Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:46 pm
By reading and/or participating in the Discussion Forums, you are hereby consenting to these rules and agree to abide by them. Violators may be warned, suspended from posting, or banned from the forums or chats, at the sole discretion of site management.
1. Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. Avoid insults and “flaming”. Disagreeing with an idea of another community member is different than personally attacking that individual.
2. Please use traditional forum courtesies. Do not post off-topic. Don't post in all-caps (FOR EXAMPLE, LIKE THIS) or all-boldface text, please.
3. Illegal activity will not be tolerated and can result in an immediate ban without warning.
4.Please do not quote entire news articles from other sources; small excerpts and/or a link keeps things legal. Please provide a link.
5.You must provide a valid name and e-mail address where we may contact you - as well as your actual location during the registration process. Your e-mail address will not be published on the site, except by you actively choosing to do so. You are limited to one user account on the system. Under no circumstances may you create alternate names, assume secondary identities or use someone else's name for your name.
6. You alone are responsible for the material you post. Do not post content or links to content that violates the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of any third party. Likewise, you may not post content or links to content that is libelous, defamatory, offensive, obscene, racist, abusive, that violates a third party's right to privacy, that otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or that is otherwise inappropriate. Use of this forum constitutes agreement that Keypicking.com is not responsible for any content posted by third parties.
7. While we don't prohibit the posting of links to commercial or "competing" sites, we will delete things that look like link-spamming. We don't exist to provide you with a free advertising portal. If you want to advertise your own site, contact site management about a banner ad.
8. You acknowledge and agree that you use and/or rely on any information obtained through the discussion forums at your own risk. Keypicking.com is not in any manner endorsing the content of the discussion groups and cannot and will not vouch for its reliability. The disclaimer of liability contained in this section applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
9. Posting of NSFW (Not Safe For Work) materials (for example nudity or porn) is not permitted in the forums. If posted in the chat room it MUST be clearly labeled as such or you will be kicked from the chat room. Repeated violations will result in a permanent ban from the chat room.
10. Any disrespect or negative comments of any kind towards other locksport boards will not be tolerated and will result in a user warning and/or ban.
11. You must be at least 18 years of age to participate on this forum.
12. Private Messages are a function of these forums which allow a member to post messages to another member or group of members away from the public view. Like any other message in our forums, these messages are stored in the forums database. While these messages are considered private and personal, the administrators are able to view these messages if so required by law enforcement agencies or in cases where illegal activities or rule infringement is suspected.
13. Do not persistently annoy any other member of the keypicking community, including members of the staff of keypicking.com. This rule also refers to "high maintenance" users, whose forum activities become so problematic that the time spent dealing with those issues begins to significantly interfere with lives and/or forum duties of any staff members. In such cases, the user in question may receive a temporary or permanent ban.
14. Violation of the user edit feature will result in removal of the feature. If you post something then it remains posted once it has received a reply. If you would like something removed then please contact an Administrator or Moderator.
15. If you have an issue with any members of the board, please contact email@example.com
16. In regards to participation in contests, only forum members that have posted their location in their profile are eligible to enter.
17. Items posted for sale need to have a price clearly posted, unless you are selling it as an auction.
18. Items may be sold as an auction if the seller is willing to donate 10% of the final bid price to keypicking.com to help with hosting costs. If selling as an auction, the seller needs to specify an opening bid price and it needs to have an ending time and date, posted as US Eastern Standard Time. Shipping costs need to be specified, including whether or not you will ship internationally. Pictures are not required, but are recommended to help avoid disputes as to the condition of the items to be sold.
19. Circumventing, attempting to circumvent, or facilitating circumvention of forum access levels or security measures can be grounds for an immediate ban without warning.
20. Lock or pick begging will get you banned.
Effective as of 08/21/2010 the following rules apply regarding the posting of direct links:
1. Don't plagiarize.
2. Don't cut and paste unless it's a small quote and you give credit to the source.
3. If you find something interesting you want to share that is somewhere else, PLEASE DO SHARE; HOWEVER, ONLY POST A LINK TO THE CONTENT, either with your own description of what it's about, or possibly a very short excerpt (again making it extra clear who/what/where the source is.)
4. DO NOT link directly to images on other sites in posts without express permission from the creator unless it is under a creative commons license or other free licensing scheme, or otherwise clearly intended to be shared. DO NOT Upload images which you are not the creator or otherwise own the rights to.
5. No one may post a link on the forum seeking direct or indirect contributions for any cause, charity, or any other fund raising activity without permission from the site owner.
6. No member of this forum shall advertise any shop, item, or service from which they receive direct or indirect remuneration or other income, compensation, or consideration, without approval from the Site Owners--ElbowMacaroni and MBI--which may or may not be granted and all such decisions are final and subject to change by the Site Owners at any time without prior notice. This includes links to eBay auctions. Our current site sponsors are advertising with the express consent of the Site Owners.
Donations: Donations are not required for membership or participation in this forum - but are accepted via PayPal, should you choose to make a voluntary contribution. However, please note that by submitting a donation, you are still required to abide by all rules of the forum. Donations do not imply any other special status, other than that of a contributor. Contributor status does not imply ownership stake in, title to, or public stock ownership in KeyPicking.com.
MBI (Site Owner)
awol70 (Global Mod)
Riyame (Global Mod)
MrAnybody (Global Mod)