FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Unknown (to me) machine

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:47 pm

Unknown (to me) machine

Surfing CL and spotted this key machine. Maker?? Can anyone add to what is already posted about this machine.
https://flint.craigslist.org/tls/d/vint ... 19075.html
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: Unknown (to me) machine

Interesting, I've never seen one with a built-in volt meter. I wonder what that is for? If you find anything out, keep us posted.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

jimu57

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:55 pm

If its DC powered, varying the voltage will vary the speed of the motor
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:47 pm

These machines were and still are very popular and sought after down here in Oz. I have the exact same one myself, and although it looks a bit 'chinese quality', it is most definately one of the smoothest and most accurate duplicators I have had the pleasure of owning. So much so, when I recently sold all of my other duplicators including a Silca Rekord and a couple of Ilco's, this was the one I liked the most and kept! The unit you have found is the less common of 2 models that were quite popular, the other being the US-101.

History is murky on these. I believe they were made in Taiwan by a company called, strangely, Plus Minus Times Divide, using the symbols instead of the words. I think they still make machines, but I have never been able to find a source website or company, only what are potentially copies on places like AliBaba and DX etc. They are no longer imported by anyone down here as far as I can tell, but parts and cutters are easily available, and the resale market for them is high, as the prices are reasonable for both the machine and parts, and the unit is just so damn nice! I believe they originally got popular down here when the largest supply company here, LSC, started importing them and selling them. My unit actually has a second serial plate stating 'Imported by LSC, Melbourne, Australia'. According to other lockies down here, they are also very common and popular throughout South East Asia.

Plus Minus have also, or do make a bunch of other models, the US-101 as I mentioned above, the US-102 that you have found, and the US-007, which is a portable like the Ilco Mini Mite. All are superb quality.

As you can tell, If the price is right on it, I highly recommend it.

adi_picker
<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:07 am

It looks like a smaller version of one I was given by a locksmith. Mine also has a voltmeter but also a lamp and warded key cutter. I'll take pictures later today after I get home. I can't remember the name on it, but it's a Chinese key cutter and runs off 220 50hz.
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:48 am

Westcoast,

Your model is the US-101. As you mentioned its very similar but also has the warded cutter on the other side of the motor. The 101 is also a brilliant quality machine.

adi_picker

Return to Key Making