FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Framon 2 abloy adaptor build Disklock Pro / Team Project

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:49 am

Framon 2 abloy adaptor build Disklock Pro / Team Project

Well I've got an idea of building a adaptor for the framon a bolt on adapter to cut abloy keys
How practical do you think this will be and is it achievable as a add on
The ford adapter works well for the tibbe keys ..did a post a few years ago on here But was made by framon
so based off this with complete rotation for the angle Or degree of cut required for the 10 cuts

Possible Abloy adaptor based on the framon tibbe adaptor. https://imgur.com/a/He39Vnn

Mr P would be great for this job anyway any ideas how to please post up . A abloy disklock adapter sounds good
As a few of us have them on forum . it's marketable too if successful
Brain wave or storm it seems plausible ( clamping and rotation ) of blank key And degrees of angle
is it even POSSIBLE...well where about to find a Answer .

Many great minds on Key picking ..let's do this guy's and gals . :akimbo:

PLAN / FORUM PROJECT.

1. Make a Awesome working abloy disklock adaptor cutter .

The Key Disklock Pro

https://i.postimg.cc/Fz5CqhKG/Screensho ... 130558.jpg

Question 1.
How big is the slotter cutter needed ( width of cut ) and can one be found to fit the framon to do the job first off.

Observations on keys blade and cuts from tip to bow the cuts are not side by side they overlap each other in places
so getting the spacing correct will be important and time consuming.
The cuts at first glance look Very small but on further inspection slots cuts are wider than first thought as they overlap .
Possible around 0.75 inch wide or there abouts
There is a good possibility of locking key in A clamp on the 10 mil above the actual cuts which are 16.3 mil approximately.
And key blade is around 30mm in total length from tip up to the plastic head.

Ringo
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:00 am

Re: Framon 2 abloy adaptor build Disklock Pro / Team Projec

Morning folks day two of the build and it's decisions time the actual shape of the adaptor as been decided and really
Was in my mind from the beginning or outset of this project .

Could really only be this shape anyway due to the carriage it's going to be bolted on to . A block with a H shape cut
Out so the key once fixed in Position can rotate freely , and the cutting blade can move freely from side to side

Have decided also on brass ..so it's off to the workshop after my coffee to see what I can find .
Hopefully a nice block of brass I can use ..as it won't rust and cuts well and Will last a long time .
Suns even out and it's a dry day .. :razz:
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:23 pm

It seems like a great idea.

What' I'd really like is an adaptor for the HPC Blitz key machine that cuts Abloy Classic.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:43 am

That's good news Gordon as framon make a 0.66 slotter after checking book.
Can do the classic on cea multi and it's a tibbe machine also

I've recently made a adaptor to cut high profile also on the CEA ...that might work for the hpc blitz if I made a new housing
Will have to take some pics of the adaptor I made for Abloy as it's very unique ..a one off design and works well .

Thought of the hpc blitz as I made the universal Gerda tytan adaptor cutter for this and framon and Silca milling machine

The Abloy Disklock key and code required if ordering a new key
https://imgur.com/a/Dp6hEuZ

The keyline machine which is a tibbe cutter as a adaptor for the classic ..let me find the pic
May give you some ideas ..got the pm great help !
Keyline falcon tibbe abus and abloy ...adaptor jaws
I've got a close up pic of adaptor somewhere it bolts on and rotates with a round control knob .as postions for each angle.
When I find it I will post this up ..vid below on the keyline falcon

https://youtu.be/5j5JhI7etro And. https://imgur.com/a/5ppU5mh

Abloy & Abus Adaptor keyline falcon https://imgur.com/a/qBsjBSO
key locks in one side and turn knob on the other ..you'll work it out and sounds like a plan to me :ugeek: :D

Looking at the Tibbe adaptor for the blitz ..it's real easy to fit as it just locks in vice ..damn wish I'd not seen that
as I've Got another idea in mind ...anyway Vid will give you great ideas for sure

https://youtu.be/QUKp5ZsQhSc
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:20 am

I have the Tibbe adaptor for the Blitz. Wish they made one for the Abloy Classic.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:52 am

GWiens2001 wrote:I have the Tibbe adaptor for the Blitz. Wish they made one for the Abloy Classic.

