FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Silca Matrix

<<

grit1

Familiar Face

Post Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:48 pm

Silca Matrix

Hey guys - some time back, I purchased a used Silca Matrix key duplicator off of Craigs List. It is currently set up to cut Honda "laser" type keys either by duplication or by code. I mainly want to use it to play with some dimple key stuff, or for keyway modification to fit more common blanks to obscure specimens...

Does anyone have access to Silca's supply chain to order the tooling and tracers? I spent a few hours tonight looking around the internet and it seems very difficult to find. I know Ilco is the US brand fronting Silca, but their documentation is sketchy at best and the usual suspects (CLK etc) are coming up short.

The machine requires 6mm tooling, and I am looking for a v-bit, chamfer or countersink type bit greater than 90 degrees. Seems metric tool is very hard to come by in any way that is meaningfully searchable. I'd prefer to stick with OEM Silca, but if anyone has any tips for obtaining metric tooling I'd be all ears.

Thanks folks!
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:38 am

Re: Silca Matrix

Browse around this website (alibaba.com).

Just FYI, you can also check eBay. Search for key milling machine and look through it. You will find quite a few, this listing for a set of quite a few bits

You can also order eBay item 193248070972, which sounds like what you are looking for. Cost is $3.40 USD with free shipping.

Be creative with your searches. I know you can do it!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:35 pm

got part numbers?
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

grit1

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:47 am

Here is a PDF of all of their tooling:
http://www.silca.biz/media/444590/v5/Fi ... chines.pdf

I am specifically looking for the T45 and F45 tracer/cutter.

I ordered a T20 and F20 from keyblanksales.com last night after making this post. I'm going to see how they work for my experimentation - I am hoping to find a shallower rake angle.
https://mysecuritypro.com/F20KeyMachineCutter.aspx

Thanks folks!

Return to Key Making