FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

funny customers

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:15 pm

funny customers

So this nice woman brought in a key to be copied the other day, it was an SC1, only it was a Baldwin Bow key, for those of you that don't know what a Baldwin bow is, it's a key that is mostly only identifiable by a locksmith or someone in the know, they have a rather large bow and and don't resemble any OEM blank, (I don't know much more about them than that so if any experienced want to ellaborate please do!) SO she want's it duplicated so I dupe it on an original SC1 blank, she just sort of stares at me, looks real close at them, pays and leaves! She thinks that it may be wrong I guess because they don't look the same, I explained it to her she didn't really act like she believed me, they must have worked, she hasn't been back.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: funny customers

That is one of my favorite when a customer holds up his key with the one I just cut him and looks at it!! WTF people are just stupid, enough said!!! Like he or she can tell if it is .00000000001 off but holding them up next to each other!!! Then I get someone who says it feels kind of rough, I purposely feck his key up, sorry, that is how I roll. It gets so old after years and years and years of people "knowing" more than me, that has been doing this for 16 years. I love the shite, I will buff it and throw the cuts into the grinder and say there ya go, give that a try. Feck em all, I am going to work at McDonalds where I can cum in their fat ass burgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:28 pm

That happens a lot at the store...customers always check the keys like they would really know the difference!! I've never had a problem with any of the keys I cut unless somehow I goofed on the blank.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:39 am

KokomoLock wrote:That is one of my favorite when a customer holds up his key with the one I just cut him and looks at it!! WTF people are just stupid, enough said!!! Like he or she can tell if it is .00000000001 off but holding them up next to each other!!! Then I get someone who says it feels kind of rough, I purposely feck his key up, sorry, that is how I roll. It gets so old after years and years and years of people "knowing" more than me, that has been doing this for 16 years. I love the shite, I will buff it and throw the cuts into the grinder and say there ya go, give that a try. Feck em all, I am going to work at McDonalds where I can cum in their fat ass burgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has to be one of the funniest things i have read in a while.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:33 am

I had a customer get really upset the other day because I didn't have a Yale branded key to make his copy on. I was able to copy it on a KW1 but he was really upset that I would not special order Yale branded keys for him to have one copied. I told him that locksmiths in Vegas probably had them and so he was going to travel the 100 miles to go and check.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:50 am

mdchurchill wrote:I had a customer get really upset the other day because I didn't have a Yale branded key to make his copy on. I was able to copy it on a KW1 but he was really upset that I would not special order Yale branded keys for him to have one copied. I told him that locksmiths in Vegas probably had them and so he was going to travel the 100 miles to go and check.

Thats dumb, we can get the original blanks, but they do usually cost more, and that name stamped on there doesn't really help the key work any better, people are so wierd.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

killbox

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:27 pm

KokomoLock wrote:That is one of my favorite when a customer holds up his key with the one I just cut him and looks at it!! WTF people are just stupid, enough said!!! Like he or she can tell if it is .00000000001 off but holding them up next to each other!!! Then I get someone who says it feels kind of rough, I purposely feck his key up, sorry, that is how I roll. It gets so old after years and years and years of people "knowing" more than me, that has been doing this for 16 years. I love the shite, I will buff it and throw the cuts into the grinder and say there ya go, give that a try. Feck em all, I am going to work at McDonalds where I can cum in their fat ass burgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the customers defense, I have seen keys cut at places like Walmart where even a untrained half blind eye could tell that the key was cut badly. (i know they are all cut badly, still some are amazingly bad, things like the blank not fully inserted. and the wrong holder cartridge)... kept a set around for years where the clerk had actually cut the wrong side of the key!
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Baldwin keys are just an SC1 with a big bow that says Baldwin...usually stores will charge 4-5 bucks for a copy made on the original blank.
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:49 pm

KokomoLock wrote: Feck em all, I am going to work at McDonalds where I can cum in their fat ass burgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liar.

I happen to know the McDonald's menu quite well..and there is no such thing as a "Fat Ass Burger". However, they do have an "Anus Deluxe Burger" that I'm just a little bit leery of.
:asslicker:
<<

KentM

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:24 pm

killbox wrote:

To the customers defense, I have seen keys cut at places like Walmart where even a untrained half blind eye could tell that the key was cut badly. (i know they are all cut badly, still some are amazingly bad, things like the blank not fully inserted. and the wrong holder cartridge)... kept a set around for years where the clerk had actually cut the wrong side of the key!

I have a lot of customers who cut the keys at big box stores like Walmart, HomeDopot, Rona etc, and the keys are cut wrong. I do not boast that I have not cut any wrong key yet, but I can also make error, and most of times, error I or my wife make (mostly my wife) selecting a wrong key. The keys cut in these big box stores are not cut by speciality key cutters but just 9 $ an hour guys, who literally know nothing about key cutting. I have a good customer base who are dissatisfied by the big box stores

I just laugh at customer when they try to check the key cut by me and start talking about what they know nothing
Kent
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:32 pm

I've seen the high school kids at the hardware store put a key in the machine upside down...lol
I'm guilty of reversing the blank and the cut key, but caught it before...
<<

LockAble

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:21 pm

jeffmoss26 wrote:Baldwin keys are just an SC1 with a big bow that says Baldwin...usually stores will charge 4-5 bucks for a copy made on the original blank.

Ilco makes a copy that looks the same just does not say baldwin. The reason for the larger bow is to assist in throwing the bolt in a mortise case.

On topic, yes customers are always smarter than me no mater how long I've been doing it. I kill them with kindness and sarcasm. Usually they only sense the kindness. Funniest thing about it is that I've gotten more tips. :hbg:
<<

andrex66it

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:17 am

KokomoLock wrote: Feck em all, I am going to work at McDonalds where I can cum in their fat ass burgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna skip McDonalds for a while... :shock:

Return to Key Making