FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Need key or blank for built in Master combination locks

<<

PhoneMan

I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:32 pm

Need key or blank for built in Master combination locks

I was tasked at my work with finding keys and combos for the kind of master locks that are built in to the lockers. I work at a resale shop and we got about 10-20 units donated to us without combos or the override keys. (each "unit" has 6 or 8 lockers)

Here's the Master website: http://www.masterlock.com/products/product_details/1630

And here's the cylinder of one I busted off: Cylinder is TINY!
IMG_0936.JPG

I can't seem to pick these, although it's a simple 5 pin tumbler. If I have to, I will bust the locks off, and we will use ordinary padlocks on the lockers. We sold all but 3 units to a customer who has been very good to us, so we'd like to get her a key too, as she's using them in a gym she owns. (We're keeping 3 for employee use.)

Any ideas what key blank I need? Also the lock I have is stamped "F205", so if anyone has a key that would fit it, I'd appreciate getting ahold of one to make copies of.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

dmasters

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Re: Need key or blank for built in Master combination locks

F205 is the code for the Control Key, which is used to change the combinations. If you have original owner information and serial numbers off the locks, you can call Master and get the combo charts and a Control Key from them. An Ilco 1092C will pass the keyway, BTW...
<<

PhoneMan

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:08 pm

I think the key is an override, and not a change key. There's a button on the back I assumed changed the lock combo. After knocking the dial off of the lock, I turned the cam that would be operated by the cylinder and got the lock to open.
And I didn't think Master gave out that combo info to just anyone?
<<

dmasters

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:28 pm

It will open the lock, but it was meant more as a combo change key. Its been a few years since I've had to do one, but you turn the key, push the button, turn dial, release button, then turn key back. The manual should be available on their website, or Google will dig it up. There's only a few different ones out there, I believe. If I had the damn blank, I'd just make you one.

If you state your case as a resale outlet, have the original purchaser/owner information for the locks and serial numbers I don't see why they WOULDN'T help. My experience and others I have worked with all have nothing but good things to say about them as a company.

Wish I could help you more :(
<<

PhoneMan

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:51 pm

Ok, well, we do know where they came from, but the serial numbers are on the inside part of the lock and the lockers are closed, so I don't see how I can provide that unless I try picking them again. I may be able to get the key though and open em up and go from there. Thanks for the help!
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:05 pm

F205 MASTER CUTS 21421... 5pin blank m17 0r 1092c
<<

PhoneMan

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:36 pm

21421 is what Keymaster had too, GringoLocksmith had 32532. don't know which is right. At the very least I can get the lockers open to take the locks off, I'll also try calling Master and see what they say.
<<

DennisK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:24 am

PhoneMan wrote:21421 is what Keymaster had too, GringoLocksmith had 32532. don't know which is right. At the very least I can get the lockers open to take the locks off, I'll also try calling Master and see what they say.

Depending on your budget,knocking the old locks off and replacing them may be the quickest option!
<<

GringoLocksmith

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:36 am

PhoneMan wrote:21421 is what Keymaster had too, GringoLocksmith had 32532. don't know which is right. At the very least I can get the lockers open to take the locks off, I'll also try calling Master and see what they say.

Not sure if you noticed, but the cuts I gave you are all one deeper than what Keymaster and Ringo gave you. Try theirs first, and then try mine with the same key if it doesn't work.
<<

PhoneMan

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:42 pm

I'd at least like to get the key to make taking the locks off easier, if nothing else, which means I'd end up with 20+ of the damn things, which I'll trade/sell on here most likely. (If I go that route).
<<

GringoLocksmith

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:45 pm

You could probably just find some other blank that you can file away at until it fits into your lock. If the client later wants the real thing, she can pay for the blanks.
<<

PhoneMan

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:47 pm

Well, the lockers I'm messing with are ones the store is keeping, we sold some others, but it's looking like we might just be able to mess with our own, and maybe give the customer that bought the others a key to open em with so they can take the locks off and just use padlocks.
<<

Sublimis

Familiar Face

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:22 am

I have a few locks the same. A buddy of mine acquired a huge bank of maybe 40 lockers he busted one off and sent it to someone or company out of state to have a key made. Ill ask him where he sent it off to if you are interested.

Return to Key Making