FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Punk Gangsters - I'm Mad as Hell

<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Punk Gangsters - I'm Mad as Hell

Ok, I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it any more…

Some little punk came on Keypicking recently and was inquiring about bumping or bypassing a specific brand of high security lock. He was given some general guidelines about the difficulty of picking these locks, but he remained undeterred.

He then PM’d some folks on the site, offering cash to get help getting past these locks either non destructively – or destructively.

Godd*mn it! I am royally pissed off about this!

People, all we need is for an idiot like this to float a turd in the punchbowl and f*ck this little party up for everybody else.

I took this as a personal insult, not just to me – but to all of us that are working hard to make Keypicking an enjoyable place to share knowledge and friendship.

You should be pissed too.

If anyone has come onto this site in the hopes of obtaining “secret” knowledge in order to be a motherf*cking gangster, you’d best hit the f*cking road!

I urge each of you to be cautious if you receive an email or PM from somebody you don’t know asking strange questions. Report them to the moderators.

In these days of 9/11’s, 7/11’s and 3/11’s we have to be vigilant.

Ok, ‘nuff said. I’m off the soapbox.

Carry on.

:evil:
<<

Wozzlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Punk Gangsters - I'm Mad as Hell

Chill bro` (that's me being gangster! 8-) ) Surly it's to be expected in the world we live in, but I think every valued member has enough wits about them to send people like this packing.

I shall remain vigilant!
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:25 am

I'm not naive, so sure it is to be expected, but it still physically effects me every time it comes up. It makes my adrenaline pump like a fight was about to break out every time I hear a newb with this cocky "to hell with the consiquences" attitude. Lockpicking for a hobby should be about lock manipulation and should end there. It should never be a means to an end unless you are in fact a practicing locksmith, or aiding a friend in their lockout situation. To gain access to any person's space or belongings without their consent is wrong and I don't care how you choose to spin it, you cannot justify shattering a person's illusion of security just for your own convenience or personal gain.

This recent incident should be considered an insult to everyone here. This guy was under the impression he was amongst friends who shared his goals. Someone who believed he could manipulate you into sharing information, or services with him in exchange for a portion of his loot. That is in effect no different than me being invited into your home, seeing your lockboard and just assuming you are a theif because you are a picker. Do you like it when people jump the gun with this assumption when you share your hobby with them? Niether do I, and it is the reason so few people know I pick. Probably the reason this shit makes me so mad is because it's crap like this that validates the sterotype in the first place. The fact is there are an exponentially greater amount of people out there looking to use picking for criminal gain, or mischeif than there are people who enjoy the hobby for the tools, the locks, the skill, and the comrodary. These people usually don't make it very far, but they can take advantage of those who would unwittingly aid them.

Lock picking brings me alot of peace, so it isn't something I can take so lightly when some bum comes around to fuck that up. It very literally takes me some real effort to calm down from this kind of shit. I know it's all supposed to be good clean fun, but in reality it can be quite the opposite. For anyone who has had their locker busted into, bike stolen, or their home broken into it can be a frustrating, deeply disturbing experience. I take solace from the fact I know that most criminals have attention spans measured in nano seconds, and to think one would have enough drive to develop a skill other than running his mouth would be highly unusual.

HallisChalmers is justifiably in berserker mode venting some steam. I had to cut his post in half to keep from looking like a pyschopath. Thanks man for the extra room to rant a little bit. I think I needed that...

-Mcgee
<<

Wozzlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:13 am

That is in effect no different than me being invited into your home, seeing your lockboard and just assuming you are a theif because you are a picker.

When you put it like that I am kinda mad about it. Sorry I didn't see the full point last night!
<<

Kai

Familiar Face

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:52 am

I Couldn't agree more and I'm glad that this site takes a firm stance on the issue.

But allow me, if I may, to spin this just a little. To be honest, I am glad that people like Raja come to this site and are so blatantly stupid. Locksport is on shaky ground with a lot of people and by outing those who do not share the same perspective as we do goes a long way in convincing the rest of the world of its legitimacy.

When someone questions the credibility of the Locksport community I can confidently state that we do not tolerate criminal behavior or even perceived illegal intentions. Ever. But unless violators are publicly humiliated now and then that credibility is questionable.

