business.

Yep, Clark and Intermountain are both carrying Best now. I had a customer ask about getting some Peaks keys copied and we can get the blanks with the customers info.
<<

dmasters

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:30 am

Any "D" keyway requires a Letter of Authorization. Said letter has to be signed by a previously registered "Authorizer", and the vendor you are using has to be previously registered by said "Authorizer". Plan on 3-4 weeks minimum for blanks, they will be stamped with your facility code. Your vendor should be able to assist with the paperwork, or call the Schlage Key Department and they can help you as well. Or you can call your local Sales Rep... Ask them for help... Let the fox in the hen-house...
<<

Josephus

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:24 pm

That sounds like a ton of work. Would be more fun to bring a case of beer over to someone that owns a mill and make a new friend.

Return to Key Making