FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Kustom Key

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Kustom Key

I recently recieved a bunch of random blanks from the Kustom Key company, they specialize in key blanks with your company logo. I must say that I am impressed, I think that rather than business cards, this might be a better form of advertising. You know, alot of people will hand out tons of business cards, well you still can do that too. but if the topic comes up about what you do, either for a living or on the side, like myself, I think it would be cool to ask them what kind of lock they use on there house and give them a blank key, with your custom logo on it, and invite them to come to your business to get one free key, just like a business card, it has your company name and phone number on it, but they have to look at that key almost everytime they use it and it will remind them that your the one that makes keys, or can let them back into there house or car. Not only that, but other people may see the key as well, I think it may generate more business. Another thing I was thinking of, is this, maybe all standard blanks you cut are one price, but maybe the logo head blank is .25 or .50 cents cheaper, sort of pursuading them to buy that blank instead, kind of buy a return customer??? Any thoughts?
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:13 pm

Re: Kustom Key

I have used Kustom Keys for years. I don't charge less for the keys though I charge more because they cost me more. They have the business name and phone number on one side and DO NOT DUPLICATE on the other. I am sure they pay for themselves with the rekey jobs they produced. Bob rents a new building, the key has my name and number on it, chances are he is gonna call me if he has problems or wants the building rekeyed. Also got a lot of calls from people who found key on the street and and one of them had our name on it. Name on the keys and PUSH PULL stickers with your name and number on them will get you a lot of extra business.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:42 pm

you know, in this economy, everything helps, I just think It would be a good way to get my name out better.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ChicoSlim803

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:04 pm

i like the idea i know i have seen it here and there in the carolinas.

Return to Key Making