FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Need D&S info for ABUS 24 Diskus padlock

<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:43 am

Need D&S info for ABUS 24 Diskus padlock

I got one of these on a chain and after much effort got it picked. Now I would like to make a key for it. I had a couple of Y6 (997X) blanks and tried to impression it before I got it picked. I still need more practice with impressioning and I over cut my first blank.
I have been able to get a read on the first 3 pins now that it is picked. I think I can get close but would like to have the D&S info to make sure.
Thanks for any help anyone can send. I tried the net but can't seem to find any info that applies to my lock.

TIA
Steve
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:52 pm

Re: Need D&S info for ABUS 24 Diskus padlock

my info says:Abus 24/70 Spacing 1- .400, 2- .710, 3- .1020, 4- .1330, 5-.1640 Depths 1-.645, 2-.580, 3-.515, 4-.450, 5-.385 Jaw- B Cutter CW-1011
24/90 Spacing 1- .400, 2- .750, 3- .1100, 4- .1450, 5- .1800 Depths 1-.645, 2-.580, 3-.515, 4-.450, 5-.385 Jaw- A Cutter CW-1011

Good luck!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:22 am

Here is what I got from IC

The 24/50 and 24/60 should be the same specs. That is a 4 pin.
The 24/70 is a 5 pin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:01 am

Thanks Mastersmith...I had those but needed the 4 pin 24/50 info. Thank you for your time.

Werewolf...you win! That is just what I needed. It fits very close to what I had guessed from looking in the key hole. I will add this info to my notebook for future use.

I did note that the first 3 pins in my lock are each at a deeper root depth and the 4th pin is at a very shallow depth (learned from picking).
I plan on filing down a blank until it just fits under the first (highest pin) and that should give me its root depth. I will then file the blank down more until it just fits under pin 2 and the repeat with pin 3. That should give me accurate root depths for the first 3 pins.
I can then cut a blank to these first three depths and then file the 4th cut a bit at a time until the lock opens. That is the plan for now anyway.
I can get good measurements for the first 3 pins since the lock is still picked and the pins are at the shear line. I will have to re-lock the pad lock in order to cut the fourth pin notch.

Thanks again for all the help. The folks here are great with sharing info and I have not been able to "stump" all the members yet. Someone always knows the answer and is willing to share.
Thanks to all........
Steve
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:13 am

escapenrv wrote:Thanks Mastersmith...I had those but needed the 4 pin 24/50 info. Thank you for your time.

Werewolf...you win! That is just what I needed. It fits very close to what I had guessed from looking in the key hole. I will add this info to my notebook for future use.

I did note that the first 3 pins in my lock are each at a deeper root depth and the 4th pin is at a very shallow depth (learned from picking).
I plan on filing down a blank until it just fits under the first (highest pin) and that should give me its root depth. I will then file the blank down more until it just fits under pin 2 and the repeat with pin 3. That should give me accurate root depths for the first 3 pins.
I can then cut a blank to these first three depths and then file the 4th cut a bit at a time until the lock opens. That is the plan for now anyway.
I can get good measurements for the first 3 pins since the lock is still picked and the pins are at the shear line. I will have to re-lock the pad lock in order to cut the fourth pin notch.

Thanks again for all the help. The folks here are great with sharing info and I have not been able to "stump" all the members yet. Someone always knows the answer and is willing to share.
Thanks to all........
Steve

Steve - let's try to stump them. We need the depth cuts and spacing specs for a MIWA EC. :mrgreen:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:55 am

GW...
You are bad!
<<

pickmonger2

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:18 am

As per Lockwiki

http://www.lockwiki.com/index.php/MIWA_EC
Name : MIWA EC
Manufacturer MIWA
Lock Type Cylinder
Lock Design Magnetic

Patent
US 3,518,855
Related Locks
MIWA 3800

The EC (or Ankerslot Inline) is a magnetic lock made by MIWA. It uses up to fourteen magnetic tumblers arranged in two rows of seven on each side of the keyway. The EC is one of the few locks with no visible locking components in the keyway.

Vulnerabilities

The EC may be vulnerable to one or more of the following:
Lockpicking
Decoding

Notes
A magnetic decoding probe was patented in 1979 to defeat the EC, describe in US 4,229,959.
<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:47 am

KEY UP DATE.......
I was able to make a key for the lock and it works well. However the measurements I made and the cuts that worked were different from 24/60 etc.
This is what worked out;
pin 1 .218 (root cuts)
pin 2 .193
pin 3 .165
pin 4 .201

I think these are too far off from the 24/60 specs to be due to some +/- factor as the lock is to well made for this.
Anyway, I wanted to give an update and say that I now have a working key.
Thanks to everyone for their help......
Steve

Return to Key Making