FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Community Lock Wishlists

<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:36 pm

Community Lock Wishlists

Seeing as how it's a rainy day here on the east coast and I'm stuck indoors I thought I'd start a new thread dedicated to what type of lock people have on the top of their wishlists. We've all seen some amazing collections on here but lock do you desire most? Please include a picture (but not too many) if you'd like to share. It's a tough choice for me but as of this moment, I'm gonna go with a pair of these Peerless model 701C. Can they be picked while locked around my wrists? I hope to soon find out :armed:

Bring on the lock prons!!1
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

TheAdvancedNoob

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Re: Community Lock Wishlists

cool I didn't even know something like that existed. I just have a pair of the standard style smith and wesson.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Are those Medeco locks on those cuffs? If so, whether they can be picked while being worn will be harder to say. Xeo, FarmerFreak, what do you think?

As for locks remaining on my wish list are limited. Not counting locks already paid for but not here yet. A couple are on the 'don't drop this on your foot' category.

Anchor Lås 590-6. Grade 6 lock, 3.5 pounds (over 1.5 kg). Takes any half euro profile cylinder.

Sargent and Greenleaf 833 (only one in the beefy S&G military padlock series not in my collection).

And thanks to Marduk, a new lock was added to the wish list today. The SoGood lock he just posted with the funny keys.

Would also like to get a Drumm Geminy Shield, too.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Deadlock

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:06 pm

An 833 you say? Your luck's in! Security Snobs have 'em on sale, 31% off! See this link:

https://securitysnobs.com/Sargent-and-Greenleaf/

:smile:
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:35 pm

Yeah, don't have to open the link. Know what their price is. It may be well below 'list price', but don't really want to take out a second mortgage.

But my luck is already in. Another member is selling me one, once I have the money together.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:31 pm

Some of us just want them for our collections. Unlikely most of the locks in my collection would be used to actually, you know, lock something. :) Have used them from time to time. Even a couple of the really heavy duty and/or highly unpickable locks have been used a couple of times, so can't say never. :) Anyway, sometimes the armed guards need a day off, and the butler and maids feel unsafe without them. :roll:

:)

Gordon
<<

pickafication

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:27 pm

Gordon[/quote]

That drum lock is so cool!

http://toool.nl/images/a/a6/Drumm-geminy.pdf
<<

flywheel

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:18 pm

At the top of our wish lists? Or off the top of our head wish list?

Shrouded whenever possible.

Sargent & Greenleaf Environmental*
Sargent & Greenleaf 951 or 833*
Sargent & Greenleaf 831*
Ingersoll Miracle*
Rotalok*
Abloy 362
Best 91B719
Ifam Huno 80
Sargent Keso
Folger Adam
Emhart*
Kasp 19070X
Anchor Las 590
American 747 or 748
ABUS Rock
Yale Padlock
Yale shutter lock
EVVA family
Chubb padlock
Mul-T-Lock padlock
Ruko padlock
LOB padlock
Marks mortise
Master pro series
*Definite keepers. Other locks may be promoted.

Yeah. That’s a good start.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:50 am

flywheel wrote:At the top of our wish lists? Or off the top of our head wish list?

Shrouded whenever possible.

Sargent & Greenleaf Environmental*
Sargent & Greenleaf 951 or 833*
Sargent & Greenleaf 831*
Ingersoll Miracle*
Rotalok*
Abloy 362
Best 91B719
Ifam Huno 80
Sargent Keso
Folger Adam
Emhart*
Kasp 19070X
Anchor Las 590
American 747 or 748
ABUS Rock
Yale Padlock
Yale shutter lock
EVVA family
Chubb padlock
Mul-T-Lock padlock
Ruko padlock
LOB padlock
Marks mortise
Master pro series
*Definite keepers. Other locks may be promoted.

Yeah. That’s a good start.

Do you want an Ingersoll Miracle lock, or just an Ingersoll padlock? They are still making the latter and they usually pop up on ebay UK. I have several Marks/CX5 mortises nib, a new Emhart cam lock that has rotating pins... :wink:

What kind of Folger Adam lock? The lever one or the mogul? And what kind of Chubb padlock? There are a ton of different models and lock types.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:18 am

The rota padlock is now available with a Bramah mechanism. So you get the best of both worlds !

Not an inexpensive lock though .

Does anyone know of any padlock maker that produces a lock that will accept a 22mm swiss pattern euro cylinder ????
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:20 am

oldlock wrote:The rota padlock is now available with a Bramah mechanism. So you get the best of both worlds !

Not an inexpensive lock though .

Does anyone know of any padlock maker that produces a lock that will accept a 22mm swiss pattern euro cylinder ????

Well dang, that would be an awesome lock.

Hmm, I wonder if the Anchor Las padlocks come in the correct configuration or not. Most of us have no idea what would be made since we never really deal with that kind of stuff.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:48 pm

some nice lists and pics, lets see some more! :slainte:
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:09 pm

2 years ago, I called a bramah rep and asked about a rotalok cylinder. They said they didnt produce it. So I stuck an EVVA MCS in the rotalok and parted with it. Now you say there is a bramah cylinder..... time to get another rotalok...
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:21 pm

mister sour wrote:2 years ago, I called a bramah rep and asked about a rotalok cylinder. They said they didnt produce it. So I stuck an EVVA MCS in the rotalok and parted with it. Now you say there is a bramah cylinder..... time to get another rotalok...

Special pattern Rotalock - the Bramah version is bespoke to accept the bramah core.
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.
<<

flywheel

Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:17 pm

Riyame wrote:Do you want an Ingersoll Miracle lock, or just an Ingersoll padlock? They are still making the latter and they usually pop up on ebay UK. I have several Marks/CX5 mortises nib, a new Emhart cam lock that has rotating pins... :wink:

What kind of Folger Adam lock? The lever one or the mogul? And what kind of Chubb padlock? There are a ton of different models and lock types.

Miracle would be a keeper. Wouldn't mind picking at other Ingersolls. Of course the Folger Adam mogul. I know there are many different heavy Chubb padlocks out there. I could try the pin tumblers as well as the lever locks.

It is a wish list when the wallet is empty and a shopping list when the wallet is full.
Next

Return to Random Banter