FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Ike...Ike ..Baby

<<

m0ose

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:41 pm

Re: Ike...Ike ..Baby

Haha, I love the sign. I hope all is well! Also, damn I love you Texans. Like that one guy who shot the two dudes stealing from his neighbors house. "You're dead buddy!"
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:21 pm

so i heard that it passed Houston? is all ok hallis?
<<

m0ose

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:14 pm

SpaceyStacey wrote:
Moose -you would love the little grandma down the street who was shooting an intruder while on 911 and they had to ask her to stop shooting the suspect. She lives a block from me. :-)

Lol, yeah! If I could handle the heat, and the chances for hurricanes, I'd so live in Texas. :P
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:26 pm

getting a bit worried up here.....really hoping you are safe, hallis...
..let us all know you are ok...a.s.a.p....
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:16 am

m0ose wrote:Lol, yeah! If I could handle the heat, and the chances for hurricanes, I'd so live in Texas. :P

You are forgetting the killer arachnids and droughts. :mrgreen: Not much of a camping enthusiast, are you m0ose?
awol70 wrote:getting a bit worried up here.....really hoping you are safe, hallis...
..let us all know you are ok...a.s.a.p....

Somehow I sense that HallisChalmers is fine, and we should all be worried for the rest of Texas in case his house got blown down, because that would mean he is armed and on the loose. :lol:

Seriously though I hope shit isn't too busted up and everything returns to normal sooner than expected. I heard it wasn't as bad as anticipated, but 60 mile an hour sustained winds with even higher speed gusts sounds rough enough to clear alot of power lines, trees, and generally tear up any home in the way of flying debris. Hope you're sitting on the porch drinking, white knuckleing that .45 and daring any would be looters to step on the lawn just so you have a reason... Anyway, I hope you are making the best of the worst.

-Tooly
<<

aka.decoy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:15 pm

Whew. I've been working 7 days straight and haven't had a chance to check my computer, so anything I say to Hallis will be trite, especially since he probably doesn't have power. But going through 2 hurricanes in a single-wall construction house, and running away from occasional tsunami warnings, I have an idea of how crappy it gets, and just hope everything turns out fine, buddy.

Here's to you, Ike (Finger)
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

-Ron Burgundy
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:33 am

Hey, you bastards!

I'm not dead yet!

Lesson # 1- Don't call a hurricane a homo....he will beat the shit out of you!

Survived, but neighborhood is fucked up. Neighbors have trees thru and on top of houses.

I had a 40 ft oak tree break and land next to garage, No power for at least 3 weeks.

Running on dc/ac power inverter. Must go now, and search for Ice, Ice baby,,,,fridge will stink if I don't,

Cya when I can!
<<

Kai

Familiar Face

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:02 am

Glad you and the family are ok.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:20 pm

Damn it, no ice. People are getting hinky around here. Tempers getting a little short as people search for ice, gas, etc.

Newbies don't know to treat an intersection as a 4 way stop when lights are out. :x

Some stores open but you can only buy canned goods with AFC...actual fucking cash. Gold & platinum cards don't mean shit. Cash takes command.

A lot of clean up to do.

2.1 million people w/ no power. :o

Gas is going up as refineries in Beaumont/Pt.Arthur are damaged, shut down, etc., and oil platforms damaged. 40% of all gasoline in the US is refined in Beaumont/Pt. Arthur.

Remanufactured generators selling for $1700 for a $500 generator. Fuckers are trying to gouge us.

Life is not peaches and cream. Be thankful for what you got.

End transmission.
<<

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:47 pm

There's no getting rid of this old bastard ^^^^ (woohoo)
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:16 pm

Glad to see youre still with us hallis (woohoo)
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:40 pm

Back again, so far my day has been spent in the wandering quest for ice and deep cycle marine batteries to keep my poor little inverter chugging away.

Note to self: You ignorant bastard, I told you to buy a generator. If you had listened your troubles wouldn't be so bad.

Even if I did have a generator, eventually I would need fuel - but there is very little available now. Lines are 1/2 mile long to get gas.

BTW - Cell phones were useless during the first 48 - only emergency calls were going thru the network. All appears normal today.

We have 4 million people in Houston and about 3 million don't have power. Centerpoint Energy has 2.8 million customers and 25% have power. Entergy has about 200,000 of the population and they're about 25% also.

Still can't watch TV - so I'm surfing the net for info while batty's last.

C ya'll
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:31 pm

at least you have an internet connection.
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:43 pm

Glad to see you ok man! Snap as many pictures as you can. Maybe even a video of the lawn and some houses. I was watching CNN and Houston was fucking demolished pretty good for not even getting a "direct hit".

But yeah, glad to hear you're ok. Pictures, pictures and more pictures! Fill that SD card! Then you can sell them to the news or stuff. :P

I'm just glad you're alive! :)
<<

PerfectNightmare

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:37 pm

Glad to see you weathered the storm. Wish you the best of luck over the next few weeks. From what i heard today, refineries suffered little to no damage, so shouldn't be shut down all too long... Which means, Oil prices are going down, and Gas prices are going up... Power will be a problem, but we can hope they get to humping the problem and shouldn't last too long. I'll give y'all Texans hell for lots of thing, but y'all know how to work then the work needs done...
--Nightmare
“It was a dark and stormy nightmare” -- Neil Gaiman
PreviousNext

Return to Random Banter