FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Need a new cutting wheel..

<<

Vitti

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:58 am

Need a new cutting wheel..

I'm trying to find a new cutting wheel for an old Taylor KD8 key machine. I found one at mysecuritypro.com for $47 and am trying to do a little comparison shopping before buying. But, I can't seem to find anyplace else that sells them. Anyone have any suggestions?
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:00 am

Re: Need a new cutting wheel..

Do you have an item number for the wheel itself? Some wheels are compatible between different machines and it would be easier to look up that way as some dealers may carry a compatible wheel with cross referenced part numbers, but not necessarily under the Taylor name.
<<

Vitti

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:08 am

According to mysecuritypro.com, it is compatible with these 3 Ilco part nubmers:

CU1
027A-40
BC0104XXXX
<<

Vitti

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:10 am

The wheel I have in my possession is far too rusty and worn to read any numbers off of it. Found the machine in a yard sale in a bin full of power tools that all looked like they were from the 70's. But the motor is strong and the belt is good. The wheel will still cut a working key but the cuts are kinda sloppy and rough due to the condition of the wheel.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:34 am

CU1 can be had for lower price from a wholesale lock supplier such as HL Flake or Intermountain. If you don't have an account with one of them, send me a pm. I probably still owe you a favor from way back and can try to set something up for you.

Return to Key Making