FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

key machine

<<

spanky2313

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 19, 2011 5:26 pm

key machine

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of this machine Ilco 044HD Semi-Automatic. Thanks
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Fri May 20, 2011 2:25 am

Re: key machine

I bought one because I needed a semi-auto machine that didn't cost at arm and a leg. When I rekey a building and have to crank out a ton of key duplicates quickly, it's pretty good for speeding up the job. Although it's definitely not my most accurate machine. In fairness it's probably due in part to how fast I'm usually going when I'm cutting keys on it. The duplicates I cut with it always work, but if I'm cutting copies of copies it takes very few generations before they are far enough out of spec not to work anymore. Because of that, the only time I use mine is if I have to make a ton of duplicates and I have a code cut or OEM key as an original.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri May 20, 2011 8:12 am

http://mysecuritypro.com/Ilco044HDKeyMachines.aspx

Yeah, Spanky. It's a fine enough machine. For the accuracy, my preference is a RY100 (but thet's a professional grade machine). Depending on the money, you may have found a pretty good deal.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri May 20, 2011 8:51 am

I have to say, the only automatic machine I have is the Cole 3kcc machine that I don't use hardly anymore at all, it just sits around gathering dust. The automatic mode makes a quick key, but I as well have noticed that they are not as good as when I just do it manually. It goes way to fast and on keys with lots of high low cuts, I feel it skips and jumps to much. However, if you could slow that motor down (the one that pulls your jaws through) I believe it would work much better. Thats just my two cents based on what I have. I have though heard good things about the Ilco line of machines and I haven't heard hardly anything bad about them. I do know that alot of the local hardware store type use this machine or one in the same line, but then again, they always come to me to get ACCURATE cut keys after they visit these guys!! I shall also add, that I do alot of business every month with My security Pro, they are a great company, But, shop around before buying a machine from them, you can get way better deals out there, as far as buying there key blanks, for what I do, it's a perfect fit. After you place one order, you then recieve a lifetime discount code from them for something like 20% off, thats what they done for me to win my business, anytime I can shave a few cents off on keys, I feel good about it!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

spanky2313

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat May 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Thanks everyone . I'am trying to get the best machine for the money I have at hand.

Return to Key Making