FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Looking for feedback on a highquality semiauto key machine

<<

Maxlox

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Looking for feedback on a highquality semiauto key machine

I am a newbie Locksmith and I’m having some quality issues when duplicating keys I have two machines now a Mini Speedex in my truck and a Speedex Premier. They look great but I’m kinda hit and miss on the keys. I had a job the other day I rekeyed a commercial building and made 40 keys for them and I had issues with about 10 of them and had to make new ones. I use either Ilco or Kustom Key blanks so I’m pretty sure the problem is either me or my machines either way I need a better machine what do you guys recommend for a professional grade semi auto key duplicating machine I’m looking for a strong high quality machine? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

So the question is: what do you guys recommend for a professional grade semi auto key duplicating machine I’m looking for a reliable high quality machine.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: Looking for feedback on a highquality semiauto key machi

I have an Ilco 044 semi auto machine. It's not my favorite machine but it's reasonably accurate and it's been nice and durable for me so far.

I'm surprised you've had so much trouble with your Speedex. Mine is incredibly accurate.
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:42 pm

if your gonna put it in a truck id recommend the rytan200. Bench we use bianchi b106.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:51 pm

I don't recommend any auto machine, they all that I have seen have there quirks. I use a manual ilco 45 performance series, I swear by it, I had to do some work to it, but now it cuts dead on, every time. I used and still have a HPC Mini-Speedex, I had quality issues with it, not enough motor power, wouldn't cut the same key twice, etc. I use it as a backup. I have a couple other machines, but they are not worth mention, I use them for "parts" machines.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Maxlox

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Thanks guys i think i am going to go with either the RY100 or RY200.

Return to Key Making