People like this moron do piss me off, but on some level I'm happy they come around because it allows for an opportunity to differentiate ourselves from criminality. The more it happens, the more people like my dad, who I equate with general popular opinion, begin to understand what it's all about.

Yes, Raja Naga, complete D-Bag. But I say keep em comin'. Every time some idiot is exposed, tarred, and feathered around here it boosts everyone else up a couple notches.

We need a Wall of Shame IMO
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:16 am

Kai wrote:
We need a Wall of Shame IMO

We did have one at one time but some members started going mad about it so i just removed it from the public forum and put it in the Mod area.

Under the rules section there is a banned users list which gives a short explanation of who and why a user was banned.

Lew
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:59 am

And this guy wont be showing up On EZP that's for sure, i will run an I.P scan everday if i have to and as soon as i see him register his ass is straight back out the door.

As tooly rightly said, the owner of any locksport borad isnt going to be happy when dick heads like raga come boasting about illegal shit in a locksport community that he is paying for and working hard to build.

Alot of people see the locksport community as a bunch of crooks finding the quickest way in to their steal, and it's assholes like him who fuel peoples opinions and that's why it pisses me off so much.

Thank you very much Hallis and Josh sorting this problem out, i was away for a couple of days when this happned and it had all been resolved when i got back, ive read all info posted in the moderator area and i'm very happy how you handled the whole thing.

And of course a BIG Thank you Tooly for your help on this.

Just to show you how genuine and commited this guy is to locksport here is a part of the conversation that went on between tooly and raga:

Raga Naga:
Ok. Tooly. How do we get pass those locks within 3minutes? And what? It's not hard to get in destructiv. I got tools for that. The thing is to do it quit!! No bullShit now! ;) thanx

Tooly:
3 mins isn't a very long time, and it doesn't leave any room for screw ups. Exactly what tools do you have? If you try to accomplish the task with crap tools you won't get far against a lock that is made to some of the highest standards in security.

Raga Naga:
;) belive me. We have tools and materials to get me in any where and any how. But for now we need a quite option to buy us a couple of minutes. And there is only a 3minute "window" to get it open. I joined this site with one thing in my mind. Don't get me wrong, i like you all and there is much good to be learned from here. But my goal is to pass these locks. Once again the one who can show me how to will share the reward. Every tool/technique in the world is ok as long as it's quite. Funds is on problem.

Tooly:
Let us get one thing straight here, I had you figured out from the very first word you posted. You are 100% transparent from your wanna be crook persona to your lame vague goodfellas inuendo. I've even openly insulted you about it several times now and you still are spilling your guts to me because you are desperate to get at some kind of loot you are convinced you can steal. Do you really think that a lock that has been the industry standard in high security for longer than you have been alive can be jimmied open with a pocket knife? It took me two years of practice to be able to get this lock halfway picked in 2 hours. Not even the best master locksmith practicing can decode it in under an hour. Your three minute window is a crock kid. Just so I can say I gave it a shot DO NOT ruin your short life with some half assed smash and grab attempt. Even as I say it I know it falls on deaf ears because I have met thousands of small time crooks just like you. It's pathetic. Pull your head out of your ass and do something with your life other than scheme about easy money. If I was a master theif, do you think I would be on the internet bragging about it and sharing my methods with you? Do you think you aren't being watched from the minute you registered here? Do you know in how many countries lockpicking is standard police training? Do you know how many cops are members on this website? Get a clue. I don't have the patience to bait you into coming off your little plan, and I don't have the energy to continue chewing your ass. Don't post this lame Sh!t here again, or any other locksport site. I think the owner would find your intent less amuseing than I do. He's footing the bill to support a community he believes in so we can talk about locks and method, not to make it easy for bums like you to steal from other people. Whatever you are after is far out of your reach, so just let it go.

So once again, thank you very much for your help on this and if anything like this happens again then PLEASE report it to an Admin or Moderator staright away.

Lew.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:06 am

Thanks for posting that, Lew.

Now, do you guys understand why I had my frilly pink panties in a wad?
:o
<<

Wozzlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:31 pm

I feel quite naive now! :oops: Well done guys for sorting this out.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:32 pm

SpaceyStacey wrote:holy smokes - I had no idea about this guy. GOOD JOB Tooly!!!

