FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What should I get?

<<

Jinglesanator

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:44 pm

What should I get?

I am wondering what I can get that would ease me into serrated pins. I can't order off the internet (DAMNIT!!!!!), But, I can go to hardware stores, wal-mart, target, ect...

On a random side note, I was picking locks before school to relax before hell, and I was holding them as I went out the door!!! So I was like sh!t!!!! I had to unlock my door (I had the key) and put them back. Lucky me, they checked lockers today... :shock:
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

Kai

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:14 pm

Re: What should I get?

Walmart sells a few Brinks locks. The high security shrouded has serrated pins. Not too hard to open in my experience and think they're only $12 or so.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dAFLBwFjPs[/youtube]

There are spools in it though. Can't think of one off the top of my head that has only serrated. But theres no harm jumping in head first :)
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 pm

An American 1105 or 5200
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:57 am

Srsly? They check your lockers? Isn't that kind of integrity violating?
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnor
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:04 am

Nahhh, I got nothin to hide, but about 1/4th of our school is druggies..

I have the brinks shrouded, it's driving me INSANE! I think I have a really hard bitting, I just can't distinguish the shear line and the serrations yet, but I will prevail.... :twisted:
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:07 am

Yeah, but still dude. They shouldn't be able to check your locker unless they have a good reason. Your locker is your personal space. Oh and good luck with the brinks.
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnor
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:13 am

One time they actually did have good reason, someone typed a bomb threat on a graphing calculator... :shock:
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

johnopsec

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:50 am

I'm not following what the locker-check has to do with you having locks or picks. Would you get in trouble for having either in your locker? Sorry... It's been quite a while since I was in school. :D

On the brinks shrouded, it took me quite a while to get mine. Probably 30-45mins the first time I picked it and then a LONG time to be able to pick it consistently. Mine likes to be picked starting at the back, then front, then middle and ultimately back to the first front pin.

I don't have much issue with the serrated pins in mine but, the bitting makes it a real bitch to get past the spools - thus the funky picking order. You'll get it.

I was able to get my brinks shrouded MUCH faster than my 1105's and my Franken-1105 I still can't get. I've got serrated top and key pins in every position on that one. :o
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:38 am

The picks because they might freak out and think I was a burglar or something. :(
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

johnopsec

Familiar Face

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:41 am

Well, they can think whatever they want but, unless there has been a rash of "no forced entry - locked up tight" burglaries in your area, the picks are easily explained by any number of methods, your membership and activity on a locksport related website, your collection of locks to pick, etc being only a few.

I recently went through TSA not once but three different times in one day, all the while carrying my "always have them" kit with me. This has HPC short hook, HPC rake, SouthOrd short hook, SouthOrd rake, a butt-ton of various tension wrenches that Awol70 made for me, etc. I was only questioned one time and it wasn't about my picks... It was about the #930 and several Brinks locks I had with me. I knew that I wasn't hell bent on picking my way into the cockpit or jabbing a pick between someones ribs and my body language and demeanor told the same story to the TSA agents.

I know that every year, someone makes a big to-do about how to sneak their picks past TSA to go to DEFCON, etc... Unless your picks are longer than 4.25-inches (It might be 4.75 but, you get the idea), they are considered "tools" and are able to be kept as carry-on items. If I can carry them onboard a commercial flight, you should have no issue having them in your locker at school.

John
JohnOPSEC
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:45 pm

Thanks John, the most reason why I don't take them is because I don't want to lose them! They're the only ones I have! (Short hook, snake rake, large half diamond, tension wrench.)
Image Keep on Pushin'

Return to Random Banter