FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Ilco key machine

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Ilco key machine

I am back to using my Ilco Performance series 045, Done with using the speedex, bought a new key guage and a new cutter, this thing works great, only takes about 5 minutes to get it dialed in and the motor is super strong, cuts keys super quick and quiet. Bought the machine used very cheap awhile back, looks almost brand new. Starting to really hate HPC products, quality just isn't there on some of there stuff, I had nothing but problems with the mini-speedex. Whats everybody here use for key machines?
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Ilco key machine

I have a Cole key machine I got for 40 bucks from a now-closed hardware store. It works very well for me. I had to replace the belt a few months ago but that was easy. I need to locate a nut for where the deburring brush goes. Otherwise I have zero problems.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:13 pm

I like my HPC Mini-Speedex. It's always been very accurate and never given me any trouble.

It has some limitations given the size of it's motor but I suppose that's to be expected in an entry level machine. About the only way that's affected me is that I need to go slightly slower when cutting nickel-silver keys with it.

I think I have seven or eight different key cutters, I haven't counted, but the Mini-Speedex is still one of my favorites.
<<

spanky2313

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:27 pm

I have a 9180 MC power speedex, That I'm very happy with. It sure beats the foley-belsaw model 200 I started with. I use it for flat keys only now. One step at a time.
<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:09 pm

ive got an old dominion 145M its an oldie but still cuts accurate as long as you keep up the needed maintenance
it will cut like a dream
keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................

Return to Key Making