That guy is a real jerk.

Hallis - I thought your panties were lilac - dont confuse me here... LOL

I'll wear lilac for you, Stacey....just don't let Lew find out! :shock:
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:22 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:
SpaceyStacey wrote:holy smokes - I had no idea about this guy. GOOD JOB Tooly!!!

That guy is a real jerk.

Hallis - I thought your panties were lilac - dont confuse me here... LOL

I'll wear lilac for you, Stacey....just don't let Lew find out! :shock:

WHAT!!!, this is an outrage :evil:
<<

m0ose

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:35 pm

This has happened to me in real life multiple times. Some people are just crooked. It's just a shame that people have to risk our fun and try to use the knowledge here to be wrong. You know?

Honestly, I hope Faga Fagy gets his dumb ass caught and raped in county.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:35 am

Hmmm, I don't remember sending anyone copies of my pm's or hyperlinks either. Wait a minute... Lew!? You used your administative powers to rat me out? The reason I didn't send HallisChalmers my responses was because I didn't want to look like a kiss ass.

Don't believe any of it people! I rob gumball machines for the nickels I swear! I lock myself out of the house... on purpose. One time I picked up a lock with a cut shackle I found on the sidewalk next to a bike rack. Didn't even take it down to the police station to register it as possible missing property. I'm pretty sure that's criminal conversion.

Seriously though, I just don't like the bullshit. I have spent too much of my life around small time criminal wanna be bad asses to let it slide very far. In real life I learned long ago to just let 'em talk because 99.9 percent of the time that's all it will ever be, but on the computer, in my own home I shouldn't have to deal with it for even 1 second. If that means getting a little fanatical and having to apologize for cussing out someone who didn't deserve it every once in a while then that's how it's gonna be. I can't seem to behave myself this way. I didn't even see this kids comment about being a sleeper. I guess I was too busy being a hothead.

To clarify, I don't really believe that everyone here is a cop. That was just for effect. The part about the Assa 6000, it's more like 2 years total hobby picking. Mostly infrequently, but since I found the locksport communities it's been pretty compulsive. Since I have had the lock a little more than a month it is only 60+ hours practice and about a two hour pick session for that ONE TIME false set. It think I could have had it with 3 more mushroom pins but my heart stopped and I totally choked. Hard to say how much time had really passed, it was probably longer than I think. It seems to be pretty frequently this way with me.

I saw the banned thread Lew, does that hammer throw suspension thunder bolts? I didn't think you would read the PM's I wrote to what's his face, but I guess I should have seen it coming. Still I'm surprised you outed me on being a narc you snitch. :mrgreen: I'm glad I didn't pick that cool Superman avatar I'd been contemplating or I would have looked like a Super jackass. I really like this site and in the future I won't keep crap like this to myself for so long. I hope it's the last time it comes up, but I think everyone knows better than that. I'll continue to be the quick tempered, judgmental, preachy, cranky old long winded helper monkey I'm doomed to be. Thanks for the gratitude, but really I can't help myself when it comes to being a jerk.

-Tooly
<<

Kai

Familiar Face

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:31 am

No need to apologize for anything. The guy clearly needed to be told. Makes it clear people don't put up with his kind of Sh!t around here.
Last edited by Kai on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:33 am

ToolyMcgee wrote:Hmmm, I don't remember sending anyone copies of my pm's or hyperlinks either. Wait a minute... Lew!? You used your administative powers to rat me out? The reason I didn't send HallisChalmers my responses was because I didn't want to look like a kiss ass.

My definition of a "snitch" is someone who rats on someone for personal gain. You did nothing of the sort. You're getting nothing out of this except knowing you did the right thing.

See, that's what's wrong with this gangster mentality BS that is so prevalent nowdays. For some reason, if you see someone doing something illegal (i.e. murder, armed robbery, etc.) the "gangsta" code says you don't help the cops, lest you be labeled a "snitch".

F*ck that. I'm not gonna live my life by some thug's rules. I'm not gonna be intimidated - and neither should anybody else.

Don't worry about what other pinheads may think. You did the right thing. That's all that really matters. And who knows, this little exercise my just help deter some others that may be weak of will.

Steely resolve, Tooly. That's all it takes.

:twisted:
Next

Return to Random Banter