FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Help with Micrometric key machine

<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:31 pm

Help with Micrometric key machine

I know Ilco bought out Micrometric key machines and made ones similar, but I am having problems finding what bushings I need to order.
I was looking at the 2 different bushings on CLK supplies
https://www.clksupplies.com/collections ... y-machines
https://www.clksupplies.com/collections ... ft-bushing

The ones with part number BD0360XXXX (first website listed) looks exactly like what I need. But the cutter was $60.00 on CLK so I went to keyblanksales.com where the cutter was $43.00 and found the bushing picture looked like the other bushing that CLK has but it has the part number of the one that looks like mine so I ordered it because of the part number. Well it turns out that it was just as the picture looked and is WAY TOO BIG for my machine.

Can anyone tell me if the BD0360XXX from CLK is the correct bushing for my Micrometric machine before I waste more money ordering the parts? It cost more the ship the parts then the parts cost...

Thanks for any help in this...
P-F
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:54 am

Re: Help with Micrometric key machine

I would call CLK and ask them to take some measurements - they have always been quite helpful.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

jimu57

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Check out mysecuritypro.com

I have bought several things for mini mite and micrometric.

Jim
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Keyblanksales and Mysecuritypro are the same site.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:58 pm

The ones I purchased that were WAY too big came from keyblanksales which is my security pro. I guess the 008 mini mite is not the same as the Micrometric, the carrage is wider as well. I purchased the key gauge but it was way too large to fit mine. I will use it as a template and try to duplicate it only smaller to fit my machine.

I called CLK and the lady measured the best she could (only had a ruler, not a micrometer like I had. I ordered them and hope they fit...
<<

jimu57

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Lockpicks.com sells an aftermarket brand cutter called Raise. Just put one on my Framon and it works great. We'll see how the life is. They sell the 23RF in Raise brand for the mini mite and micometric for $31.95.

Jim
<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:32 pm

I looked at the Raise but since I had a bad experience with them before with being out of spec I chose the 23RF but if I wanted another one, Bitbuster said the CU-5 was a good choice and only around $24.00
<<

jimu57

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:32 am

Pick-Fu wrote:I looked at the Raise but since I had a bad experience with them before with being out of spec I chose the 23RF but if I wanted another one, Bitbuster said the CU-5 was a good choice and only around $24.00

Out of spec? In what way?
<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:06 am

Though it wouldnt make much difference with this machine because you set the copy dog and your done but I got the Raise cutters for the 1200 and they were from .005 to .008 larger then they should have been, but it made me weary of this brand.
<<

jimu57

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:15 pm

.005 is nothing. You lose more than that if you have a cutter resharpen. You always have to zero your machine when you change cutters. I measured this one from Raise for my Framon. I put the old one face to face with it to make sure it would work. Put it on, zeroed the machine and cut keys.
<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 01, 2017 2:58 pm

This key machine is now sold, got more for it then I thought I would on eBay.

Return to Key Making