Gordon

This one Gw as potential ..my first thoughts on seeing the Tibbe adaptor
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255822149175 ... media=COPY

Abloys classic adaptor Mark 1 . Hpc get it built
:razz: :D
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:12 am

10ringo10 wrote:
GWiens2001 wrote:I have the Tibbe adaptor for the Blitz. Wish they made one for the Abloy Classic.

Gordon

This one Gw as potential ..my first thoughts on seeing the Tibbe adaptor
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255822149175 ... media=COPY

Abloys classic adaptor Mark 1 . Hpc get it built
:razz: :D

Great idea!

Gordon
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:21 am

I do have a duplicator that can copy lever lock keys and a whole array of disc detainer keys. Have duplicated Abloy Classic with it. But I can't code cut with it.

Can anybody cut me some depth & space keys I can use to code cut Abloy Classic and/or Profile?

Gordon
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:45 am

It's damn near impossible to do ..code cut abloy from space and depth the cheap Chinese stuff with 3 cut depths with
Correct carriage a given .
Many years ago I tried with a Silca GT machine With carriage and it was A nightmare copy yes code cut no unfortunately.
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:37 am

GWiens2001 wrote:I do have a duplicator that can copy lever lock keys and a whole array of disc detainer keys. Have duplicated Abloy Classic with it. But I can't code cut with it.

Can anybody cut me some depth & space keys I can use to code cut Abloy Classic and/or Profile?

Gordon

Hi Gordon,
I can cut those for you, just PM me what you need and your address and you may get them by Chrismas.
I can allso cut Exec, but not Disclock or -pro.
-Wizer

edit.. just saw your e-mail, will reply shortly.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:19 am

Really you need a special carriage and machine designed to copy abloy keys
To try this on a standard mortise Lever lock machine is simply bonkers. A adaptor is the way to go
And really only need a working key to work off or to get the angles right . :geek:

In the last week since I've been on the project I've seen some really good home made adaptors and machines
For cutting abloy keys ..see anything you like or have a great idea post up .

This is one such tool to cut Abloy classic keys ..think this was a locksmith in the Netherlands .

Abloy classic adaptor tool https://imgur.com/a/kmMnU2O.

See the holes in the metal plate ..each one is to adjust degree for cuts or angle needed
The bottom bar or locking pin will be pulled out and will be moved to the hole chosen before locking back in to position
For angle cut required ..it's clever
And Set up on the edge of a work bench So it can be removed after use , freeing up space to work After . :D

https://youtu.be/vK2NtMa8bp4.

Ringo
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:48 am

Ringo, you´re right.
Why try to re-invent a wheel. There are dedicated machines and adaptors for this.
But, if you are only going to cut a few keys, investing a thousand euros might not be economical.
Any slotter with a tilt-able carriage and suitable clamp can do the job. I just would not sell those because its not as reliable as a code cut key.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:16 am

Just the man Wizer I'm having trouble finding any information on the size or width of the slotter
Cutter needed for the disk lock or disklock Pro
Any info or advice is welcome on this as stated Above it's a Team project .
This is most important as anyone that is going to make one of these wants to get right 1st time Around
Carbide slotters are not cheap ...will try to find alternatives if I can to keep cost down .

Nice to hear from you buddy . :razz:

Ringo
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:36 am

10ringo10 wrote:Just the man Wizer I'm having trouble finding any information on the size or width of the slotter
Cutter needed for the disk lock or disklock Pro
Any info or advice is welcome on this as stated Above it's a Team project .
This is most important as anyone that is going to make one of these wants to get right 1st time Around
Carbide slotters are not cheap ...will try to find alternatives if I can to keep cost down .

Nice to hear from you buddy . :razz:

Ringo

I can get you detailed pictures and measurements from my dedicated Disclock/Disclock Pro machine. Wizer doesn't have one since Disclock/Disclock Pro was not marketed in Finland. (Info I got from Wizer a few years ago).

Gordon
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:13 am

That would be great Gordon hoping the measurement 0.66 is going to work as
It's the only one in framons book anyway . Close to size you've already sent me buddy
Of course it's not cheap so need to be 100 percent sure on this so if you want to double check lol.
Sent a email off to select fo A Swiss firm to see if it works out any cheaper than USA prices

Update things got a damn site cheaper I think as I've not priced a metal saw blade up yet .

Ringo
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Next

Return to Key Making