FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Finding a key cutting machine on the bay

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:03 am

Finding a key cutting machine on the bay

is like finding the golden fleece as ebay always remove them...so if your looking for a machine L@@k under cobblers machines or shoerepair machines
they can be found under these categories ive discoverd them frequently for sale and not removed. :cool: also a good bet if your selling one !
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:31 am

Re: Finding a key cutting machine on the bay

Kind of like how people used to sell brass knuckle as "paperweights" ;]
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:01 am

Exactly xeo.. im watching one at the moment the guy as screwed up and i know its going to get pulled.. he,s not as savvy as the rest hes started is listing as follows
(lock smith )which is clever not joining the words together but he,s still screwed up as this as listed it under locksmith ALSO not good.
Dont put locksmith in any context if you want to sell YOUR MACHINE
<<

darkhorse

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:47 am

i got a dual machine very cheap last year...seller listed it as a milling machine...reeeesult
<<

escher7

Post Fri May 03, 2013 4:33 am

My problem, especially since I live in Canada, is shipping costs. I pay $10 just to get a couple of keys sent. Southord is the only company that charges fairly - $4 for small pick orders. I don't want to know the cost of a 40lb. key machine. The sad thing is that I bought a manual machine quite a few years back for $100 and then sold it when I got busy with other things. Now that I have nothing but time I wish I had kept it. The locksmith that bought it almost cried with joy when I only charged him $200, so I'm thinking it must have been something special.

I got that machine from an old style hardware store that was closing down. Might be worth canvassing these old timers if any are left in your area.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri May 03, 2013 5:06 am

escher7 wrote:My problem, especially since I live in Canada, is shipping costs. I pay $10 just to get a couple of keys sent. Southord is the only company that charges fairly - $4 for small pick orders. I don't want to know the cost of a 40lb. key machine. The sad thing is that I bought a manual machine quite a few years back for $100 and then sold it when I got busy with other things. Now that I have nothing but time I wish I had kept it. The locksmith that bought it almost cried with joy when I only charged him $200, so I'm thinking it must have been something special.

I got that machine from an old style hardware store that was closing down. Might be worth canvassing these old timers if any are left in your area.

Do you not like Sparrows lock picks? They are in Canada and have a quality product.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Fri May 03, 2013 8:37 am

escher7 wrote:My problem, especially since I live in Canada, is shipping costs. I pay $10 just to get a couple of keys sent. Southord is the only company that charges fairly - $4 for small pick orders. I don't want to know the cost of a 40lb. key machine. The sad thing is that I bought a manual machine quite a few years back for $100 and then sold it when I got busy with other things. Now that I have nothing but time I wish I had kept it. The locksmith that bought it almost cried with joy when I only charged him $200, so I'm thinking it must have been something special.

40 lb package from the US will cost about $100-120 or so via USPS.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri May 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Thought id check out the shoerepairer forum today and im abit ..pissed at my self for not doing so a few weeks back when i posted this topic... as they have a selling page for key machines.

Missed out on 2 hpc blitz machines a shit load of other things not to mention a switch blitz all selling under £600...words fail me !
<<

escher7

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:05 am

Do you not like Sparrows lock picks? They are in Canada and have a quality product. (mdchurchill)

This is a reply to a question from mdchurchill that I missed awhile back.

Yes, Sparrow gets good reviews on their products, although I prefer Southord. However, the irony is that postage on their products within Canada are more than what Southord charges from the U.S. I guess that is why our post office is not on the verge of bankruptcy. Postal rates in Canada are generally very high.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:29 am

escher7 wrote:Do you not like Sparrows lock picks? They are in Canada and have a quality product. (mdchurchill)

This is a reply to a question from mdchurchill that I missed awhile back.

Yes, Sparrow gets good reviews on their products, although I prefer Southord. However, the irony is that postage on their products within Canada are more than what Southord charges from the U.S. I guess that is why our post office is not on the verge of bankruptcy. Postal rates in Canada are generally very high.

Yes they are :( Although with the USPS rate hike for flat rate boxes prices in Canada to US are comparable or even cheaper now than US to Canada.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Return to Key Making