FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

1200 PCH- The punch

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:51 pm

1200 PCH- The punch

So far my new punch machine is exactly what I expected it to be, I don't know much about it, but I continue to play with it on a daily basis to try to get a feel for it. My machine was not calibrated from the factory, it said it was, but for some reason it was way off. Calibration is very easy, but very touchy, a little bit is alot, but so far, it works great. It came with 104 code cards, however some common cards I see are not included and shall be printed from a good code program. One such card is one for a Y-11, I printed one off that I wanted to play with and then I was satisfied. It does come with 4 micrometer cards, these are very handy and in an instance where you don't have a card, these will work fine. Also I shall mention that the use of a micrometer card is the preferred method of calibrating the machine. Machine comes with the 3 needed punches and all the tools to change out the punches and to calibrate the machine. I was really surprised at how fast you can change out a punch, you losen two screws and remove a bolt from the center and up comes the punch and you just screw another one down and go, often times you don't need to change the jaw position, I haven't had to do this yet, but it looks to be as easy as removing the wing nut and flipping the jaws over and to what ever side the card tells you is desirable. All info needed is on each and every card, very convenient. If anybody has any tricks they have learned about this machine, please post them!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Re: 1200 PCH- The punch

Thanks ,kid.
Weiser is also not included,and as i found out the hard way,just yesterday,getting accurate depths with the micrometer cards was quite difficult.
could you try cutting your next kwickset key using the micrometer card,and tell me is it just me?
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:16 pm

I will give it a go and see, I am very surprised at how finicky the machine is, if it is off a pinch more than what you would think, the key won't work, if it is off a hair on a wafer lock, no problem, but a pin tumbler, you really have to get the machine calibrated real well it seems. I will run a key off tommorow and see what it is like with the micrometer cards, it will be an SC1 though, that way I can try it out on the locks at work to make sure that it works.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:55 pm

wow...you went for it...did you buy it new ?? give me a call when you can..
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:03 pm

thelockoutguys wrote:wow...you went for it...did you buy it new ?? give me a call when you can..

I tried to call ya, you never answered. :cool:

Yes, I bought it new, I won't buy used unless I really know what shape something is in, like key duplicators, you just never know what your going to get from somebody.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:10 pm

awol70 wrote:Thanks ,kid.
Weiser is also not included,and as i found out the hard way,just yesterday,getting accurate depths with the micrometer cards was quite difficult.
could you try cutting your next kwickset key using the micrometer card,and tell me is it just me?

I made a SC1 key today by using the micrometer card, my depths were fine, only thing I noticed was that my spacing was slightly off, the key still worked, but wasn't desirable because you had to pull the key back just a hair then it worked fine! Using the actual card is way faster and more desirable, only thing with the micrometer card I think is that you just have to pay closer attention to what your doing, and it shall be fine.
<<

Kezo

Familiar Face

Post Fri May 06, 2011 11:14 pm

W.H. Software company makes a dedicated program just for printing out code cards for HPC code machines. I bought my Punch Machine second hand without any cards so that's the software I got so I can make the cards.

Return to Key Making