FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

New toy! (Silca Matrix)

<<

grit1

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:38 pm

New toy! (Silca Matrix)

I just got home with my new toy! I picked up a Silca Matrix S off of Craigslist! Snagged this bad boy for $700. It's set up for Honda sidewinder keys, and interestingly enough has jaws that, according to the locksmith I bought it from, are custom machined for Honda. The code cutting section is for Honda as well.

I don't do much automotive, and bought it to play around with dimple keys and keyway simulation (ala keyway king). Currently looking around for jaws and cutter/tracer pairs to add to my wish list.

Silca really spends a lot of time and effort developing the ergonomics of their machines. This is a very well thought out design and movement feels very precise and purposeful. Can't wait to try it out!

WE4K3634.JPG

WE4K3635.JPG

WE4K3636.JPG

Code cutting section.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:18 am

Re: New toy! (Silca Matrix)

Basically you have an ex Honda dealers machine. Silca custom makes certain machines for supply to manufacturers and their dealers.

Standard jaws and parts will be available. They will probably cost far more than the machine did cost you.
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.

Return to Key Making